Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941721 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #660 on: August 17, 2019, 12:39:12 am »
I don't agree with all the statements here, but this is interesting: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321070.php
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #661 on: August 22, 2019, 12:28:03 pm »
In these most nonsensical times, I'm suffering through the most nonsensical dreams. Last night, there was Freddy Mercury singing and his microphone was shaped like a toothbrush and he put it inside his mouth while he was singing to distort the sound.  :o

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #662 on: August 22, 2019, 06:37:02 pm »
In these most nonsensical times, I'm suffering through the most nonsensical dreams. Last night, there was Freddy Mercury singing and his microphone was shaped like a toothbrush and he put it inside his mouth while he was singing to distort the sound.  :o

At least he was practicing good oral hygiene.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #663 on: August 23, 2019, 10:05:13 am »
hehe. This morning I was awakened at 7:04 am by a voice saying "Mom." It was so clear that I sat up and replied, "What?" But there was no one there except my cat. I tried to figure out whose voice it was; it was neither my daughter's nor my son's. I finally decided it was my elder grandson's voice. Since I visited them yesterday, something must have lingered in my mind that he said.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #664 on: August 23, 2019, 12:30:20 pm »
hehe. This morning I was awakened at 7:04 am by a voice saying "Mom." It was so clear that I sat up and replied, "What?" But there was no one there except my cat. I tried to figure out whose voice it was; it was neither my daughter's nor my son's. I finally decided it was my elder grandson's voice. Since I visited them yesterday, something must have lingered in my mind that he said.

I can't remember the specifics now, but I clearly remember having had that kind of experience, hearing a voice very clearly when there was no one there.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #665 on: August 23, 2019, 08:40:32 pm »
I had a strange dream Thursday night.

I dreamed I was with my coworkers from my current job, but for some reason, we were all at my prior job in the supermarket.

???

We were working hard, and were promised a chicken dinner, but for some reason, Nicole didn't get one.  I went to find her one, and was quickly given one to give to her, but after I gave it to her, I was pulled aside and accused of stealing it.

::)  ???

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #666 on: August 26, 2019, 10:07:56 am »
I don't know how to interpret your dream, Chuck, but what strikes me is the close collegial relationship you have with (most) of your coworkers. In your dream, it seems like you would go together to work in a different place even. And your concern for Nicolle speaks of your "all for one, one for all" camaraderie. That is very valuable.

I had yet another one of those dreams last night where I was in a new house that my family had moved into and the prior residents had left it bursting with stuff. I started to straighten things out, one room at a time. Drawers and closets were bursting full of the most fascinating stuff and I just couldn't figure out what to do with it all. Also, the house was built on a hill and, like those creepy TV shows that are popular now, there were mysterious people all around and it had a menacing air. I went down to the road searching for a cardboard box to put everything in. I couldn't find one and people--guards--looked at me strangely and encouraged me to go back to the house.

Another weird thing is that a set of rr tracks went through the middle of the house. There was a door leading to a narrow hallway and the tracks went through it. It was really tricky trying to get from one side of the house to the other.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #667 on: August 28, 2019, 12:10:35 pm »
Last night my dream started veering in the direction of me being surrounded by stuff, and I mentally told myself "Stop that!" Fortunately, it worked!

And yesterday I packed up three large boxes of stuff my renter had left in my driveway and took them to Goodwill. It felt great to unload them, but there is still a lot of stuff left. She left a bin the size of a bathtub, packed full of stuff!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #668 on: August 29, 2019, 11:04:35 am »
Again, just as I was waking up this morning, nonsense started happening in my brain. First I thought about how the fibers of today allow you to do yoga and be active without fear of your clothes getting all stretched out. Then I heard my mother chastising me for sitting in a chair with my leg tucked under me, saying "your knees will be all baggy". Then, cut to a scene of me sewing wool pants and turning the waistband, with several different scenarios including me accidentally poking a hole in the corner. Then, a scene of me cleaning a rich guy's house, wearing the wool pants and the knees becoming all baggy, then. . . . Finally, I was so disgusted with all this nonsense I decided it was time to get up!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #669 on: August 29, 2019, 11:06:48 am »
At least he was practicing good oral hygiene.

And did you know that Mercury had extra teeth? Maybe that was why my silly brain conjured up a toothbrush. This is as bad as the spoon in the can of beans, shaped like a tire iron.  :(