Author Topic: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...  (Read 342964 times)

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« on: August 29, 2007, 11:11:45 am »
My Dear BetterMost Family,

Before I type anything else, I have to ‘cover my ass,’ so to speak.  SO, it is not my intention to discredit or speak as a representative of the Roman catholic Church, the Order of St. Benedict, Christianity in general or any other ‘way’ that one is able to connect with God.  I have made a vow of Obedience as a Benedictine monk and if I am ordered to stop revealing my life changing new awareness of Creation as I now understand it, I will just not be around anymore.   Sorry, but I am not well and my vows were Mutual in that I have to do what I am told BUT I will also be taken care of for the rest of my time on the planet.  

NOW, with that out of the way let me Begin to try to explain the amazing transformation that I have gone through.  It would not have been possible without the film “Brokeback Mountain” and all of you here at BetterMost, especially Lynne Steele, who got me to open up to you all in the first place even though I am really shy.  Since around July 20th, I have been really sick and was sure my kidneys were failing and I was dying.  Since I am a DNR, I just was grateful to have leftover pain killers to make me as comfortable as possible.  On Saturday, August 11, 2007, I had THREE near death experiences – one right after the other, during the afternoon.  I was and continue to be unafraid of dying  … but there were some lingering strange feelings about what the actual transformation would involve.  Those are now gone.  It's as natural as ‘blinking your eyes.’   I now can see myself building a huge sign with “NO FEAR” written on it.   After the near death experiences, i.e., going into the light… -  I was totally at peace.  Sometime early Sunday morning, I died.  Now I could write a book about that because it was so awesome and if anybody wants to know anything, ASK!   If I am ‘able’ to tell you I sure will.  There were just NO WORDS for the majority of the Experience.

What is important to get out now, is that the LGBT community and their loving friends have always been special to God.  He has made a COVENANT with us and he calls us “The People of the Rainbow.”  This revelation filled me with awe and gratitude.  I continue to marvel at this compassionate relationship we have with God.

His Covenant states:  I LOVE YOU.  I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU.  I WLL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.  I TAKE CARE OF YOU.  I HAVE ALWAYS TAKEN CARE OF YOU AND I ALWAYS WILL.

My part in all of this is to now post again, "THE PERFECT PRAYER" - I am being told quite clearly to do this.  It's on BetterMost somewhere but needs to be restated here as a gift to All of us.  It always works.  EVERY situation in which you find yourself is covered. It can’t fail. I’ve put it together from Scripture, prayer and the writings of Oswald Chambers and have been praying it for years.  It reveals that God isn’t ‘out there somewhere.’  He Is IN the Moment!  It’s really simple:

“Engineer my circumstances, O LORD, according to Your Will.”

God told me that this is a PERFECT PRAYER and a huge number of people would be ‘saved*’ by it.  (Since I am a Christian, it was an appropriate way to describe it.)  I was surprised but not uncomfortable in the least.  All this time I was being sung to by many voices singing “Your Perfect Prayer, has brought you – somewhere - you have waited for – all your life - in perfect prayer…”

In Heavenly Peace!~!~!~!   :D
br. patrick

*: understood to be used to develop the need for the conventional use of this word (in Christianity)  BUT NOW it is for anyone on the Planet, a truly Universal word in order to Covenant with The Supreme Being.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:26:09 pm by Br. Patrick »
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 11:27:34 am »
Friend, you have come back to us with a very important message. I wonder if perhaps the purpose of your suffering might be to put you in a position to receive it. It is a very profound and moving testament you have posted here, and your efforts to include other povs speak to the universality of this life force.

I think to our friend Impish who no longer posts here who shared his agnostic belief and I so wish there could be a bridge to him. However we chose to get thru the world we live in is our own choice, and there is room at the table for everyone. I myself have need to know there is something beyond this, and I am thankful for your message. I think this life force is alright too.

So glad to hear you are well enough to post, I will keep you in my thoughts. I understand about your vows, but if you get messages, I hope you will get the word out some how, even in your private writings. The written word scared and can carry the message into a time when it can be heard.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 12:05:30 pm »
Brother Patrick, thank you for sharing this holy message for all of us. Let those of us who have eyes, see, and those of us with ears, hear, what you bring to us to contemplate. My thoughts earlier this month have been close to death, so I am very interested in learning what others have to share on that subject. What your experiences seem to reaffirm is that there is no true death, only the fading away of the body and our attachments to this earth. The quintessence of who we are endures and is welcomed home by the transforming power of God's Love.

