Author Topic: General Discussion and Recs  (Read 375725 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: General Discussion and Recs
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2009, 12:34:58 pm »
Thank you, Chrissi.  :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2009, 01:04:52 pm »

I've never read this. Since it's still available, I'll give it a try. What genre is it?

Is an AU!AU story

retropian

« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2009, 06:20:42 pm »
   " Looking Back"
       Sienata's newest story.  She is writing with the intent of a future publication.  It is moving along very slowly, but it
has much to tell, with many details.  Its written about the teen years.  Its Ennis in the future at some kind of turning point'
and he is keeping a journal.  Starts with them in hi school...  Very good.  But the chapters are shorter than her usual fare.
       She says she has no idea yet how long it will be.  So if you commit to it.  Be ready for a long long ride.

Cool. I enjoyed BFF tremendously, so I'll definitely check this one out.

retropian

Re: General Discussion and Recs; Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2009, 06:23:03 pm »
I bumped the Shades of Grey thread too, but thought I'd post here as well.This story has been well received and reviewed, and I'd like to read it. I loved Midwest-girls other fic "If I Asked" and thought I'd give this a go. I never got around to it because I guess I was a little uptight about AU/AU. I've since read a few of those and liked them alot. Unfortunately her livejournal account is gone, so I was wondering and hoping someone here may have saved in in a pdf or something and could email it to me.

Thanks. Ian

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2009, 11:48:48 pm »
Ohiomyown (Judy) recomended "Passion of Ennis del Mar" to me, so I´ve spend a couple of days reading through it. Thanks Judy, I enjoyed it.

I was wondering if anybody here is reading IL2Walk´s story "Tenderfoot". I´m thinking about giving it a go, and it would interesting to hear someone elses opinion on it first.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2009, 01:36:31 pm »
Ohiomyown (Judy) recomended "Passion of Ennis del Mar" to me, so I´ve spend a couple of days reading through it. Thanks Judy, I enjoyed it.

I was wondering if anybody here is reading IL2Walk´s story "Tenderfoot". I´m thinking about giving it a go, and it would interesting to hear someone elses opinion on it first.

I don't think I've ever heard of "Passion of Ennis del Mar."  Is it an old fic?  I did recently read "Passion of a Saint." 

I'm reading "Tenderfoot" and I'm really enjoying it.  It's funny and light-hearted and has a kind of madcap quality to it that's very entertaining.  But there's depth to the characters as well, and it's interesting to watch them discover that there is more to each other than what meets the eye. 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2009, 06:46:24 pm »
I don't think I've ever heard of "Passion of Ennis del Mar."  Is it an old fic?  I did recently read "Passion of a Saint." 

I'm reading "Tenderfoot" and I'm really enjoying it.  It's funny and light-hearted and has a kind of madcap quality to it that's very entertaining.  But there's depth to the characters as well, and it's interesting to watch them discover that there is more to each other than what meets the eye. 

You´re right - I screwed up the title. "Passion of a Saint" was the fic I was refering to.

I started on Tenderfoot last night, and read it all. I agree, there is more to the characters than what meets the eye. I like it.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2009, 07:46:43 pm »
You´re right - I screwed up the title. "Passion of a Saint" was the fic I was refering to.

Ah, okay!  But, actually "Passion of Ennis del Mar" would've made a good title for it, too!  LOL.  I enjoyed that as well.  The author was very knowledgable about the subject matter and was able to bring a real authenticity to all the characters.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2009, 06:50:59 pm »
I´m rereading B73´s "Union Pacific". I think it´s my third or fourth time by now.
I´m nearing the ending, and as always I can hardly stand to read anymore.
I love this fic, but it´s just so hard to read at times

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2009, 07:00:42 pm »

I started on Tenderfoot last night, and read it all. I agree, there is more to the characters than what meets the eye. I like it.

I loved Passion of a Saint !!

I was sorry to see it end.

Loving Tenderfoot too.  I want another update NOW !!!!!!!