Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3771951 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5790 on: July 11, 2008, 03:15:17 am »
Sorry if I'm sort of jumping in here... but I'm new to the site and Heath is my fave... so I was going to try to post one of my favorite pictures.  I'm all about the funny expressions.  I didn't look through allll the pages, so this one might be a repeat, but I hope you can enjoy it anyway.

Hey Carolina, no need to apologize for jumping in. On the contrary, it's great to see you participating, and we're of course happy about every new Heathen joining us. :)
I also like the funny ones, and Heath is so great in making funny faces.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5791 on: July 11, 2008, 03:17:25 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Amanda, have a close look at this one ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5792 on: July 11, 2008, 03:25:27 am »

Seen it, Bud? Ok, I won't make you guess till tomorrow. Just scroll down a bit...

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

It's the yin/yang-y necklace that made me think of you. You can see it better in this pic (darn watermarks). I have three more of this series, with which I'll start the day tomorrow. They're from AKT premiere/interview in Spain.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5793 on: July 11, 2008, 10:02:07 am »

Seen it, Bud? Ok, I won't make you guess till tomorrow. Just scroll down a bit...

Sure enough, I see it Bud. :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #5794 on: July 11, 2008, 10:11:04 am »
It's on tomorrow -- well, since it's after midnight now, that would make it tonight.

Oh.  Duh.    :P

Speaking of jewelry, what's the story behind that cool leather bracelet he wears?  (Sorry if that was discussed upthread & I missed it.)

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5795 on: July 11, 2008, 11:04:42 am »
Welcome, Carolina. Always very nice to meet a new Heathen!  :)

Well, since obviously I'm right there with Chrissi in being unable to see the Special Program thingie about Heath (probably just as well, knowing the care normally taken in putting together such things) I've been continuing to sniff around for tidbits on TDK.

The following was just too cute not to share, it's from an online story today in USAtoday on and with Maggie Gyllenhaal, and the passage I'd like to quote was this one:

Despite the film's dark subject matter, the set at times resembled a day care center. Gyllenhaal shot the film when Ramona was an infant and brought her to the set. There, she was often greeted by Nolan's four children. "Sometimes, that was the only way we could see our kids," Nolan says. [   ] Adds Eckhart: "Maggie brought her child to set, and Heath brought (daughter) Matilda. Gary (Oldman) has two beautiful young boys. So the baby talk was rampant in the makeup trailer."

:)

MG also says a thing or two in praise of Heath in the article, but in a relatively general way. I thought this was the best part:  "Sometimes in my work, you're just alive and being the person you're playing. It's unusual. It's difficult to get there. And I think Heath did. Nothing Heath could do was wrong."

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5796 on: July 11, 2008, 11:19:18 am »
Maggie G. :
Sometimes in my work, you're just alive and being the person you're playing. It's unusual. It's difficult to get there. And I think Heath did. Nothing Heath could do was wrong.

Sorry for me maybe not understanding properly, but does she say he stayed in character the whole time? Didn't his other co-stars say this wasn't the case at all. Please don't shoot if i misunderstood what she said.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5797 on: July 11, 2008, 11:22:32 am »
Sorry if I'm sort of jumping in here... but I'm new to the site and Heath is my fave... so I was going to try to post one of my favorite pictures.  I'm all about the funny expressions.  I didn't look through allll the pages, so this one might be a repeat, but I hope you can enjoy it anyway.

we don't care!  we love Heath!  repeats welcome!  and, welcome aboard!

;D
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5798 on: July 11, 2008, 11:25:57 am »
Welcome, Carolina. Always very nice to meet a new Heathen!  :)

Well, since obviously I'm right there with Chrissi in being unable to see the Special Program thingie about Heath (probably just as well, knowing the care normally taken in putting together such things) I've been continuing to sniff around for tidbits on TDK.

The following was just too cute not to share, it's from an online story today in USAtoday on and with Maggie Gyllenhaal, and the passage I'd like to quote was this one:

Despite the film's dark subject matter, the set at times resembled a day care center. Gyllenhaal shot the film when Ramona was an infant and brought her to the set. There, she was often greeted by Nolan's four children. "Sometimes, that was the only way we could see our kids," Nolan says. [   ] Adds Eckhart: "Maggie brought her child to set, and Heath brought (daughter) Matilda. Gary (Oldman) has two beautiful young boys. So the baby talk was rampant in the makeup trailer."

:)

MG also says a thing or two in praise of Heath in the article, but in a relatively general way. I thought this was the best part:  "Sometimes in my work, you're just alive and being the person you're playing. It's unusual. It's difficult to get there. And I think Heath did. Nothing Heath could do was wrong."

Nothing Heath could do was wrong.

That's how I feel.

:-\

Offline BelAir

« Reply #5799 on: July 11, 2008, 11:28:14 am »
Maggie G. :
Sorry for me maybe not understanding properly, but does she say he stayed in character the whole time? Didn't his other co-stars say this wasn't the case at all. Please don't shoot if i misunderstood what she said.

my guess is she is referring to when he was acting... sort of like "he came alive as his character" rather than a phrase of Mikaela's  ;) "just phoning it in"...

make more sense that way maybe??