Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941933 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #550 on: July 01, 2017, 11:32:39 am »
What a series of dreams!   You think you were kinda awake for the third one, were you unable to move?  It sounds like a bout of sleep paralysis.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #551 on: July 03, 2017, 12:30:56 pm »
I had an interesting, sci-fi type dream last night. I dreamed about a straight couple and I was attracted to the man and also liked his girlfriend. My feelings for the woman were respect and friendship but my feelings for the man were sexual in nature. The only way I could figure out to resolve this was to enter an alternative reality, like in Interstellar, where I was invisible to everyone. But the attraction remained and it was so strong that I found myself sucked into a bathroom where he was taking a shower. I was pressed up against the glass wall of the shower and could hardly move. There was a lot of steam in the shower, so I couldn't see the man very clearly.

The glass was wet and slippery so I was able to slither off of it and out the bathroom door. I sat in a heap in a large room and then he came out of the bathroom and walked around, ignoring me. I started walking around and discovered a magnetic energy between us, so that I was simultaneously drawn towards him and repelled, so that I had to stay about two feet away. He stopped and looked thoughtful and I realized that he was sensing my presence. He walked slightly in my direction. I backed up to stay away from him. We walked hesitantly around the room, me backwards and him forwards. He speeded up a bit and, though I tried to dodge him, we grazed each other a couple of times. Although he couldn't see me, I knew he could probably feel me if we touched. I was very confused and ashamed to even be there. I wanted to leave but this strange magnetism wouldn't let me.

The woman came in and couldn't see me or sense my presence. The man eventually persuaded her that there was an invisible someone in the room. They both started walking around trying to make contact. It was doubly difficult to try to dodge them and they made contact with me a time or two but I eluded them. I discovered that if I turned my back to them, the polarity was reversed so that I was drawn to them and smashed into their sides or backs. It took all my strength to extricate myself. They didn't seem to feel the impact but it did strengthen their knowledge of my presence. This strange dance went on for it seemed like forever, and then the man sat down, thought for a while and then said, "Lee?" I replied "yes" and I'm not sure if they heard me or not, and I woke up.

I searched my memory for who this couple might be, and finally realized that it's a couple who live nearby. It's funny because I've hardly even paid attention to the man, only the woman. I doubt I could pick him out in a police lineup. 
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #552 on: July 04, 2017, 08:34:04 pm »
whoa, very interesting dream.   I loved the whole cat and mouse game of invisibility.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #553 on: October 03, 2017, 10:55:50 am »
For several months now I've been having different dreams in which one thing is constant: I am high up, sometimes in the air, sometimes on a cliff or traveling on a high bridge. I'm looking down from a dizzying height. Last night I dreamed my cat and I were in a little flying house, like the one in The Wizard of Oz. We flew through the air and landed on a larger flying cooler. The kind that you put ice and beverages in and take on a picnic. So after a time, I got out of the house, which shrank more or fell away, and was clinging onto the cooler with the cat on my back. The cooler slowly rotated backwards and the cat fell off, but grabbed onto my sock with her claws. I reached down, pulling my foot up and easily picked her up and cradled her between the cooler and myself, so she was secure. We were floating through the air and I was not frightened at all, even though we were about 20,000 feet off the ground.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #554 on: October 04, 2017, 09:44:43 am »
Here's one for the books.

Last night I dreamed I was having dinner by myself (the usual situation) at the Usual Watering Hole; there is a dining room, so there was nothing odd about the location.

My server was a woman with short brown hair, wearing a white--or maybe off-white--pants suit (do they still call them pants suits?). At the next table over sat a young woman with an olive complexion and long, dark hair. She tried to engage me in conversation. I wasn't interested in chatting, so I put her off, but I tried to be polite to her.

The server brought my dinner, but she never even brought me a glass of water, so I had to eat my dinner without water.

I saw the manager, whom I consider a friend (really, I do) standing by the bar. I was going to say something to him about my server, but I don't think I had a chance to because that's all I remember. I probably woke up that that point.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #555 on: October 04, 2017, 12:35:45 pm »
This dream seems simple but I think it is really quite deep. I see some unmet needs being presented here. The first thing that stands out is that you went to the Watering Hole, but you didn't receive any water! So, this says to me that your most fundamental needs aren't being met somehow.

The young woman sitting at the next table also had some needs to reach out to you in conversation but these were also unmet. Did she look something like the person in this photo, perhaps? The two women are contrasts. . .one has long dark hair and the other has short brown hair and light clothing. (Yes, they still call them pants suits.)

