Author Topic: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...  (Read 342856 times)

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
Re: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 04:41:20 am »
Please continue, as it suits you to do so...

I have a whole NEW understanding of the concept of TIME.  God is "In The Moment" and Every Moment in the Everlasting Now.  Time is a 'creation' just like we are.   From the perspective that I gained while dead, I now understand it to be entirely available all at the same time - hence the concept of the 'Everlasting Now.'   In the Beforetime I was starting to see that because of a film called "Loggerheads" (2005 - highly recommended) which had 3 separate but related stories occurring simultaneously even though each story happened in a different year.   This explains why I was told that I could open the door of my dwelling and go anywhere, anytime that I wanted.  I think I would have stayed 'dead' if I had not answered the phone.  But it didn't change the new way I experience The One Who Is.

For whatever reason, I did not see what we would call the "future" in anyway whatsoever.  To me it just says our Creator and his creation are just unfolding 'Live' in the moment.  That doesn't mean that the Creator does not have some kind of plan, but when I asked about it I really wasn't able to understand the answer as easily as it was for other questions.  From what I remember, and I'm sure my inability to recall this is because the Creator doesn't want us to be able to "put him in a box" that will ONLY take into consideration what one has been taught, it seems that we each have our own separate plans, which would be similar for others in a particular way i.e., Christians, but still uniquely ours.  I'm sure that All plans will eventually end up in the same 'place' of unending Ecstasy.  Where I 'was' was definitely a place of ecstasy but also one of transition.  While we chatted, I could 'hear' essences of other people thanking ME for the "Perfect Prayer" while they 'traveled' through the reality that I found myself in.

Anniversary note: The 'voices' of the people that traveled through my reality came at me 'floor' to 'ceiling' at about a 60 Degree Angle (Another plane of existance??)

I wish I could again have that intimate experience of Lover to beloved so that I could write answers as I 'hear' them but I am STILL in constant prayer; haven't been ABLE to stop since August 6th when I  was healed of my 'Crack Addiction' (not the drug, the lust of the male backside).  Now, in the little time that I am out of my apartment, for Dr's appointments, etc., I am noticing FACES in a way that is totally new because of my experience of the changing outward (no word better than) 'appearance' of the Creator while his essence remained the same.

We are all indeed made in his 'image' as he chose to reveal himself to me.  I also had the incredible insight that a countless number of other things was occurring while we simply enjoyed each other's company.   It was so fabulous because I was known so intimately.  And as the visit continued, my experience of Who I was talking to was growing exponentially.  And then there was the music... need to think about how to convey that for awhile...

{{{heavenly hugs to all}}}}
br. p
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 07:13:09 am by Br. Patrick »
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 01:09:32 pm »
“Engineer my circumstances, O Lord, according to your Will.”

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

"If you can't fix it, you got to stand it"

"Let be, let be"

In someway or another these statements all lead back to the same conclusion, that there is little we can do as humans about the big picture, we need to just trust it will be okay.

This is difficult for me to address because I really don't want anyone's feelings hurt or think that their input is being rejected by "someone who thinks he's superior."   I DON'T think that I'm superior.   I DON'T want your feelings to be hurt in any way.  You have grouped statements that don't do the same thing.   Damn this is difficult!  But it's like putting an onion in ice-cream - one just wouldn't do that...   So, humbly as I can possibly be, {{and with heavenly help needed!!!}}, let's sort these out.  The last two of your statements fit your concluding sentence perfectly.   "If you can't fix it, you got to stand it," and "Let be, let be" are best understood as Defense Mechanism's which help one to exist an in an otherwise cruel world.  I've used them both myself TO SURVIVE and they WORK as far as that goes ... but there are better ways.  One can truly LIVE and not merely SURVIVE.

The AA 12 Steps Prayer is great for those using the program and others who find this helpful.   But it places all of the 'work' on yourself.   YOU have to courageously change what you can, with God's wisdom.  It's great BUT there is a better way and that is why, I believe, that it was deemed the "PERFECT PRAYER," and Not By Me!!!  I was told this clearly in my life-changing near-death experience!

I will try to take it apart.  It does require the gift of 'faith in a higher power (God)' but that's available to anyone who asks and needed to trust what then will happen as part of God's Intimate involvement in each of our lives.  "If you can't fix it" then you need to TRUST that God not only knows how, but will do it in the most ordinary (or extraordinary) ways one can think of.   I never grow tired of watching things 'randomly' happening that just fit what is needed for the particular circumstances that I find myself in.  (GOD, I sound like a BetterMost PREACHER and that's not my job!!!!) :o

One needs to believe that God's WILL is PERFECT and I can tell you from years of hands on experience that it is.   We all have free will and can do as we choose.  By praying the Perfect Prayer, one relinquishes this 'right' to Someone who KNOWS exactly what we Need in a particular moment AND how to make it happen!  And it always does!

