Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772401 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5440 on: June 01, 2008, 12:41:36 pm »
Same here, Fiona.

Knights tale is back on T.V again today.It has been on a lot recently, and I love it,never get tired of it.I know many people do not rate it,but on a superficial level, I can watch it just to drool.
I actually think it is a clever little comedy and  some people miss the subtlety of Heath's light handed comedy touch.I love the British sarcasm as well.I cannot abide rub your face in it OTT comedy, it does nothing for me AKA jackas and the like.
Heath was to me already showing talent, he can make something funny,just by the raise of an eyebrow,also by the oops, I've done it again look, as in when he realises in his exuberance he has ridden the horse rigt into a cathedral.
I am very biased when it comes to Heath though.I do really think that some people  underestimate his comedic gift.Just because he looks gorgeous in  knights tale,does not mean he cannot act well at the same time.

Offline optom3

« Reply #5441 on: June 01, 2008, 01:47:58 pm »
I also love AKT, as it takes me back to the time I "discovered" Heath.  It thought it was a cute film, overall.  When I like comedy at all, it has to be the subtle kind, not at all slapstick or over the top.  My favorite comedy when I was younger was Monty Python and similar.

Ditto to M.P which is being shown on T.V at the moment in its entirety.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5442 on: June 01, 2008, 07:13:23 pm »
The Patriot interview:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo2MVA65NO0[/youtube]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:49:34 am by Elle »

Offline optom3

« Reply #5443 on: June 01, 2008, 11:52:48 pm »
The Patriot interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo2MVA65NO0

Just lovely, very very big sigh. I am guessing he is stiil being advised on his wardrobe.That does not seem like his later very ecclectic taste, which I loved, as he refused to be pigeon holed.

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5444 on: June 02, 2008, 01:18:49 am »
From article in PARADE Magazine:

http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_06-01-2008/1Anne_Hathaway

The death of Heath Ledger, her co-star in Brokeback Mountain, was a shocker that touched her deeply. “That was tough,” she says. “I hesitate to talk about Heath. He was special in so many ways. I can tell you that I feel I cared about him more than I actually knew him. It was devastating, and the people who were closest to him should talk about him in their own time.”
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline optom3

« Reply #5445 on: June 02, 2008, 02:17:13 am »

The death of Heath Ledger, her co-star in Brokeback Mountain, was a shocker that touched her deeply. “That was tough,” she says. “I hesitate to talk about Heath. He was special in so many ways. I can tell you that I feel I cared about him more than I actually knew him. It was devastating, and the people who were closest to him should talk about him in their own time.”

That sums up  how most of us fel I guess.I cared about him more than I actually knew him. It must have been very special to care for an know him.I am envious of those who did.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5446 on: June 02, 2008, 05:52:06 am »

Thanks Pete, very thoughtful of you to post this! 

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5447 on: June 02, 2008, 07:31:48 am »
Thanks for posting this! I also loved her first tribute to Heath!
I have to say i respect Heath's family even more for paying tribute despite the difficult and sad situation. They probably felt obliged because of the stupid rags who dragged his name through the mud with unconfirmed rumors just to sell mags. >:( They had to even it out i suppose!

Offline optom3

« Reply #5448 on: June 02, 2008, 01:07:43 pm »
MilAn posted this link in the Jake Jake Jake thread (Jake is #1), but as Heath is there as well, I am posting it here too, along with my comments.

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2008/6/hot100

Oh, that was fun to look at!  I was happy to see Hayden Christensen, Robert Downey Jr., Ian Somerhalder, James McAvoy, Milo Ventimiglia, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and Anderson Cooper there along with expected ones like Johnny Depp.  They are all hot to me!  In fact, I had a reaction to James McAvoy much like the one I had to Heath the frst time I sw him in a movie.  Heath was there too, listed at #34, In Memoriam.  Hmmm ... maybe my comments actually belong in the Heath Heath Heath thread.  I will post them there too.  Thanks for sharing this link.

That simply reduced me to a sobbing wreck seein in memoriam after Heath's name. That is so very hard to deal with.I WOULD HAVE TOUGHT HE WOULD HAVE BEEN HIGHER. Also surprised by Depps position and not convinced by the number one slot !!!!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5449 on: June 02, 2008, 03:12:31 pm »
Jake is very popular with women and gay men that's why he is mostly very high placed in polls like that.  A link to the poll was posted on the Dave Cullen forum and other Jake or BBM related fansites. That probably contributed to him winning.
While i think Jake's prettier, i'd agree that Heath is sexier and should have been placed higher. But that's how fans voted!