Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941924 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #490 on: February 02, 2017, 01:06:02 pm »
Oh, I hate dreams like that.  You're busy walking around, and wake before you find it.

Not coooool.

I don't even know what I was shopping for!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #491 on: February 02, 2017, 02:10:52 pm »
My dad dropped me off at our Center City Macy's (the original John Wanamaker Department Store), and I entered through a door where there isn't actually a door in the building. I found myself in a room with lots of shelves full of shoes, and the shoes were all mixed and mingled, not in proper pairs, as if there had been a sale in a discount shoe store. I turned around, and I saw a check-out counter that was attended by a woman who had been a neighbor when I was growing up. I walked deeper into the store, looking for the men's department, and I couldn't find it. It seemed as though the whole interior of the store had been redone, and nothing was where it used to be. I saw a new department where one went to order custom-made suits. Finally I turned around and I saw a wide staircase leading downstairs, and there was a large sign with a giant finger pointing down the stairs, and the sign read "Men's Department." I had found it, although it seems I woke up before I actually went downstairs.

I have these dreams all the time, but not lately. In fact, I used to argue with my husband because I maintained that you have to go down to the ground floor before you can get up to the 3rd floor where I wanted to go, but he insisted that you don't have to, you can get to the 3rd floor from the 2nd floor. So, let's "unpack" your dream. First of all, your dad did drop you off at the department store of life when you became a man. Life is messy and disorganized and people do not pair up the way they should. Maybe when you sleep again, you will go down the stairs and explore what's in the Men's Department. If you do, I'm sure you'll discover valuable things about yourself and what it means to you to be a man. Be sure to note all the things you see and report on them here!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #492 on: February 02, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »
We'll see what happens.

Thanks!

I guess life can be like a messy shelf of unpaired shoes.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #493 on: February 03, 2017, 11:44:28 am »
I don't even know what I was shopping for!  :laugh:

Had the dream continued, you may had found it.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #494 on: February 04, 2017, 01:12:56 pm »
So, did you continue with your dream, yet, Jeff? Did'ja, did'ja? I'm excited to hear about the next chapter!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #495 on: February 04, 2017, 01:23:57 pm »
So, did you continue with your dream, yet, Jeff? Did'ja, did'ja? I'm excited to hear about the next chapter!!

No, I didn't. I don't know how to "force" myself to resume a dream.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #496 on: February 04, 2017, 03:07:26 pm »
Lucid dreaming is the practice of suggesting to your brain what you want to dream about and being aware, during the dream and afterwards. Wikipedia says, "A lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware of dreaming. During lucid dreaming, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #497 on: February 05, 2017, 07:50:44 pm »
I've tried that a few  times, it hasn't worked for me yet.   I can tell I'm dreaming, and if it becomes a nightmare I can force myself awake.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #498 on: February 07, 2017, 02:27:27 pm »
Last night I had not one but two dreams about being at a school. School dreams are tedious for me and even while I'm dreaming I say to myself, "Not again!"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #499 on: February 07, 2017, 04:31:55 pm »
Coincidence? I have two school dreams on the day they introduce a bill to abolish the Dept of Education.