Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941303 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2016, 10:24:01 am »
Last night, another of my many house-oriented dreams materialized. I was back splitting up with my ex and selling the large house that we raised our kids in. My boyfriend R. talked me in to moving in to another large house but this time we would share it with another couple. I went to the house which was open for the day and many people were walking through it. I met the other couple, the woman seemed to be deaf and didn't speak but waved her hands around and smiled; she was pretty and amenable. The man was garrulous and sociable and had a rather loud voice but I liked him. R. wasn't there yet. I broke away to tour the house. I could tell you all the details, there were so many rooms and most of them did not have doors, even the bedrooms. There were quite a few staircases going here and there.

When I woke up I came to the conclusion that the dream means I actually have too many people in my life right now and I am in need of some seclusion. Fat chance of that happening any time soon, though.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #461 on: October 30, 2016, 10:39:55 am »
I hope you get the seclusion you need, if only for a weekend!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #462 on: October 31, 2016, 12:32:17 pm »
Thanks, Chuck. I did have a nice Sunday afternoon and evening to myself and it was quite therapeutic. More of the same today until I go to R.'s house to help him hand out candy.

Having a dream like that affects me for days. I was mulling over it last night and the disturbing thing was that, at the front of the house, it wasn't designed/built very well. I was up on the 3rd floor and wanting to go downstairs via the front staircase. I went to the front and it seemed like the builders had finished up badly, because you could look down through a crack between the floor and the front wall, the facade, and see the front staircase going from the 2nd to the ground floor, but you couldn't get to it from the 3rd floor. I briefly considered jumping but then realized that there were 2 other staircases, one in the middle of the building and one on the side, that worked. Also, there was a crack between the ceiling of the 3rd floor and the facade, so you could look up and see the roof exterior. Thinking back on it, I realize that there are cracks in MY facade, that I'm unable to reconcile my exterior self with my interior self. What could be clearer? sigh. . .

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #463 on: October 31, 2016, 01:00:12 pm »
I hate when a dream can affect your/my mood for days to come.  If dreams are on the average only a few seconds long, the after effects should be the same!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #464 on: November 01, 2016, 10:41:51 am »
Fortunately after I figured out the dream's meaning it loosened its hold on me. It's actually good that dreams give us a wake-up call when needed but it can be uncomfortable sometimes.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #465 on: November 01, 2016, 01:44:04 pm »
I had a dozy of a dream las  night.  I don't think I'll post it, but it was beyond anything I've ever dreamed before.   LOL                                                                               

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #466 on: November 01, 2016, 01:52:14 pm »
I had a dozy of a dream las  night.  I don't think I'll post it, but it was beyond anything I've ever dreamed before.   LOL                                                                               

Oh, come on. You can't write something like that and then not tell us about it. We'll think the worst.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #467 on: November 18, 2016, 08:08:49 pm »
C'mon Chuck! We're waiting patiently here!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #468 on: November 19, 2016, 12:10:15 pm »
C'mon Chuck! We're waiting patiently here!

(Taps foot.) Or impatiently in some cases.  ;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #469 on: November 19, 2016, 01:05:04 pm »
So, while we're waiting, I'll throw out my latest dream. I had a serious talk with myself, telling myself that I was tired of these interminable dreams about a house of some sort or other. I think I've gained enough insight from house dreams. So, my self seemed to be listening because I had a different dream two nights ago. I dreamed there was an Uber/Lyft service using planes, so I booked a plane to fly to another city. The plane arrived to pick me up and it was one of those open-air biplanes like Snoopy flies! The pilot was a dark-haired man in a red parka with a hood, so I couldn't tell much about him except that he had a nice smile. I got in and we took off and everything was fine until we got to my destination. We were flying in low and there was a stone city wall with steps going up to an archway. I realized we were going to have to go through this arch and it would be a tight fit. Also, there was a crowd going up the steps through the arch so we had to slow way down to avoid crashing in to their backs. We were basically on the ground and rolling up the steps and the pilot put out his hand against the wall to steady the plane. I realized that we were also out of gas! But it looked like we would make it, but just barely.