Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941545 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #410 on: December 08, 2015, 04:45:26 pm »
I hope she doesn't either.  LOL

I was on the phone relating the dreams to my mom, and I said to mom, rather loudly in case Susan was near,  "I don't know what she wants, but Susan better start leaving me alone when I sleep."  LOL

:laugh:

If she tries to lead you into the light, don't go!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #411 on: December 08, 2015, 07:30:22 pm »
Go to the light!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #412 on: December 08, 2015, 07:45:00 pm »
Maybe this is a zombie inside joke that I don't know about, but in Tibetan Buddhism, you learn when you're in the bardo (the place between life and death) that you don't go towards the light because if you do, you'll come out in an operating room and somebody will smack you on your butt to get you to start breathing and you'll be stuck on the wheel of life again when you could have been in eternal bliss!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #413 on: December 08, 2015, 08:16:22 pm »
Maybe this is a zombie inside joke that I don't know about, but in Tibetan Buddhism, you learn when you're in the bardo (the place between life and death) that you don't go towards the light because if you do, you'll come out in an operating room and somebody will smack you on your butt to get you to start breathing and you'll be stuck on the wheel of life again when you could have been in eternal bliss!

I don't know why that would be a zombie joke. To me it sounds like a joke about the belief in reincarnation.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #414 on: December 09, 2015, 09:46:09 am »
I agree,  more for reincarnation than zombification.

;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #415 on: January 02, 2016, 12:41:24 pm »
OMG, I had the craziest--craziest--dream last night. It had no coherent "plot," and it raced from scene to scene. All sorts of people showed up, from a childhood next-door neighbor to George W. and Laura Bush (George and Laura Bush?  ???  :o). There was a character I was sure was a hustler, and the childhood next-door neighbor assured me that he had given a motivational speech that helped her decide what sort of law she wanted to practice (as far as I know, this person, whom I have not seen in probably close to 30 years, is not a lawyer). Then there was a house cat that was actually a miniature tiger. And on and on it went, like some sort of drug trip.  ???

I think I know where "the hustler" came from. Last night I was sitting at a table with my drinkin' buddy Phil, and we were watching these two characters sitting at the bar. One was clearly much older than the other. The younger one, with shaggy hair, and a mustache and goatee, for some reason just made me think he looked like a hustler. Phil, who is a bartender and the head waiter in the dining room, insisted that he wasn't a hustler, that he was a "regular" and had never caused trouble, but he still looked like a hustler to me--looked and the way he was all over the older guy like a fly on dog shit.  ::) Those two left together.  ::) So that's where I think the hustler in my dream came from. The Bushes and the next-door neighbor, however, I have no clue where they came from.

The miniature tiger might be Phil's cat, who has a reputation for fearlessness but yesterday was badly frightened by a contingent of Mummers.  :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #416 on: January 03, 2016, 07:26:03 pm »
Sounds like your brain cells were all firing randomly!

Was your mother in the dream? Did you go for a car trip where you were driven by a former teacher?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #417 on: January 03, 2016, 07:36:31 pm »
Was your mother in the dream? Did you go for a car trip where you were driven by a former teacher?

No, and no.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2016, 10:26:35 am »
wow,  that is some dream, all those tangents tied together.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #419 on: May 21, 2016, 11:07:25 am »
My dreams have had a common theme lately. I'm involved in some big project and it's not going very well. Last night, I was making a cake. A big humongous celebratory cake, and I was layering on icing with a spatula, giving it an impressionistic effect. Then, a friend of mine came in and was going to transport the cake to its destination. I left and went into a big building which seemed to be only half built. As I was traversing the scaffolding, I heard a cry from the street below and just had a feeling that the cake was lying in the street. I was trying to decide if I should go look at it or not when I woke up.