Author Topic: You & Me and a Dog Named Flea - Fridayblues  (Read 27692 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: You & Me and a Dog Named Flea - Fridayblues
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 11:43:32 am »
I finished Wiser Time today. It's good, again with good OC's. Did you know that the author's mothertongue isn't English?  :o I think that's amazing. I like the writing style.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 12:06:30 pm »
Here is the link to the first chapter of " A wiser tme"

http://fridayblues.livejournal.com/649.html#cutid1

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 12:57:04 pm »
I finished Wiser Time today. It's good, again with good OC's. Did you know that the author's mothertongue isn't English?  :o I think that's amazing. I like the writing style.

I think Mel mentioned that she might be Italian?  I'm amazed that English isn't her native tongue.  I'm also amazed that English isn't your or Mel's native tongue either.  You guys have a better command of the language than a lot of native speakers!   ;)

Here is the link to the first chapter of " A wiser tme"

http://fridayblues.livejournal.com/649.html#cutid1

Thanks for the link ,souxi - you're a doll.

Marie
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 01:02:29 pm by mariez »
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 01:19:54 pm »
I think Mel mentioned that she might be Italian?  I'm amazed that English isn't her native tongue.  I'm also amazed that English isn't your or Mel's native tongue either.  You guys have a better command of the language than a lot of native speakers!   ;)

Thanks Marie! I haven't finished this chapter yet, but you know what's funny, this is the first chapter where I noticed that she is a non-native, there are some traps she falls in that I fall in too when I write. It's hard to explain, it's sentence build up and some of the dialogue. But that doesn't mean that I don't think that she is amazing, obviously, I always love to read stories by non-natives and I am quite impressed with hers!

Oh, BTW I get confused with Brent and Grant (are those the names), I wish she hadn't chosen names that were so similar!

:laugh:

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 06:33:51 pm »
Mel, now that you've mentioned the sentence build-up, etc., I'll probably be watching that more closely! 

Oh, BTW I get confused with Brent and Grant (are those the names), I wish she hadn't chosen names that were so similar!
 :laugh:

That's very funny because I was getting confused at first, too!  And then I figured out this little trick:  Good Grant.  Bad Brent.  LOL!  (Well, okay, maybe Brent's not actually "bad," but I didn't like how he made Ennis feel so insecure!)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 12:57:47 pm »
Chapter 16 is up!  The best one yet, imo - as the author notes, it's "pure Ennis-and-Jack." 

http://fridayblues.livejournal.com/11775.html

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 02:34:42 pm »
Chapter 16 is up!  The best one yet, imo - as the author notes, it's "pure Ennis-and-Jack." 

http://fridayblues.livejournal.com/11775.html

Marie

Isn't is wonderful? I felt like lighting a fire, making hot cocoa and snuggling up on the couch and then read it all over again. Truly a heartwarming chapter.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 02:47:24 pm »
Isn't is wonderful? I felt like lighting a fire, making hot cocoa and snuggling up on the couch and then read it all over again. Truly a heartwarming chapter.

Haven't read it yet, but hot cocoa sounds like a good idea.... Now where's the whipped cream...?

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 04:10:14 pm »

This was a beautiful chapter of sightseeing, fun and frolic, and love.  What more could you want.??

Beautiful mind

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 05:42:29 pm »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie