Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941371 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #670 on: September 01, 2019, 07:39:37 pm »
Thursday night I had a real lulu, but I've had no time to post about it, so by now most of it has faded.

I was at a party where I didn't know anybody. It was in a house that was sort of a knock-off of the famous Frank Lloyd Wright house called Falling Water, except it wasn't. actually. I remember sliding doors leading out onto a deck that overlooked a yard, and being terrified to notice a mountain lion prowling around in the yard. The mountain lion climbed a tree very near the deck, but thin a noticed somebody holding it, and it still looked like a full-grown mountain lion, except it was no larger than a common house cat.

That's all that sticks with me now.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #671 on: September 02, 2019, 07:47:56 pm »
Well that is very strange because yesterday I was on a tour of permaculture sites and we went to a large farm that had a farmhouse that looked a lot like Falling WAter with many horizontal planes. And earlier I. Was at a conference center where there was a large cat named Simba that looked exactly like a miniature mountain lion!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #672 on: September 21, 2019, 05:19:59 pm »
In my dream last night, I was writing something on the computer, and as I looked it over, little streets formed between the lines and letters. There were cars on the streets but they looked like little Eiffel Towers and Arcs de Triumphe turned sideways and they were bright red, lime green, and superhero blue. For some reason the dream disturbed me so much that I woke up.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #673 on: September 22, 2019, 03:07:13 pm »
Maybe you want to take a trip to Paris.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #674 on: September 24, 2019, 08:12:25 pm »
Peut-ĂȘtre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #675 on: September 26, 2019, 10:00:33 am »
Last night I dreamed that my family moved into an old mansion that seemed to be in downtown Detroit or a similar city. We were very busy exploring it, and, once again, the previous owners had left a bunch of furnishings and stuff. Finally, I thought we needed to invite some people over. So I invited my friends the Gallaghers and then we thought the six of us would be uncomfortable without others there and so we invited some other people.

This mansion did not look like the other houses that appear in my dreams. It was a real mansion with a huge central hall that was 2-3 stories high with a balcony all around that led to many bedrooms on the upper floor. There were columns, a grand piano, and in the front corner a large kitchen with several rooms (resembling Mount Vernon's kitchen, I now realize). I was showing our guests around and looking for a closet for their coats, etc., when suddenly a bright red semi truck drove in through the back and a bunch of people with AKs wearing camouflage streamed out. All of our guests ran for a door, which went to a large basement area. I went there as well, and I could hear scuffling going on above. The guests had grown in number until there were about 20 or 30, and then there were a large number of children, mostly boys, that were in a different area. One of the armed men came down to the basement and was circling around and talking. I couldn't see what he was doing because there was a man in front of me. I suddenly realized he was shielding me. Two of the armed men went to each person and shined a light on them. If the light turned green, they took that person away. They took away the man who was shielding me. He said it would be all right.

All of the guests ended up outside, sitting in a circle on the grass. I thought we should feed them because they were still our guests. So, I went inside to get a delivery menu. Some of the armed people were sitting in the living room beside their truck. When they saw me with the menu, they asked me to order some chicken, some falafel, and some yogurt. I got a pencil and paper and started writing their request. I thought if I brought them food, I might be able to negotiate with them. I went back outside to get the rest of the order and then got in my car and drove one block to a street with lots of restaurants on it. That's when my cat woke me up.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #676 on: September 30, 2019, 03:01:18 pm »
What an odd dream.

I thought it was funny that the armed people let you leave to get food, and that you went looking for food, instead of help.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #677 on: October 07, 2019, 11:34:21 am »
Yes, especially since the place whose menu I had advertised in large red letters on the front that it delivered.  :-\

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #678 on: October 07, 2019, 05:24:45 pm »
I had a dream over the weekend that I was being laid off from work.  Everyone seemed to be upset, but I wasn't for some reason.

I'm not surprised I had this dream, I was talking about getting laid off with a co-worker.  Nothing is happening at work, and I have no idea why the topic came up, but it did.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #679 on: October 08, 2019, 10:25:54 am »
There is a lot of free-floating anxiety about the future right now. It intrudes on our dreams, or maybe our dreams are a way for us to process the anxiety.