Author Topic: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...  (Read 343045 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2007, 03:06:51 am »
You're right about bedtime, bud - get some sleep.  I'm almost ready myself.

I think a lot of what might have happened in these past 10 years is undue pressure from my parents. Being the firstborn, I suppose I'm supposed to live up to all the expectations they have of me. I think they saw my interest in acting more as a childish play thing, so they discouraged me from pursuing it later on because they didn't realize it was so important to me. Being the firstborn, I was afraid to tell them how important it was to me. I was afraid to do a lot of things with my parents for myself, so often sacrificed what I wanted for what I thought was the greater good.

This makes complete sense to me, especially considering I'm also firstborn daughter who only in the last decade realized it was OK to feel things like anger and to have plans of my own.  Let's talk this to death later. 

Thank you for your support, Lynne. Since we've actually met in person, and had a chance to talk for a bit, the fact that you can recognize what I'm talking about means the world to me. It just fits... somehow.  And I'm starting to feel ashamed that I didn't go after my dreams when I had the chance, even if I thought I was doing the right thing at the time....

I understand why you're feeling that shame - I'd pick a different word - maybe 'disappointment in yourself'?  Shame should be reserved for when you've done a WRONG - I don't see that here.  Don't you think that's just more wasted energy that you could be directing elsewhere?  Feel it, because you need to feel things, instead of suppress your feelings, but set a time and move past it.  If I'm learning anything from BBM, it's that I want to keep moving forward, growing, understanding myself.  No, my life at 39 is not how I envisioned it at 19; but I'm determined that when I look back at 59, it's going to be with a helluva lot less regret for opportunities missed.  And if that means I fall flat on my ass a few times, so be it.  There are loads of friends here who will understand and fully support you.  It only counts as a failure, IMO, if you let it paralyze you and you can't get past it.  It's the process, the experience, that's important.  It's highly likely that for some cosmic reason if you'd 'gone for it' before, there would have been other problems - maybe you wouldn't have been mature enough to make the right choices or even understand them?

If we're going to go with Brother Patrick's prayer, then we've got to believe that the circumstances are being engineered NOW.  Otherwise, it would have happened back then, right?
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2007, 05:32:15 am »
Well I have been tossing and turning in my bed for about an hour and a half, now.... but I think its a good thing. I actually have a slightly stronger perception of where my life is going right now... and I think I have the perfect prayer to thank for it.

I was laying in bed and I remembered to pray the prayer. I got it wrong the first time, saying Lord, Engineer my circumstances according to your will.  After a few minutes of laying in the dark, I realized this, and prayed it again, Engineer my circumstances, Lord, according to your will.  But for some reason, I have a feeling that I am supposed to be moving on with my life... it's burning brilliantly within me, though I have no idea of what or how to move on, and what's more is that I have an immense fear that somewhere along the way I made some wrong turns and it will take a large amound of backtracking to get where I'm supposed to be. So I prayed the prayer one more time... Engineer my circumstances, Lord, according to your will, but please - do it quickly.

Now that I am seeing this way... now that I am remembering the thrill of the stage, and wonder what the hell I've done to myself the past ten years of my life, I am really afraid... I don't know how to get back into that experience, don't know if I even have the skills to do so... just a great desire. And I don't know if anyone will want me once I get there, or if I will be able to make one damn bit of difference in those experiences.  So I'm stuck... or so it seems.  I will continue to pray the perfect prayer... but I think I might need others to pray for me too.

Daniel~!

Your thoughts tell me that you received the Spiritual 'Gift' that I sent you.  Keep repeating "The Perfect Prayer" and when the time is RIGHT things will happen, I promise!

You have had quite the life!  I can see how you can be confused when you are so talented in SO MANY areas!  And I do pray for you every day!

{{Cyberhugs}}

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2007, 05:36:53 am »
(to Daniel) If we're going to go with Brother Patrick's prayer, then we've got to believe that the circumstances are being engineered NOW.  Otherwise, it would have happened back then, right?

'don't want to be all holy on your ass' but that's Romans 8:28 and it's TRUE~!

{{Cyberhugs}}

br. p

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2007, 06:50:39 pm »

Daniel too has a very special gift to share with the rest of us..he is wonderful.             :)

Beautiful mind

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2007, 07:07:44 am »
        Daniel too has a very special gift to share with the rest of us..he is wonderful.             :)

Daniel simply and absolutely blows my mind.  I've never 'met' someone so intelligent and so emotionally sensitive as well.   He is truly a gift to us all and deserves the title: BetterMost Sage!

And if you think that he is gifted now, just wait!    ::)

{{Cyberhugs}}

br. p

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2007, 10:32:09 am »
I had another waking moment when I was waking up this morning... Its something I've always thought about doing, but have always been too afraid to try it.

Remembering all that stuff from ten years ago got me thinking. There are a number of people in my life from back then that I never properly thanked; one of them being a young man named Nathanael who was one of the few people that was kind to me during that difficult time of my life. So I'm going to call his parents later on this morning and see if they can't give me his current phone number. I really need to thank him for that, and to apologize for the attitude of arrogant pride that I held onto in that difficult time as a way of preventing others from hurting me.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2007, 12:09:56 pm »
I had another waking moment when I was waking up this morning... Its something I've always thought about doing, but have always been too afraid to try it.

Welcome to your personalized  NEW life~!  :D

{{Cyberhugs}}

br. p

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »
Well, thank you, Brother Patrick... Is personalized the same as revitalized?

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2007, 03:14:25 pm »
Well, thank you, Brother Patrick... Is personalized the same as revitalized?

If it is with you then I can go with that.   Really, you have just begun!   If I could make a wish for you, I wish that you could see twixt too.  If only for a time, the pleasure would be mine.

{{Cyberhugs}}

br. p

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2007, 11:46:48 am »
Today's revelation:

I came upon, and I believe this is a scripture, but I'm not entirely certain. It was something I remember growing up with in my religious home, when it was taught to me as something that Jesus said. "Give up your wordily possessions and follow me."

Of course, the way it was taught to me made it a little difficult to do. Unless I wanted to join a monastary, which I've never felt a calling to do (except on alternate Thursdays).

But today, as I was lying in bed, I began to think of the word "possessions" differently. What if it was not referring to the things which we possess, but the things which possess us. Those things I would gladly give up, because I want to be a free mind. Which of course got me thinking, what if Jesus's "me" wasn't himself, but the free "Me" of each individual. So instead of meaning "Give up all your worldly goods and services and do not partake in the riches that life has to offer so that you can sacrifice all these illusions of being and focus on the true spiritual reality of the Messiah", he was saying "Free your body and mind from the worldly dominations, those things that control your life and prevent you from knowing who you really are."