Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941486 times)

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #470 on: November 19, 2016, 06:42:41 pm »
Here are my dreams come to life! Escape rooms, where you have to work puzzles and follow clues to get out. How fun!! Brings out the Sherlock in me!
https://303magazine.com/2016/10/guide-escape-rooms-denver/
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #471 on: November 21, 2016, 09:30:41 am »
Oh my goodness!

I forgot I had put that there!   I'll try to post today, after work.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #472 on: November 27, 2016, 11:02:06 pm »
OK, in the night between this past Wednesday and Thursday, I had a dream that was very upsetting. I dreamed that my dad had died in his sleep.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #473 on: November 28, 2016, 02:02:04 am »
That must have been very upsetting!  :'( Did you wake immediately or did other things happen in the dream after that?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #474 on: November 28, 2016, 12:25:10 pm »
That must have been very upsetting!  :'( Did you wake immediately or did other things happen in the dream after that?

I think I woke up pretty quickly "after I found the body." I really don't remember.

Of course, even figuratively speaking, this really is my "worst nightmare." And yet, when the time comes, I'd rather my dad pass off peacefully in his own bed instead of in a hospital--although, in fact, some of the cardiac care rooms at Lancaster General Hospital are really quite nice.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #475 on: November 29, 2016, 03:14:07 pm »
OK, in the night between this past Wednesday and Thursday, I had a dream that was very upsetting. I dreamed that my dad had died in his sleep.  :(

I hate dreams like that.  I have to have a "change of venue" before I go back to sleep, or I'll be back in the dream.

I need to leave the bed and go to the couch, and watch maybe 15 minutes of TV, to get the dream to cycle out of my mind.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #476 on: November 29, 2016, 03:18:30 pm »
I had a dozy of a dream las  night.  I don't think I'll post it, but it was beyond anything I've ever dreamed before.   LOL

Well, some time has passed, so it's not as sharp as it was.......but I dreamed I was getting married to a woman.

Mom was not happy with this choice, so she decided to act out by getting drunk.  At that point my new mother-in-law called out my mom,  mom went off on  people, my new bride was then fighting with me.  If it could go wrong, it did.

We didn't even make it through the reception, she went her way and I went mine.

The dream ended with  us meeting years later...she had a great husband, and I had  a great bear of a man to hug on to.  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #477 on: November 29, 2016, 04:02:01 pm »
Well, some time has passed, so it's not as sharp as it was.......but I dreamed I was getting married to a woman.

Mom was not happy with this choice, so she decided to act out by getting drunk.  At that point my new mother-in-law called out my mom,  mom went off on  people, my new bride was then fighting with me.  If it could go wrong, it did.

We didn't even make it through the reception, she went her way and I went mine.

Sounds like the plot of a Melissa McCarthy movie.  ;)

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #478 on: December 21, 2016, 12:55:17 pm »
Last night my dream was about the actual house I live in. I don't remember ever dreaming about it before. There is a "spare room" in the corner, actually a second bedroom but too small really to put a bed in. So, I use it mainly for storage and it gets a lot of use this time of year. I dreamed that some people came in and cleared out all of the stuff and put in their own stuff, making it a sort of hobby/art space. I was livid at first and went all over (here the house became the size of a middle school) to find the perpetrators, who I found in a gym, but they were too busy so I didn't get to talk to them. And, after wandering around I found all my stuff neatly boxed and labeled in a closet. I wandered around some more, feeling lost and angry until I suddenly realized I didn't feel so much angry as curious about the projects going on in the remodeled room. But, I fought against it in my head and made a big show of being put out, and talked of charging the perpetrators more rent.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #479 on: January 07, 2017, 10:54:26 pm »
A couple of nights ago I dreamed that my dad and I were back living in the house where I grew up, except that we were getting ready to move to the house where my grandparents lived when I was a child. I was standing in my old bedroom, and I heard a noise that sounded like a gunshot. I looked out the window toward the backyards of the houses on the nest street over that faced our backyard. I saw a man who looked like some sort of Asian criminal from a TV show, and he was dragging another person--couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman--up the alley between the backyards.

I remember that a night or two before this dream, I had a dream that my mother was in, but, of course, I didn't write it down and forgot to post about it, so now I don't remember what was happening in it, only that my mother was in it. My dad was, too.