Author Topic: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...  (Read 343216 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 07:10:02 am »
I am interested. Please do go on...

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 07:52:43 am »
I am interested. Please do go on...

Leslie

I'll do my best...   All of my senses were enhanced~!  TOUCH was incredible.  When I held a leaf (that I had plucked the day before) with my thumb and index finger, the sensations traveled well up into my arm.   The Texture was awesome.   Here it comes., there are just NO WORDS to describe it.   When I walked around my apartment, the soles of my feet felt awesomely NO WORDS.  I got the message that if I opened the door, I could go anywhere I wanted, at any time I wanted.  I didn't need that at that moment and went in my bedroom, layed on the bed and sipped a rare soda made in Brazil from a fruit that grows ONLY in Brazil.  It was Heavenly Nectar!  And I realized that I hadn't eaten anything more than a tiny bit of a Pop-Tart all week.  I had no desire for food.  I realized that I had been in constant prayer for over a week.  (Still Am!)

What happened next will take a long time to put into words so I have to prepare for that one...  Might take me a while but I continue to "enjoy" (NO WORD) what is STILL happening in me "as long as 'I' can ride it.  Ain't NO reins on this one" (either)!

{{{{{peace to all LGBT's and their Loving Friends}}}}}

Anniversary note:  The experiences of doing 'normal' things like walkiing and what I experienced then I NOW call comparing a photograph with the Real Thing!
br. p    ::)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:01:01 am by Br. Patrick »
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 07:54:02 am »
I am interested too, and have questions as well.

One thing that stinkes me is that you were prepared for this to happen, so it was peaceful and easy. I am wondering if a person is unprepared, fighting it, or comes to this point by accident of attack, could the process be less than peaceful, I am not sure you would know how those scenarios play out.

That Sunday, the 12th, I wrote a piece I have not posted here because it really didn;t fit in. It was an account of an elderly couple losing thier only son and visiting a place where his last picture was taken. The trip to Alberta had brought it back to mind. It would almost seem like several of us have reached some sort of crux about that time.  
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

moremojo

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 10:07:31 am »
Brother Patrick, let me tell you what frightens me about these near-death experiences, and I'm wondering if these aspects figured in your journey. Many people describe passing through a long, dark tunnel at a tremendous speed (Betty Eadie described her journey through the darkness as being so fast that "not even light-years could measure it"), and, as someone who is very frightened of travelling at great speed, I find myself dreading this possible part of my future (if and when it comes to pass).

Then, most people describe heading towards an effulgently bright light, a light immeasurably brighter than our sun, but which causes no discomfort when gazing into it. Many sense that God is within this Light, and sometimes get affirmation of this when passing into it. Now, an immensely bright light actually brings me little comfort; I've always felt much more at home in the dark, yielding night than the strident, glaring day, and the idea of finding myself in a radiant light-filled realm with no shadows definitely brings me some anxiety. That may sound strange to a lot of people, but it's true for me.

I've felt that many of our fears arise from being within a physical body. Perhaps when released from our physical constraints, the fears that germinate thereby (fears of falling, of bearing pain that the body cannot withstand, etc, etc) vanish away like a bad dream.

Please feel free to share and elaborate on anything as you please.

Thanks,
Scott

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 12:28:20 pm »

very interesting!!!

Beautiful mind

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 06:40:08 pm »
I am interested too, and have questions as well.

One thing that strikes me is that you were prepared for this to happen, so it was peaceful and easy. I am wondering if a person is unprepared, fighting it, or comes to this point by accident of attack, could the process be less than peaceful, I am not sure you would know how those scenarios play out.

What came to me quite clearly after reflecting on my own death is that EVERYONE will get time frozen and will get more peace and happiness than one could possibly imagine on the planet.   Also, I truly believe that a Buddist would get what a Buddist would expect and a Sunni Muslim, etc...  The experience was Perfectly tailored to ME!!!  We're all like DOTS - Connected.   The biggest problem is how to explain all of this to someone who hasn't experienced it.

