Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941580 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2014, 09:39:22 pm »
The last dream I can remember was me running around, warning people of an insane, machete wielding woman.

No one would pay attention to me, so I ran to warn others, those who didn't listen were met but the machete wielding woman, who hacked them up.  I didn't see that part, but heard the screams.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:57 pm »
To give an idea about the importance of little things in dreams, I used to have a recurring dream where I was at a Bates Motel-like resort where I was to show Brokeback Mountain to an audience in a theater. I was trying to start the movie on a huge TV set rather than a screen, and I had to have a remote control because I couldn't reach the dials. I went back to my motel room to get the remote. I was driving a white Honda and it was pouring down rain. I got the remote and started back to the theater but got stuck on a bridge. There was a large white drainpipe under the bridge. The bridge was partly washed out and I was high centered in my rental car. I opened the door and looked down and I could see water rushing under the bridge through the broken wood slats. I was able to leave the car and walk to safety and up to the theater. Then I woke up. But, something bothered me....did I put the remote in my pocket when I left the car, or did I leave it on the seat?

I ended up going back and redreaming, and I found out that, yes, I did take the remote with me. I'll post again soon and explain why this was so important.

What does a remote do? It powers controls the TV set. When you went back to the motel room to get the remote, you were returning to a place and/or time when you had power, or authority control over your own life. By taking the remote with you, you were regaining your power control--my guess would be power control over your own life. Getting stuck probably has something to do with how long it's taking to sell the house, and you can't move on forward with your life until it's sold.

These are my guesses, anyway.

ETA: Note the edits (strike-throughs, italics). After a night's sleep, control seemed to be a better word to express my meaning than power. A remote controls the TV.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:19:40 am by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2014, 10:57:08 pm »
The last dream I can remember was me running around, warning people of an insane, machete wielding woman.

Anybody we know?  ;D

No one would pay attention to me, so I ran to warn others, those who didn't listen were met but the machete wielding woman, who hacked them up.  I didn't see that part, but heard the screams.

I think your dream just means ... you've watched too many episodes of The Walking Dead.  ;D  :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2014, 03:58:52 am »
Here's a quote from an interesting book titled The Dream Game, by Anne Faraday, Ph.D. "For [Jung] the snake was just such an "archetypal" symbol, expressing man's deepest awareness of the life-energy of nature, of which sex could be seen as one aspect, temptation another, and healing another, while the most profound of all would be the ancient symbol of the snake swallowing its tail, the Ouroboros, which expresses the way the life force in nature feeds on itself and renews itself eternally."
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2014, 09:21:00 am »
Didn't the snake bring messages from the Goddess to her priestesses?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2014, 10:08:02 am »
Yes, Jeff, that is another possible explanation. In fact, luvly's snake seems to be sending signals by doubling up its body. The man and the pawnbroker missed the whole meaning of the creature and were put off by it, but you saw its true meaning and value.

I was thinking about the significance of the wedding last night. Since it was between two people who you didn't know, the wedding could be about some ideas or projects that are starting. Weddings mean many things--ideas coming together, new starts, holiness, ritual, promises. Do any of these resonate with you, Marie?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2014, 10:16:07 am »
What does a remote do? It powers controls the TV set. When you went back to the motel room to get the remote, you were returning to a place and/or time when you had power, or authority control over your own life. By taking the remote with you, you were regaining your power control--my guess would be power control over your own life. Getting stuck probably has something to do with how long it's taking to sell the house, and you can't move on forward with your life until it's sold.

Jeff, this is a very astute interpretation. I am very impressed! Especially about the remote! Also, about being stuck, that would explain why I've been thinking about that dream lately, even though I first dreamed it in late 2007. The dream has helped me through some difficult experiences since then, and it is newly relevant.

After mulling over the "Bates Motel" dream for a week or so, I had an epiphany. I saw the white Honda, the big drainpipe and the remote standing in for three of my closest friends. At the time, I was about to enter into a home purchase with Rodney. He wanted to purchase a home in Denver but wasn't able to get a mortgage, so I bought the home with him. I was secretly afraid that it would lead to problems, which it did. The big drainpipe represented EDelMar, upon which Rodney would get stuck, but I managed to extricate myself. The remote? It represented a dear friend who is truly remote, off in faraway Boston, Peter, who provided good advice and a 30,000 ft view of the situation.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2014, 11:10:28 am »
Yes, Jeff, that is another possible explanation. In fact, luvly's snake seems to be sending signals by doubling up its body. The man and the pawnbroker missed the whole meaning of the creature and were put off by it, but you saw its true meaning and value.

Thank you, but I won't claim credit for being that clever about the snake. I just thought I remembered reading that about snakes in Mary Renault.

Jeff, this is a very astute interpretation. I am very impressed! Especially about the remote!

Thank you. Clearly, it took a while, and then there was the word-finding difficulty (power vs. control). Seemed more relevant to what I know of your life at this time than a more Freudian interpretation, would probably would want to see the remote as a penis.  :P

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2014, 04:49:14 pm »
Anybody we know?  ;D

I didn't recognize her.   :laugh:

I think your dream just means ... you've watched too many episodes of The Walking Dead.  ;D  :-*

That show hasn't been on since March 30th, and I'm not watching reruns.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2014, 07:15:41 pm »
One last thing about snakes...because they shed their skin as they grow, snakes are symbols of renewal and resurrection. Snakes have acquired many properties, both good and bad, over the centuries.

Chuck, in your dream about the insane, machete wielding woman, it sounds very much like Kali, goddess of destruction.