Then, you saw the manager and you wanted him to know about your unmet need for water. Were you reluctant to approach him about it? It frustrates me when I wake up just as the dream is getting to its essence, but when I think back about it, I can often decide how the dream will resolve itself.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #556 on: October 04, 2017, 01:22:18 pm »
This dream seems simple but I think it is really quite deep. I see some unmet needs being presented here. The first thing that stands out is that you went to the Watering Hole, but you didn't receive any water!

I never thought about that!

So, this says to me that your most fundamental needs aren't being met somehow.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense!

The young woman sitting at the next table also had some needs to reach out to you in conversation but these were also unmet. Did she look something like the person in this photo, perhaps?

As a matter of fact, she did. (She looks sort of Native American.)

(Yes, they still call them pants suits.)

Good to know!  ;D

Then, you saw the manager and you wanted him to know about your unmet need for water. Were you reluctant to approach him about it? It frustrates me when I wake up just as the dream is getting to its essence, but when I think back about it, I can often decide how the dream will resolve itself.

I don't remember feeling that way. I think I woke up before I had the chance.  :(

I forgot to mention that the manager was wearing a shirt that was patterned like on of those gingham table cloths--red and white squares. In reality he never wears anything that light, only dark colors.

I think you really nailed this one. Thank you!

(OT, but one reason I feel I would not have been reluctant to approach the manager is because IRL I have approached him about issues, mainly the sound from the piano room at the back of the bar, past the dining room, where people sing show tunes. A microphone and a loudspeaker are used, and sometimes  the sound is so loud that it drowns out conversation all the way in the front of the bar. I have politely said something to the manager, but so far no change has been made. Jokingly, I once asked my friend the security chief if I would get in trouble if I went into the piano room and knocked over the speaker, and his response was, "I wouldn't care."  ;D )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #557 on: October 05, 2017, 11:12:27 am »
There are two other things I find interesting in this dream. The first is the two women. You expect the server to provide food and water, but she doesn't follow through with the water. The other woman offers conversation, which you don't want and don't think you need. And then there's the manager, who you know from experience will not follow through with the peace and quiet you want.

Then, there's the other room, from which disturbing noise drifts in to the quiet dining room. There, people are singing show tunes and enjoying loud camaraderie. You've chosen the dining room, but sometimes the attractions of the other room might beckon to you, maybe? And you've chosen the server over the other diner, but the server lets you down.

On a personal note, I went to an Oktoberfest in Lucerne with Adam and Jim Clark one time, and almost all of the guys were wearing those red and white checked shirts. It was very rowdy, with a band leading everyone in singing, toasts, big steins of beer, and much conversation with the others at the long table (even though we didn't speak Swiss or German). We all had a great time! But then returned to our reserved selves the next day. Jim even exchanged shirts with a guy who was with his girlfriend but she wasn't paying any attention to him. A bunch of Swiss guys tried on Adam's cowboy boots. It was a hoot!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #558 on: October 05, 2017, 02:07:03 pm »
There are two other things I find interesting in this dream. The first is the two women. You expect the server to provide food and water, but she doesn't follow through with the water. The other woman offers conversation, which you don't want and don't think you need. And then there's the manager, who you know from experience will not follow through with the peace and quiet you want.

Then, there's the other room, from which disturbing noise drifts in to the quiet dining room. There, people are singing show tunes and enjoying loud camaraderie. You've chosen the dining room, but sometimes the attractions of the other room might beckon to you, maybe? And you've chosen the server over the other diner, but the server lets you down.

Well, the point about the women seems interesting, but I'm not sure the point about the manager applies. In the dream nobody was singing show tunes loudly. This is something that happens in reality almost every Saturday night, but it did not occur in the dream. In the dream I was going to complain about the server for not bringing me water, but it seems I woke up before I could do that.

I'm not beckoned to join the people in the piano room to sing show tunes. For one thing, they're all theater queens who follow musicals like a religion. I don't know any musicals later than 1965. I was in the dining room because, well, I was having dinner.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #559 on: October 05, 2017, 07:06:25 pm »
Lee, I really enjoy reading your interpretations!   You seem to be spot on.

They say that dreams represent  your inner feelings and such, and in this dream Jeff wasn't getting needs met.   Jeff, haven't you talked about your need to ramble about, but not being able to go, or feeling that you can go?  And isn't one of the reasons you feel you can't go is that your father would need you, and you wouldn't be there for him?