Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941445 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2014, 09:17:25 pm »
My daughter, who has had many health problems in the past, is graduating from college this Saturday and that signifies a fresh start.  I seem to be moving ahead at my work, and everyone I know is progressing.  Perhaps I'm moving toward that light at the end of the tunnel.  I hope so, anyway.

So good to read this!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #211 on: June 25, 2014, 02:06:21 pm »
I had a long complex dream the other night but the only thing I can remember clearly from it is that someone handed me several tubes of Tom's of Maine lip balm, which I accepted. How strange! I dare anyone to interpret this one!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2014, 02:11:49 pm »
Last night I dreamt that I was going back to work at the job I lost 13 years ago.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2014, 05:31:54 pm »
How funny Jeff, as I just had a dream that I was going back to a teller position.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2014, 09:44:04 am »
Well! The past few days--or nights--have been humdingers for odd dreams!

The first night I slept at my dad's house for the holiday weekend, I saw my mother in a dream. In the first place, I very rarely dream about my mother, but the really odd thing about this dream, is that when I do dream about her, I usually don't see her face. She often has her back to me, and I hear her voice, but I don't see her face. What was so odd about this most recent dream is that for a change, I did see her face.

I opened my eyes, and I was conscious of being in bed in the room at my dad's house where I sleep, and Mother was standing there looking down at me. I couldn't make out if she was wearing a housecoat, or if she was wearing the suit we buried her in, but she was standing there looking down at me. She didn't say anything, just looked down at me. I closed my eyes, and she was gone.

Then, just last night, I saw four different classmates from high school. I have no idea why. I haven't seen any of them since graduation--in 1976 :o --and they were not people I was close to in school. But I saw them in a dream last night.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2014, 12:00:36 pm »
Hi, Jeff, welcome back! We missed you!

I feel that you have summoned the spirit of your Mom and want to get some kind of answer or advice from her but are not quite ready to hear it yet. Your desire, however, is very strong and you will continue on this nocturnal quest until your mother speaks to you or you find the answer you are looking for. The time period you are looking in is around graduation, your college years and the start of your career. Something happened around that time and perhaps something remains unresolved so in your dreams you are going back to review that time period. Maybe you are mulling over a career change or other change in the direction of your life.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #216 on: July 07, 2014, 12:20:37 pm »
Hi, Jeff, welcome back! We missed you!

I feel that you have summoned the spirit of your Mom and want to get some kind of answer or advice from her but are not quite ready to hear it yet. Your desire, however, is very strong and you will continue on this nocturnal quest until your mother speaks to you or you find the answer you are looking for. The time period you are looking in is around graduation, your college years and the start of your career. Something happened around that time and perhaps something remains unresolved so in your dreams you are going back to review that time period. Maybe you are mulling over a career change or other change in the direction of your life.

So you feel the dreams are connected? That's interesting--I hadn't thought of that possibility. Thanks!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2014, 12:26:00 pm »
Certainly they're connected by a common theme: revisiting your past. The fact that you knew you were sleeping and where you were in your dream where you saw your mother's face shows you are developing your lucid dreaming skills and having more of a say in what you will dream. Also, that you were able to look into your mother's face and recognize her shows that you are getting closer to the information you are looking for. Your mother is a metaphor for your deepest, truest self, the self that you had within you as you were just starting out in your adult life, and which abides in you still.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2014, 01:36:42 pm »
Well, you may be right. I'm more inclined to believe she came for me, as my grandmother and my uncle once came for my father, and then changed her mind and decided it's not yet time for me to die, probably because I need to look after my dad.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2014, 02:41:11 pm »
I've heard of this belief before, in fact, my mother says she often dreams that her first husband, my father, is coming to get her and usher her to heaven. It is very comforting to know that our loved ones are watching out for us and are able to guide us along a scary path safely. Or, it could be kind of creepy. The way you describe your mother looking down on you in the bed without speaking seems a little ominous to me, but it might be reassuring. I haven't ever had such a dream that I can recall.