Author Topic: hi everyone...thought i'd drop a line..  (Read 9014 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: hi everyone...thought i'd drop a line..
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 09:15:30 pm »
Hi Isabelle,

Thanks for the update.  Thyroid issues seem to run in my Mom's side of the family.  Both my Mom and her Sister take medication to regulate their thyroid and my cousin who's still only 27 has already had her thyroid removed.  I haven't had any issues yet, but I'm always having to think about.  For all three of my relatives things have worked out quite well with the right medications.  Once my Mom was diagnosed properly and got the right medication things got much, much better for her very quickly.  So, I'm definitely sending encouraging thoughts your way.  Best wishes Bud.

cheers,
Amanda
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 01:44:26 pm »
Howdy Friend,  :D

Good to hear from you! Don;t be a stranger, stop by from time to time.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 02:14:18 am »
Reanna and Isabelle!!! I get back from a great 10 days in Alberta and find posts from the two of you-could life get any better?!

O0

Heathen

moremojo

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 09:22:25 pm »
It's been a while (almost a year since i've been on)  and I'm really glad to see the forum is thriving...
I am so pleased to come across this post (which I just now did today)...I had kinda thought you might have left Brokeback and BetterMost behind (happens sometimes). So happy to learn you're still keeping the love of this beautiful work of art alive in your heart!

All the best,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:59:56 pm by moremojo »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 12:03:04 pm »
Hey, reanna!  Great to hear from you and know you're busy and still thinking about us.  Every time I go to the Boat House in Central Park, I think about  you and our lunch.  Jenny and John say hi!  :-*

Isabelle, it's nice to see you, too.  I'm glad you're feeling more up to snuff.  Happy birthday! 8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 01:40:15 pm »
How is John, meryl.. I'd love to chat with him online one day if he could manage it.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 07:21:37 pm »
What a fantastic photo Meryl!
 :D

thanks for sharing it Bud!
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 05:44:22 pm »
Hi all...
It's not quite been 4 years since I wrote but it sure feels like it...I am so sorry for dropping out of sight...but I became entangled in my own personal
issues over the latter half of 2007 - I worked as an a.d on a true blue 3 hr bollywood Indian film - which is far more stressful behind the scenes than whats onscreen - there's no singing and dancing in the crews for sure - then there was a personal crisis..i lost a person I loved very much...

..and when I heard about Heath...I heard about it a day after it happened - I was in Singapore - had not been on the net, had not seen any tv or spoken to anyone.. and sitting with a stranger when he dropped it casually in conversation..and I'm sure you can all relate - anyone who loves Brokeback so much
and so admires Heath for his conviction and his sensitivity and his endearing nature and his courage.....I find it hard to talk or write about at all...I still find
it unbelievable, like it could not have actually happened to our hero...it's too heartbreaking...and i always wondered if I feel so much grief
and a sense of loss at this - then what about people who knew him...what must they be going through
...and I knew you all must be writing about him and paying tributes to him.....
I remember when we started posting on Chez Tremblay, I was so grateful that there was finally a place where we could go discuss our most beloved film and our beloved actors...for me it will always be the most special film of my life.

I was not going to see The Dark Knight - I was sure that I would cry throughout the film... and then a friend told me that I ought to - to pay tribute and to see his performance..he's brilliant as usual...

I wanted to tell you guys -  The response to him in India is just as tremendous as it is has been everywhere else- people adore him! When people talk about the film over here, it's the Joker character they speak about the most - everyone is in awe of Heath's talent....and then we are all saddened..

I don't have too much of internet access these days - but I will try to log on more often...

It's good to see the picture of our lunch at the boathouse....reminds me of the simple and sweet vacation I had in NYC two years ago - things
have changed so drastically since then.

I hope everyone is in good health? John?

And Hi Jenny! Hi Kelda! Hi Meryl! Hi Isabelle! Hi Scott!

And hi all fellow brokies...lots of love to all of you...

reanna

I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 06:01:36 pm »
Great to hear from you, reanna! Thanks for coming back. We have a whole forum dedicated to Heath...check it out! Please stay in touch...good to hear your job is growing, and hope the fun part of it does as well!! Stay well and safe!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 06:26:56 pm »
Reanna!! So good to see you & hear what you are up to!

Looking forward to catching up some more.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/