Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941722 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #620 on: November 13, 2018, 12:53:20 pm »
The second verse was particularly moving and contained the words, "To rest, to sleep, perchance to dream. To slip away from my mind's stream."

Some songwriter was at least passing familiar with Shakespeare.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #621 on: November 14, 2018, 04:50:57 pm »
The second verse was particularly moving and contained the words, "To rest, to sleep, perchance to dream. To slip away from my mind's stream."

Oh, I like that lyric!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #622 on: December 30, 2018, 02:49:54 pm »
I've been forgetting to tell a dream I had a few nights ago.

I wasn't sure if the setting was my dad's current home, or the house where I was raised, but now I suspect it was the latter because my mother was in the dream. I saw her quite clearly, dressed in the housecoat she used to wear to make breakfast every morning.

I, on the other hand, seem to have been wearing a partially undone tuxedo. I was wearing a white pleated-front shirt. The collar was open, and there was a black silk bow tie hanging around my neck. I was wearing black trousers and black patent leather shoes.

As my mother watched, I carefully descended the basement stairs, only to find about three inches of water on the basement floor.

That's where I woke up.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #623 on: December 30, 2018, 08:34:41 pm »
Hmmmm....that's an unusual one.   

*waits for Lee to come in and analyze*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #624 on: December 31, 2018, 11:25:28 am »
haha, what a compliment, Chuck!! How can I resist!!

Myself, I've had dreams about various houses so often that I looked up what it's supposed to mean. It turns out that you can substitute the word "self" for "house". So, in this dream you are the self of your youth. Your mother appears in your important dreams and, although she doesn't seem to say anything in them, you know she is trying to communicate with you. Depending on your beliefs, you could say this is the actual spirit of your mother or the part of your brain that stores memories of her, or your conscience, or whatever.

She is wearing her regular attire, but you are dressed as for a special occasion. So, I surmise that in this dream, you are in a period of transitioning away from the life of your youth and towards an adult life, one of concerts, parties, special occasions, etc. She is urging you to go down, within, submerge yourself and examine your most innermost thoughts. What do you think you would have done if you hadn't woken up just then?

This dreaming is important to do when one is facing a challenge, as you are. It strengthens the mettle.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #625 on: January 01, 2019, 12:35:09 pm »
I suppose dreams can have more than one level of meaning, deep and one shallow, or more mundane?

Sometime before the dream, I had been contemplating wearing my tuxedo shirt for New Year's Eve, with the collar open and the sleeves rolled up. In fact I did this.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #626 on: January 01, 2019, 02:49:20 pm »
I didn't comment on the tux aspect of your dream because I wanted to think more about it first. I'm glad I waited! I've now spent a pleasant hour learning about the "casual tuxedo look", the history of the tuxedo, and watching tuxedo videos! In this one, Fred Astaire not only dances in tux and tails, but keeps his jacket buttoned the whole time!!

https://www.facebook.com/valkilmer/videos/1113462582168693/UzpfSTExNzgxODAwODc6MTAyMTc2MjY1MDEwNzI1MDk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #627 on: January 01, 2019, 06:17:39 pm »
This is the look I was going for, except that my shirt has a pleated front and a wing collar, and I wasn't wearing braces.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #628 on: January 01, 2019, 06:18:19 pm »
Very interesting interpretation, Lee!

I haven't had any dreams that I can remember.  At least not lately.

Jeff, I like that look!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #629 on: January 07, 2019, 06:25:42 pm »
My dreams lately have always had a point where I was looking down from a great height. I started to get tired of this happening, so whenever I was looking down and the ground starting retreating away from me, I would say to my dreaming self, "Oh come on, you don't have time for this!" and then a funny thing would happen. The scene would start to wobble and then zoom in and out and I would look away and then go on with my dream. Problem solved!