Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941516 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #570 on: December 28, 2017, 09:30:45 pm »
For a couple of months, all my dreams focused around being at a great height. It was getting ridiculous. I always ended up several hundred feet in the air, and I started saying to my dreaming self, "Oh, come on, not that again!"

Now, it's something different. Every dream features a crowd. Since I hosted a very full house for Christmas, maybe that theme has played itself out. I hope so.

Last night, a new theme emerged. I dreamed that my house was broken into by two young men. I stood up to them. I was kicking and hitting one of them and although he didn't fight back, he didn't leave either. I kept calling out to my daughter to call 911, as if she were in the bedroom. But, she wasn't there. She was safely home in her own home. Then, I realized that the renters upstairs could hear me if I screamed loud enough. I gathered up my breath and. . .before I could scream out loud, they ran out. I had a few choice words for them as they were leaving! I was so mad, I was fuming!

I know what caused this dream. My son's gf told me at Christmas that she had moved into a house at the corner of 44th and Fenton. I know that area and it is a high crime area. I'm concerned for her, and for my son when he visits her. She has met her neighbors and they've promised to look out for her, so that is a bit of a reassurance.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #571 on: December 29, 2017, 11:07:39 am »
Now, it's something different. Every dream features a crowd. Since I hosted a very full house for Christmas, maybe that theme has played itself out. I hope so.

My dream last night featured a crowd, but I don't remember it enough to go into it.  Somehow a swimming  pool figured into it as well.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #572 on: January 03, 2018, 10:09:04 am »
I had a whopper again last night: I dreamed that Zac Efron mentioned Bettermost on the Today show!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Actually, I think I can account for the origin of all three of these elements.

Bettermost more or less speaks for itself.

As for Zac Efron, over supper last night I read a capsule review of The Greatest Showman in The New Yorker. Hugh Jackman stars in the movie, but Zac Efron has a role, which I had not known, and he was mentioned in the review.

As for the Today show, it was announced that Hoda Kotb is now the cohost (replacing the disgraced Matt Lauer), along with Savannah Guthrie. I heard that yesterday.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #573 on: January 03, 2018, 12:08:33 pm »
There's also serious's mention of Zak on the NYE thread: "I'm trying to picture how Broadcast News would look today. OK, I can see Rachel McAdams, or maybe Ann Hathaway, playing the Holly Hunter role, and maybe Zac Ephron, or maybe one of the Hemsworths, as William Hurt. It could work!"

With Hunter coming up for an Oscar nomination for her role in "The Big Sick" this year, there are a lot of comparisons to "Broadcast News" where she received her first Oscar nomination.

My dream last night featured a crowd, but I don't remember it enough to go into it.  Somehow a swimming  pool figured into it as well.

Was the crowd of people in the swimming pool? Hmmm, that could be deep!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #574 on: January 03, 2018, 12:13:51 pm »
There's also serious's mention of Zak on the NYE thread: "I'm trying to picture how Broadcast News would look today.

I saw those posts but I skimmed them very, very quickly. I didn't concentrate on them. I think it more likely that it was the mention in TNY that put his name into my head.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #575 on: January 03, 2018, 06:44:28 pm »
Was the crowd of people in the swimming pool? Hmmm, that could be deep!

I can't remember.  Some of them may have been.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #576 on: March 25, 2018, 08:20:37 pm »
I had a crazy dream early this morning. What caused it, I think, is that I went to a Seder dinner at church yesterday that ended with a rich chocolate torte. So rich, I think it was just too much for me. Anyway, the dream involved a group of people in a very contemporary building being harassed by a bad guy who had a pill that would explode when it became wet. He was threatening us with it when suddenly a woman who looked like Rachel Bloom of "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" stepped forward, snatched the pill from him, and swallowed it.

A loud cry went up from the crowd and we ran to the other side of the building where there was a balcony. I found myself with a young girl about 9 years old or so, and I tried to find a place sheltered from the building where she would be safe from the impending explosion. Most of the other people were standing on the balcony in view of the woman who could be seen through the glass doors leading to the balcony. She was still standing up, but her eyes were closed and her body was fizzing and bubbling. I knew she was going to explode shortly and I knew it would be worse than all the other gawkers thought it would be. I found a place behind a steel girder and I hunched over the girl, covering her up with my body. But the explosion did not happen and I was waiting and waiting. Finally, I woke up and I had overslept nearly an hour.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #577 on: March 27, 2018, 06:24:29 pm »
Wow, that is one hell of a dream!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #578 on: May 02, 2018, 09:37:20 am »
I had a whopper last night. I dreamed there were aliens in my bedroom!  :laugh:

Their heads were shaped like light bulbs, not the modern curlicue light bulbs but the old-fashioned kind. I woke up, and I made a quick, furtive, and. I admit, frightened, look around the room, and then I told myself that it was a dream because I'm too old to be of interest to aliens.  :laugh:

I'm sure I know what inspired the dream: Last Saturday, when I was dusting a bookcase in the living room, I pulled out a copy of a book that was a response to Whitley Strieber's Communion, which was his account of his alleged contact with aliens who first showed up in his bedroom.

As for being too old to be of interest to aliens, I read somewhere that aliens are only interested in younger males and females because, um, their sperm and eggs are better than those of older males and females.  ::)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #579 on: May 02, 2018, 09:54:26 am »
Nonsense, everybody knows that aliens are only interested in older humans who have much more, and more interesting stuff in their brains to study!  :P