I am very interested in your story. I will check back here to reread, and to learn any more news you care to impart to us. God bless you, friend!

Offline pettifogger

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Just passin through
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 12:09:36 pm »
Peace be with you Brother Patrick.  You have received a rare blessing.
You and I are travelers just passing through this earth

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 03:01:00 pm »
Hey Brother P,

I am so very pleased to see you back.  How it warms my heart.
The words you have posted here touch me immensely.
Thank you.
I may have to read it very often.  :)

So good to see you back!  :-*

Warm hugs,
~M

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 03:40:15 pm »
Friend, you have come back to us with a very important message. I wonder if perhaps the purpose of your suffering might be to put you in a position to receive it. It is a very profound and moving testament you have posted here, and your efforts to include other povs speak to the universality of this life force.

YES!!!!!! As I now understand it, my 'body' HAD to SHUT DOWN for the transformation of my soul, my essence, whatever words you would want.  I was told that this message, because of the innate nature of the Internet, is going to spread all over the world!  (Actually, I was told that it already had.  I was dead, afterall.   And the ECTASY is ... there are just no words.  If I were to compare all of the Ecstatic times in prayer that I used to have, I would now say they brought me about 6 inches high.    The INCREDIBLE Ecstasy of Sunday, August 12 was like going to the moon!   I didn't know that my 'body' was CAPABLE of receiving that much pleasure!)  I want to shut up so others can add.  WE ARE BLESSED! and that is just totally awesome!

So SHARE!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,12709.0.html

hugs~ :)
br. p
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 02:50:05 pm by Br. Patrick »

moremojo

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 03:55:46 pm »
Brother Patrick, Sunday, August 12 was a dark time for me. The despair that took hold of me earlier this month began to germinate at around that time. Isn't it ironic that one saw the Light and was raised to new heights, while one saw an engulfing darkness that seemed to smite away the pleasure and goodness of life? I am so happy you had this experience, and chose to come back to share it with the rest of us. And I'm happy that I stayed around long enough to get the message. Thank you kindly, friend!

I have heard/read others describe these near-death experiences as being beyond words. They seem to point towards a realm where words, names, or labels of any kind are not needed. At the same time, I find these very fascinating to learn about, so please feel free to share as much as you feel comfortable--if not on this thread, you could always PM me.

God bless, and Godspeed.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 04:03:35 pm »
Brother Patrick, Sunday, August 12 was a dark time for me.

I am SO Sorry to hear that but close your eyes and receive the best Cyberhug that I can now send!

Stay tuned... ::)
br. p

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 04:07:35 pm »
Brother Patrick -

Thank you SO much for post this! I have always felt I have a very special relationship with God. And in a world that is always telling us that God hates us, what you have told us today is very refreshing and something we all need to hear. I'm so sorry you have been sick though. I hope you will feel better again very soon!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 07:05:52 am »
Brother Patrick, thank you for sharing this holy message for all of us. Let those of us who have eyes, see, and those of us with ears, hear, what you bring to us to contemplate. My thoughts earlier this month have been close to death, so I am very interested in learning what others have to share on that subject. What your experiences seem to reaffirm is that there is no true death, only the fading away of the body and our attachments to this earth. The quintessence of who we are endures and is welcomed home by the transforming power of God's Love.

You are right on about the "fading away" of our attachments.   My body was slowly shutting down surrounded by all of my electronics that I used to 'need' to distract from inner pain.  I felt the need for ANY 'Thing' just disappear!  My experience of my death wasn't difficult in the least.  I was so, so very tired and I just let go.  Then the music started and the more I let go the stronger my awareness of a "NEW" reality set in.  I heard the phrase:  "Well Done, Good And Faithful Servant" many times in many voices.  I used to have an incredibly difficult time accepting any kind of 'praise' in the Beforetime.  Now, it's so easy!  The GRATITUDE is just There!  When I was told something to the effect of "You can get up now and enjoy your new life," I got up, had incredible energy and found myself in my usual surroundings.  But everything was changed that Sunday morning.  I heard birds outside my window chirping with high frequencies that must have been around 50KHz~!  I put a slide show on my Media Center Computer (which slowly pans each image) and the pictures were in 3-D~!  Someone on BetterMost had posted pictures of their flower garden (THANKS!) and it was awesome seeing INTO the petals.   I can go on and on and on about this so if anyone is interested, let me know...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:04:50 am by Br. Patrick »