The way it does may not seem at the time to be right at all.  I know this from experience!   BUT, retrospect always shows that a 'certain door' was closed so that 'another one' could open.  In HINDSIGHT everything becomes clear.  When one can accept God's Covenant with "the people of the rainbow" and their loving friends, you just know that what is happening is best for us.   I can't say this strongly enough... We Are REALLY SPECIAL to God, and we always have been.

Let me take that one step further.  We are 'buds' at the end of our genealogical family trees.  We get to have a LEGACY since we don't normally reproduce.  (I know that there are couples adopting and mothers bringing children into their same sex relationships.  They get BOTH!)  Heterosexuals can have both.  I told a friend who shared time with me on August 12th that Bettermost Sage, Daniel, has posted the answer here already concerning our Legacies.  This world would be a whole lot worse if it wasn't for US LGBT's. :)

My LEGACY, as I now understand it, it to pass on "God's Covenant" with the LGBT subculture and their loving friends, along with the "Perfect Prayer."  (This is so wierd because when I died, I was told that this had already happened!  DANG IT!  I was so easy to just accept it as fact.  It gets really hard when it seems I have to step on a friend's toes!)

Oh Well, with all the love I can now gift you with...  :-*
br. p

P.S.  This has been the hardest one yet!  Lighten up, Lord, PLEASE?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:10:16 am by Br. Patrick »

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 01:29:07 pm »
I eagerly look forward to each NEW post . And....Looking forward to celebrating your Silver Jubilee ( 25th year as a solemn professed Benedictine Monk) on All Saints Day ( Nov. 1st ) with you.

That's funny to me because I already did, in 2004.  I made what is called 'temporary vows' on November 1, 1979.  They lasted three years.  Then I was (again) voted in for Solemn (lifetime) vows in 1982.

My GIFT for my 25th took me a couple of years to decide on but it's the Media Center PC on which I saw pictures pan slowly across the screen in Awesome 3-D on August 12th!  From what I have learned, those pictures of flowers that I enjoyed so much came from someone called Roland.    THANKS ROLAND!

joyfully... :D
br. p

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2007, 03:11:21 pm »

For my very special Friend...More Rufus.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmbQEQltOwM [/youtube]

Beautiful mind

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 03:01:15 pm »

For my very special Friend...More Rufus.

My Dear Girl, You BLOW ME AWAY!  I play the keyboards by ear and wrote 5 volumes of inspired music that the monks continued to pray even after I moved here - to my sacred space, my apartment on the western shore of Lake Michigan. 

"Near restfull waters you lead me, to revive my drooping spirit"  Psalm 23, The Grail Translation

I was playing along with Rufus on my Yamaha 76 key keyboard by the time he got to the second chorus of "Hallelujah!"  AND it was so awesome to watch his hands.   That is truly A GIFT from you!  And so many songs in the playlist!  I wish I could download them in a format that is storable.  But, this is truly great!  It's funny that it includes a song by Leonard Cohen.   I just recorded Rufus singing "Everybody Knows" from an On Demand Movie about Leonard Cohen on Digital Cable.  I sing it along with him - it's great fun!  When I learn how to make that into a WMV, I will share IT with you.

SO, Thank you, dear lady, for the reviving of my drooping spirit that is missing that which I caught just a mere 'glimpse' of...

{{{Heaven on Earth is with FRIENDS}}}
br. p  :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 03:08:10 pm by Br. Patrick »

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 03:41:08 pm »
I'm so sorry you have been sick though. I hope you will feel better again very soon!  :)

I feel GREAT psychologically and spiritually.  My body is a real bummer.  Thanks for the warm wishes.  Come back often~!

{{{Heavenly Hugs}}}
br. p

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 04:55:09 pm »

I am very glad you are enjoying it.  I too love to watch his hands.  He has the most beautiful and long expressive hands, even if you dont watch him sing....I went to his concert here in Portland last month, and it was wonderful...He is so talented, and funny, and smart...A true entertainer.  As well as a singer musician and writer.

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 11:01:40 am »
Brother Patrick I keep coming back to thought that may be clichets, but I think still have relevance to me on a personal level.

One of the points in conversation I have here and else where is there is not enough  time, but it sounds like in the transition there is all the time needed to sort out the issues, to reach an understanding of what we could not face of accept or realize. I think that is wonderful. How the experence can be tailored to each person undertanding strikes me as the marriage we need to recognize between ourselves and the spirit, we are all extentions of spirit and the process of returning to the pool as a chichet, helps me realize that.

I hope this makes sense.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 03:33:22 pm »
One of the points in conversation I have here and else where is there is not enough  time, but it sounds like in the transition there is all the time needed to sort out the issues, to reach an understanding of what we could not face of accept or realize. I think that is wonderful.

You speak of exactly what I experienced.  There was plenty enough time not just for questions and their intricately evolved answers, but also for quiet time.  To get used to the 'new' and just BE.   To me, I feel that I was there at least 10-12 hours but who knows, it may have been only a moment in the Everlasting-Now...

peace~!
br. p

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2007, 01:51:36 pm »

Here is a site that has some downloads...dont know if its what you are looking for

:(http://www.myspace.com/rufuswainwright

Beautiful mind