Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941352 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #510 on: March 09, 2017, 10:22:36 am »
that could be.  I remember thinking I was spilling a big secret, and mom told me she knew I was gay by the time I was 8.  :laugh:

Mothers usually do know. Or so I've heard.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #511 on: March 09, 2017, 08:37:36 pm »
well, my mom sure did!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #512 on: March 16, 2017, 12:44:19 pm »
"My best night's sleep happens when I can't tell where I end and the bed begins." (Someone posted this today.)

Another house dream last night. The house I was moving into was rather crowded because there were about a dozen people helping me move in. It was a fabulous house and was all furnished already. I remember one room had a high ceiling and floor to ceiling windows on one wall and around a corner. When you dimmed the lights you could see out the window to a sunken area with a lovely pool and statuary but the main spotlight was all sorts of wild animals peacefully gathering and drinking from the pool, their eyes glittering in the moonlight. We would gather here, sip wine and watch, exclaiming over the sights with hushed voices.

I also noticed that the house gave onto a high-end shopping mall through double doors that always seemed to be open. I took a wrong turn one day and ended up in the mall with my bathrobe on.  :laugh: There were several well appointed bedrooms but each one seemed to be occupied and I began to be a little nervous. I went into the kitchen, the basement, the dining room. . .all beautiful and interesting and colorful. There was one octagonal room that was a step up from the others and was decorated in a sort of "Day of the Dead" style. There was a bed in the middle of the room, so I went towards it to claim it. There were a pen and paper on top of the bed and some other things that I removed and then discovered that it was an intricately carved wooden coffin and that this was a room for displaying the remains of a dead person. There was a skeleton sitting in a chair wearing a sombrero. I found it to be slightly creepy but very clever, and then I went on to try to find a room for myself. I was sure there was a perfect room for me somewhere in that house and was determined to find it!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #513 on: March 16, 2017, 05:44:06 pm »
did you find the room?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #514 on: March 16, 2017, 11:14:10 pm »
No, not yet, but I'm just sure it's there, somewhere! Besides, that would take all the fun out of it, finding the room.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #515 on: March 17, 2017, 09:33:03 am »
I guess I had a really strange one last night, so strange that this time it stuck with me.

I was supposed to appear in a television commercial!  :laugh:  The commercial was to be filmed on the main campus of Temple University, where I worked from 1990 to 1998. I was something like three hours late for the appointment.  :o  I was wearing a dress shirt and tie, and a nice gray tweed jacket. I needed to take the subway to get where I needed to, and I had to buy more tokens in order to ride the train. There was a new sales location near my home, and it was laid out very strangely, so I had a difficult time finding the sales counter. The clerk was one of the front desk attendants from my building, and he gave me two large packages of tokens but only charged a couple of dollars, which seemed very strange to me, so strange that I asked if he was sure that was correct. I was also concerned because the new tokens were considerably smaller than the older tokens I had in my coin purse, more the size of a dime than the size of a quarter.

I don't remember taking the subway, but then I remember being at my destination. I apologized profusely for my lateness to a young woman who seemed to be in charge of things--she was carrying a clipboard that made her look very official. She showed me into a small room with a chair that reminded me of a barber shop chair, and she told me to wait.

That was the last I remember.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #516 on: March 17, 2017, 02:30:49 pm »
Very interesting dream, friend Jeff, and one which bears many touchstones of your previous dreams and musings. But, no mother or other muse. Or, do you think the young woman with the clipboard may have been one?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #517 on: March 18, 2017, 03:20:05 pm »
interesting dream.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #518 on: March 19, 2017, 02:05:51 pm »
Last night I also had a dream that involved a university! I dreamed I was getting on a plane with R. to go to a university town where he was set to give a gardening lecture. At the last minute, I asked the steward to stop the plane from taxiing and let me off because I actually didn't have a ticket and wasn't scheduled to go with him. As I was leaving, I asked where he was going and he said "Brown University" (this is in Rhode Island). In my dream, I stopped to think, "Wasn't that where friend Jeff was going in his dream?" But, of course, you were going to Temple U., not Brown.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #519 on: March 19, 2017, 06:54:49 pm »
Very interesting dream, friend Jeff, and one which bears many touchstones of your previous dreams and musings. But, no mother or other muse. Or, do you think the young woman with the clipboard may have been one?

Don't know.

While I slept poorly last night (see my blog), I did get some sleep, and I had a dream that was a real doozy--sort of a sex dream, but not quite.  :o  8)

The first thing I remember was coming out of a dark, old-looking bedroom and stepping into the kitchen of my maternal grandmother's house. Then I went outdoors and found myself on the streets of Philadelphia just north of my home. It was very, very late at night--around 3 a.m.--and I remember fretting because I needed to be up around 6 a.m. I remember feeling it was very, very dangerous to be out on the streets at that time of night by myself, and the next thing I remember I was with one of the young guys who works as a bartender at the Usual Watering Hole. I won't give his name (though that's probably needlessly stupid because none of you know him, and he won't see this post). In my opinion he has a very handsome face, and I have it on reliable authority that he was formerly a go-go boy. He no longer quite has a go-go boy body, but he's not in bad shape. For years I've looked on him to lust after him in my heart.  ::)

Anyway, the next thing I remember, we're going back into my maternal grandmother's kitchen, and I opened the door that I had originally exited from into the kitchen. A long stream of people now came out of the bedroom; it seems as though there was a party going on in that room! When everyone was gone, Handsome Bartender went in and lay down on the bed. I remember standing in the doorway and feeling very hesitant and confused because I wasn't sure if he wanted me to come in and lie with him, or not.  ???

That is the last I remember of the dream.  :-\