Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941287 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2010, 10:22:57 am »
There has been a lot of talk about dreams because of the recent film Inception. So, I'm reviving this thread! Let's resolve to remember at least one dream we have this week. It's easy to forget your dream unless you review it as soon as you wake up. Even five minutes later, the dream may fade.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2010, 11:07:28 pm »
I rarely remember my dreams, but I have been having a recurring dream recently. In it I find myself walking through my family home where I grew-up as a child. It is always night and there are no lights on in the house. In the dream, I walk throughout the house, from room to room, in the dark, without turning on the lights. I am aware people are asleep in the bedrooms I visit, but I don't disturb their sleep. It's like I'm a ghost, floating through the house. I even visit my own bedroom, which was a verandah, partly built-in, but with the end facing the ocean open to the elements. I recognise it in the dream. ... Had she lived, last Friday would have been Mum's 99th birthday (she was 80 when she died in 1991). I'm wondering if her birthday is bringing about this unusual dream?  

Quite possibly, friend. An article in today's Wall Street Journal says that dreams are the brain's way of sorting through the emotional business of the day. Quite often, I have dreams about homes or structures...various places where I've lived in the past, or metaphorical homes. For instance, a recurring dream has me visiting a three-level structure. It is obviously my past (basement), present (ground floor) and future (top floor). The WSJ article says to "be aware that they (dreams) are highly metaphorical." Your dream indicates that you are open to reconnecting with people from your past and that you are in a very open ended state, willing to commit and reconnect. You are ready for new directions in your life.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2010, 09:10:26 am »
People are raving about the movie Inception but I haven't seen it yet.

I had a significant dream last night...I was in my house, the three-story one I keep telling you about, but every once in a while it would change to a tiny starter home in the suburbs. It was quite crowded, because three families were visiting. The children were all very tiny and you had to be careful not to step on them. There were three men, fathers or older brothers of the children. I don't know where the mothers were...safely ensconced in a back room chatting and drinking coffee, I guess. I was just trying to keep things from devolving into utter chaos. Also I was tidying up because I was afraid someone would trip over something or knock something over. My house was quite a mess, but it seemed to have been caused by others, so it didn't cause me much distress. Except one thing...Christmas lights draped on a potted plant, and lying all over the floor in a corner. I picked those up immediately and put them on the landing to the basement, noticing that there was a pile of dirty wet clothes and dripping water there. Then I also noticed in the middle of the living room a large potted plant with dinner platter sized leaves. It was top heavy and wobbly. I straightened it out, took off some of the leaves, and moved it to the side. I also remember seeing a radio hanging on the wall with some earbuds as though someone enjoyed sitting in the easy chair below it and listening to the radio. It was an old fashioned radio but with some new white ipod earbuds. The last thing was that I noticed all the men had some wounds on their faces. One had a black eye, another a bruise on the neck, and another's face was all black and blue. When they saw my horror, they looked at me sheepishly. Apparently these men all acquired their injuries in separate accidents at their homes. Yeah, sure!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2010, 01:33:48 pm »
Wierd!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2010, 10:12:43 am »
Yes, I have been scratching my head at this one. I'm thinking the banged-up men have something to do with the lumps I've taken, both literally and figuratively. ANd the children are the opposite, the little delights in my life, the moments of happiness or the blessings that I have received. My life is obviously a mess, as can be determined easily from the dream. But what fascinates me is the radio, I can't figure that one out. Even while I was dreaming, I kept looking at it and going over to it, examining it, to try to figure out why it was there and who it belonged to. Quite possibly it was a dream message from Eric!! Eric, what were you doing in my dream?

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2010, 04:06:09 pm »
That is a weird dream Lee!!! I know I have some really bizarre ones myself.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2010, 10:33:36 am »
Do tell, friend! We're all ears, er, eyes!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2010, 10:22:04 pm »
...There were three men, fathers or older brothers of the children. I don't know where the mothers were...safely ensconced in a back room chatting and drinking coffee, I guess. I was just trying to keep things from devolving into utter chaos. Also I was tidying up because I was afraid someone would trip over something or knock something over. ...I also remember seeing a radio hanging on the wall with some earbuds as though someone enjoyed sitting in the easy chair below it and listening to the radio. It was an old fashioned radio but with some new white ipod earbuds. The last thing was that I noticed all the men had some wounds on their faces. One had a black eye, another a bruise on the neck, and another's face was all black and blue. When they saw my horror, they looked at me sheepishly. ...

I can't believe I had this dream just the day before (?) Rich had his accident...  :'(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2010, 04:27:40 am »
 :-\
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2010, 07:12:10 pm »
There are a lot of triads in my dreams, three men, three floors to the house, etc. A friend who had a Celtic tattoo explained that three is the perfect number, representing all aspects of something, such as the heighth, width, and depth. That's why you see so many triangles in Celtic art.

There is a lot of triangle imagery in Brokeback Mountain, starting with the mountain itself.

Some people interpret the story as taking place all in a flashback, or in a dream that Ennis had when Jack appeared to him.