Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941588 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #340 on: April 07, 2015, 08:13:08 pm »
...I have to say, I like the idea of you having such a good time you're tossing glasses around.

Now that you mention it, I like that idea too! My mom probably heard the rehab staff chatting and talking in the hall and the clink of glasses being collected (or maybe broken) and just assumed it was me, since she's so dependent on me these days!

I went to her apartment today to get mail, etc., and I brought the grape juice home to my house. Not sure what I'll do with it. It would probably take me a month to drink the whole bottle (I don't go in for juice much, I prefer eating the fruit). But I feel better having it here.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #341 on: April 15, 2015, 10:33:45 pm »
Yester eve had its highs and lows in the dream realm. First I had a terrible dream where I was in a small plane and apparently had hired the governor of my state, John Hickenlooper, to do some kind of landscaping that needed to be done at altitude. We were in a small plane, piloted by my mother, LOL, and he stepped out onto a small mast and then launched himself into thin air! No parachute or nothing. I was watching from the open double doors, hanging on for dear life from a gate, and avoided talking to him or crying out for fear that if I acknowledged his daredevil action, I would be sucked into it too. As he fell out of sight, I went back to the cockpit and debated what to say to my mom. Anything upsetting, and she might tip the plane into an unstable trajectory...I woke up with my heart pounding

Then, in the early morning, I fell back asleep and had an interesting dream. I was in the process of moving my mom into a new housing situation. Instead of the retirement home she is living in, in my dream she was living in a beach cottage, so I had to clean it out and also dispose of a couple of boats. In the process, I ran into an old boyfriend, Claudio, a Brazilian guy, who was passing through. Strangely, he had not aged at all. He looked the same as when I met him over 40 years ago! Chiseled features, a strong tan, and steely eyes, wiry physique. We decided to renew our relationship. He went to get his stuff and I was sitting in the parking lot in front of the hostel I was staying at. All of a sudden a bus pulls up and who gets out? Brad, a guy I had dated in college. He was from Mennonite parents and had wonderful gossamer blond hair, with a slight greenish tinge as if he swam a lot. He saw me and we locked eyes. He came out and we talked awkwardly. He said he was on a 3-day holiday. I replied how happy I was to see him and could I spend the weekend with him? He went to obtain a room and I went outside and looked at the seashore. Then I came back inside, not knowing who I would see first and be with. It turned out to be Claudio. At the end of my dream, I was walking with him to the beach, skipping and jumping in anticipation of the happiness and ecstasy which I knew I would be shortly experiencing! I was wearing my hippy clothes and my body was back to its twenty-something shape. I woke up refreshed, happy and feeling fabulous!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #342 on: April 16, 2015, 08:47:08 am »
wow Lee, that second dream is great!!! Love it!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2015, 12:01:45 pm »
Rushing here to write down my dream before I forget it! I dreamed my daughter was going to be on some detective reality show and I was in charge of making up some props. I had some small metal props that I made (a bit like darts but sculpted in a semi-human shape, with wings) and I put them all into a transparent plastic bag on which I'd drawn a beautiful dragonfly in green and blue oil crayons. Another item was a large-ish wooden box into which I placed wet towels and fabrics that I sculpted into fantastic caves, grottos,  mountains and valleys. But then I decided it needed more water so I sprinkled it with a watering can whereupon everything collapsed in a lump. I wasn't discouraged by this but seemed convinced that I would make an even better landscape once the fabrics dried out a bit. I think the camera was supposed to zoom in on the landscape and have my daughter and her sidekick exploring it via a green screen.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #344 on: May 07, 2015, 01:44:21 pm »
Well, I sure had a crazy one last night, for the night following my birthday.

I was young again--or yet--in my twenties, I'd say. My mother was still living, and my parents had moved me to Seattle (!)--I'm positive it was Seattle!  :o  I don't know why I was moving there. I had an apartment in an older building, and all the rooms opened onto one hallway. I was having trouble getting my electronics to work, specifically, my television set and my clock radio. Then the apartment was sort-of invaded by a group of my new neighbors, also young people, who started doing things to help me get settled in. They seemed to be led by a young woman who had dark, curly hair, pale skin, and very red lips (sort of vampirish, actually). She promised to come back the next morning to help me get the TV to work. Another young woman was making some sort of wooden curtain rod, which was to be used to close off the kitchen from the rest of the apartment.

Next we all went out to get something to eat. It seemed to be spring, but the weather was still cold enough that we needed to wear winter coats. The scene shifted to a kind of greasy spoon/diner sort of place, with a counter on the wall to the right, and tables along the wall to the left. I remember speaking to the curly-haired leader, wondering why I had not thought to buy a "Street-Wise" brand map of Seattle before moving there.

Then we were at some sort of election, like a home-owners' association election, or something--and the it appeared that the winner was a tall, slim young woman with very red hair--kind of Lucille Ball red hair.

That's about all I can remember.

I can venture a few thoughts of my own on where some of this came from, but not all. Where Seattle, and the young women, came from, I have no idea. The age cohort may have come from the fact that I had dinner last night with a newish friend, who is a very cute, very bright, very articulate twenty-something puppy who is working on a master's degree in history. Possibly the election is related in some way to our coming primary election here in Pennsylvania; this is mayoral election year here in Philadelphia, and the city is so overwhelmingly Democratic that whoever wins the Democratic primary this month is practically guaranteed to be elected mayor in November. Another factor in the "election" may have been a dissatisfied feeling that our condo association has dragged their collective feet over the new windows for the building and other maintenance issues. But that's about all I can guess about.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2015, 08:57:25 am »
I've recently had 3 nights of back to back odd dreams.

The first I was a prospector back in the days of  the gold rush.  I found no gold, but a bag full of magical charms, the types you would see on a charm bracelet.

Rather than keep them to myself, I began to give them out, and  the more I gave out, the richer I got financially.

The  second dream I was teamed up in a small group of people, and we were supposed to save the world.  it wasn't like an earthquake or natural disaster movie, more like a brain teaser....we had to figure out  a way into a sacred temple and then  solve puzzles, which would stop the end from coming.

The  last dream was the weirdest.  I was traveling through Europe with the 5 actresses from The Facts of Life.

::)

We stopped at a roadside store selling handmade gifts, and they all wanted me to buy things that had hearts and love symbols on them.   I kept gravitating towards this car carved  out of wood, that had a lone driver in it, and every time I picked it up, I head the song "Dust In The Wind".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2015, 02:11:13 pm »
The  last dream was the weirdest.  I was traveling through Europe with the 5 actresses from The Facts of Life.

::)

Easy enough to understand why they were on your mind.  8)

Does that make you George Clooney?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2015, 06:39:00 pm »
Easy enough to understand why they were on your mind.  8)

Does that make you George Clooney?  ;D

You mean other than the fact I've been watching the reruns on Logo?  LOL  Oh, and no, I wasn't George, but I wish he had been in the dream.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2015, 08:17:01 pm »
You mean other than the fact I've been watching the reruns on Logo?  LOL  Oh, and no, I wasn't George, but I wish he had been in the dream.

Well, you just posted the actresses' picture "someplace else." And, notice I didn't ask if that made you Charlotte Rae?  ;D  :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2015, 11:25:05 pm »
I love dreams with magical charms, almost as much as I love finding real magical charms. EDelMar and I were hiking in the backwoods of Colorado when we found some shiny metal objects. I picked one up and it was a little heart with some filigree engraving. He asked me where I had seen that before, and it turns out it is on the border of the Statue of Liberty's flame. I put it in my jeans pocket and later, at home, I added it to my little altar of magical things.