Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3772875 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5600 on: June 25, 2008, 03:07:08 pm »

My 2 boys are so excited about TDK they are just bursting to see it.I am still dreading it,so will be relying on their feedback.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5601 on: June 25, 2008, 03:32:04 pm »
*TDK review - spoilers as to general opinion on the film and the Joker, if not on specific plot points*

Well, the first actual reviews are in for TDK. Rolling Stone's just went online, and.......

It's a total rave!  Here: http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/16155928/review/21477208/the_dark_knight

Here in this thread I just can't *not* quote a couple of passages:

I can only speak superlatives of Ledger, who is mad-crazy-blazing brilliant as the Joker. Miles from Jack Nicholson's broadly funny take on the role in Tim Burton's 1989 Batman, Ledger takes the role to the shadows, where even what's comic is hardly a relief.

The Joker represents the last completed role for Ledger, who died in January at 28 before finishing work on Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. It's typical of Ledger's total commitment to films as diverse as Brokeback Mountain and I'm Not There that he does nothing out of vanity or the need to be liked. If there's a movement to get him the first posthumous Oscar since Peter Finch won for 1976's Network, sign me up. Ledger's Joker has no gray areas — he's all rampaging id.

No fair giving away the mysteries of The Dark Knight. [  ]  It's enough to see Ledger conjure up the anarchy of the Sex Pistols and A Clockwork Orange as he creates a Joker for the ages. [/b]

~~~~

And this is a bona fide review from someone who actually saw the whole film!! I think it's fair to say this one will live up to the hype, and so will Heath's performance. OMG!

I'm so torn between anticipation, grief for Heath, and trepidation that I can't stomach the film, - if I don't burst, it will be a marvel!!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5602 on: June 25, 2008, 03:54:11 pm »
Mr. Bale:
Your co-star Heath Ledger, who plays The Joker, died tragically after the fi lm wrapped. Do you mind talking about him?

No, listen, I want to talk about Heath.
When you miss somebody, you want to speak about him. He was a unique character, a very infectious character. He was a good man, and I was glad to have spent time with him. He
was somebody who I’d been seeing on a daily basis for months. It takes a long time to accept that someone’s gone, when all body and mind are telling you that this is somebody you will know for a great deal of time. He was something of a kindred spirit to myself.

It must be difficult.

Much of it has to do with my respect for his daughter, whom he loved so dearly and whom he would talk about so often. For me, that is of
incredible importance. I hope in a small way that The Dark Knight can be a celebration of his work. Not like the hideous circus after he died, which I felt was an invasion of
a private life. This movie is not a personal home video. This is what he did. I hope people will embrace that in the correct fashion.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/06/25/christian-bale-parade/

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5603 on: June 25, 2008, 05:17:29 pm »
Thank you so much, Mikaela and MilAn, for those.  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline oilgun

« Reply #5604 on: June 25, 2008, 05:21:01 pm »
*TDK review - spoilers as to general opinion on the film and the Joker, if not on specific plot points*

Well, the first actual reviews are in for TDK. Rolling Stone's just went online, and.......

It's a total rave!  Here: http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/16155928/review/21477208/the_dark_knight

Here in this thread I just can't *not* quote a couple of passages:

~~~~

And this is a bona fide review from someone who actually saw the whole film!! I think it's fair to say this one will live up to the hype, and so will Heath's performance. OMG!

I'm so torn between anticipation, grief for Heath, and trepidation that I can't stomach the film, - if I don't burst, it will be a marvel!!

Amazing review, thanks for posting it!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5605 on: June 25, 2008, 06:21:25 pm »
Christian Bale:  "I hope in a small way that The Dark Knight  can be a celebration of [Heath's] work. Not like the hideous circus after he died, which I felt was an invasion of a private life. This movie is not a personal home video. This is what he did. I hope people will embrace that in the correct fashion."

Amen to that.

I think I'm starting to like Christian Bale more and more.  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5606 on: June 25, 2008, 07:37:46 pm »

Me too.  Just goes to once again show Katherine's wisdom - she's always had a high regard for Christian Bale.  :)

Offline optom3

« Reply #5607 on: June 25, 2008, 11:01:53 pm »
Thanks for posting the review,I am so pleased that it appears Heath has, as expected excelled himself. I am however so upset that he is no longer here.If it is going to have accolades heaped on it, It just would have been so good for him to have read them.He said in one interview it was the most fun he had making a movie.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5608 on: June 25, 2008, 11:12:07 pm »
Christian Bale:  "I hope in a small way that The Dark Knight  can be a celebration of [Heath's] work. Not like the hideous circus after he died, which I felt was an invasion of a private life. This movie is not a personal home video. This is what he did. I hope people will embrace that in the correct fashion."

Amen to that.

Very sweet. I like "This is what he did."  In his life, he was a lucky man in that he was able to do what he loved to do. Too bad he didn't get to do it with a little more privacy.

I think if time had gotten to go by, he would have been able to stay out of the limelight more -- like Tom Hanks or Paul Newman. Still celebritites, but with more space.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5609 on: June 25, 2008, 11:29:56 pm »
Whoa, what a review! Unbelievable....I have been so conflicted about seeing this but I may have to go...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!