As for people being frightened by such experiences, let's just say that not everything in the Spiritual Realm is a friend...  That's the final word on THAT!  Doesn't deserve even that many words....  But when it's the Real Thing, everyone will get a personally tailored experience that makes it so easy to leave everything behind.  Now that I think of it, there was a point where I was concerned about breathing.  Pure Thought put any fear far away.  THAT's the best way to descibe communications, PURE THOUGHT!

I have a brand new Spiritual Paradigm and I am just beginning to learn about it.   I'll share everything I can.

{{{Heavenly Hugs}}}
br. p
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 06:46:23 pm by Br. Patrick »

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 12:46:06 pm »
“Engineer my circumstances, O Lord, according to your Will.”

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

"If you can't fix it, you got to stand it"

"Let be, let be"

In someway or another these statements all lead back to the same conclusion, that there is little we can do as humans about the big picture, we need to just trust it will be okay.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

moremojo

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 01:05:33 pm »
In someway or another these statements all lead back to the same conclusion, that there is little we can do as humans about the big picture, we need to just trust it will be okay.
Abhinavagupta, the great eleventh-century synthesizer of Kashmir Saivism, taught that the individual consciousness and God were one and the same, hence we are all the creators of our own reality. Enlightenment consists of the recognition and direct experience of this Divine Truth.

I find this belief system very appealing intellectually, but emotionally I feel the great desire to relate to God as "Someone Out There Looking Out For Me", a father figure, if you will, who loves me Unconditionally as his beloved son. Thus do I sometimes appeal to and pray to God, even though I fundamentally believe that essentially I am praying to myself.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 04:09:31 pm »
...emotionally I feel the great desire to relate to God as "Someone Out There Looking Out For Me", a father figure, if you will, who loves me Unconditionally as his beloved son. Thus do I sometimes appeal to and pray to God, even though I fundamentally believe that essentially I am praying to myself.

You're not far from what I now understand.  The only difference is "he" isn't out there, he's right behind your essence, (your mind, your spirit), every moment.  There's no way to turn our consciousness behind us without some kind of help from he who made us.   AND ON THAT POINT!!!!

I remember when I was "here."  They call this planet "there" and their existence "here"; I remember asking "Up Here?" and was told in the kindest manner that I could describe, "Not UP, just HERE."   And that makes me remember the ESSENCE of the Creator explaining to me that "the people of the Rainbow" are actually MORE made in God's likeness in that we include aspects of Both Male and Female in a way that is unique in each one of us.  That we are (I'm trying to translate now so bear with me...) like a Sub-Genus of our Species; not just homo-sapians but homo-homo-sapians.

It was so very easy to communicate with our Creator!   Every question I ever had was warmly answered.   And he kept changing outward (another bad translation) 'appearances' but his Essence remained the same.   One of his "characters?" was absolutely hilarious!   I laughed for hours and hours.   He reminded me of our BetterMost Sage, Daniel, so when I think of the Hilarious God, I think of Daniel.  His use of language was awesome and he could twist meanings in the most funny way that, in the end, you understood far more than you had asked originally.   Unfortunately, I don't remember what I asked him.   But it was so natural, a friend to a friend; a lover to a lover;  I never felt inferior in the least (which for me was very strange but I accepted it nonetheless).   Here I go, on and on again.

More will come; more need to know
{{{love}}}
br. p

moremojo

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 05:20:32 pm »
"a lover to a lover"--This is very interesting to read. I'm so happy to think that this kind of relationship, feeling might be found in the Beyond as well as on earth. I've always thought that the earthly attachment I'd miss most on the other side would be the warm, delicious intimacy of physical union with another human being. I suppose the PHYSICAL aspect might indeed be absent, but the emotional and spiritual feelings associated with this experience could still be obtained...and with our very Creator, no less. Some people might find that kind of thought blasphemous, but I actually find it quite marvellous (Hindu tradition provides for God as Lover (i.e., Krishna and the gopis).

Please continue, as it suits you to do so...