Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3702469 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #8450 on: March 09, 2010, 04:51:08 am »
It was at the Oscars that year that there was a little clip of Annie Proulx saying that his name should be "Heath Legend."  I tried to find it on YouTube just now, but couldn't.  Can anybody post it?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8451 on: March 09, 2010, 05:03:47 am »
Albeit it looks a bit like a silver version of those floret-like tooth picks

:laugh: 
Maybe it came handy at one of those gala dinners. ;)

Sure did! Heath must have regreted it to not have the pin/pick at hand at the Rescue Dawn party. He could have helped out the lady behind him:

Would have spared her the embarassement

And Heath seemingly needed it, too

:laugh: ;D :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8452 on: March 09, 2010, 05:13:58 am »
Thank you for the Oscar pics of yore, Chrissi.

I don't remember this one!  I love it.  Every picture of Heath and Diana Ossana that I've ever seen, she looks very happy to be so close to him.  

Agreed. I remember one photo of the two where she looked at him in a way that I thought she looks like she's melting. And who could blame her?
In the above picture I like that she has her shoes in her hands. It was at the Governor's Ball after the Oscars. I bet she was happy to get rid of those murderous heels.

I DO remember this one, and love it too.  I like all these guys, and love that they hung out and talked.  For anyone who doesn't remember, that's Joaquin Phoenix with his back to the camera.

I also like all of the people in this picture 8).
Even though I hold a small grudge against PSH for getting the Oscar instead of Heath. But it wasn't his decision after all.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8453 on: March 09, 2010, 06:15:16 am »

Sure did! Heath must have regreted it to not have the pin/pick at hand at the Rescue Dawn party. He could have helped out the lady behind him:

Good one, Chrissi.  I'd put you up against any Heath photo scholar!

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #8454 on: March 09, 2010, 06:45:31 am »

Would have spared her the embarassement

And Heath seemingly needed it, too

:laugh: ;D :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
BbM, I swear

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8455 on: March 12, 2010, 04:28:01 am »
This was hard to watch, but I'm glad I did.  Jake being asked about Heath.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyAgJJvDTDk[/youtube]

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8456 on: March 12, 2010, 01:58:05 pm »
This was hard to watch, but I'm glad I did.  Jake being asked about Heath.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyAgJJvDTDk[/youtube]

I know this is being discussed in the JJJ thread too.  I'm so curious about what he says.  I can't really watch this with the volumn on here at work, and I can't watch videos on my computer at home... so could someone transcribe what he says?

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8457 on: March 12, 2010, 02:52:09 pm »
In short: The reporter asked Jake if Heath's presence could be felt at the Kodac theater (assuming he meant that Heath was supposed to present BSA Oscar, because he won BSA Oscar last year). Jake, who seemed uncomfortable when asked about him, responded that...yes, Heath's presence was felt since he was supposed to present. The interviewer who noticed that Jake was uncomfortable apologized for ruining the mood. Jake said it was ok and that it was a nice evening, because Maggie was nominated and normally Heath would be here to present her category, but he's not. That was all.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8458 on: March 12, 2010, 03:00:56 pm »
In short: The reporter asked Jake if Heath's presence could be felt at the Kodac theater (assuming he meant that Heath was supposed to present BSA Oscar, because he won BSA Oscar last year). Jake, who seemed uncomfortable when asked about him, responded that...yes, Heath's presence was felt since he was supposed to present. The interviewer who noticed that Jake was uncomfortable apologized for ruining the mood. Jake said it was ok and that it was a nice evening, because Maggie was nominated and normally Heath would be here to present her category, but he's not. That was all.

Thanks MilAn.  OK, yeah, that is kind of a strange way to bring the topic up.. especially the "feeling his presence" thing.  But, I guess topic-wise it makes some sense since Heath would have normally been a presenter.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8459 on: March 12, 2010, 03:07:00 pm »
Thanks MilAn.  OK, yeah, that is kind of a strange way to bring the topic up.. especially the "feeling his presence" thing.  But, I guess topic-wise it makes some sense since Heath would have normally been a presenter.

You are welcome! I think the question made sense too, since Heath would have been there normally. :)