Author Topic: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...  (Read 342998 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2008, 07:47:28 pm »
I too have been suffering from anxiety over certain issues related to my life's purpose/well being. Is it too difficult for a human to ask that he receive a purpose in this life with meaningful and enjoyable work? Or are we to be continually driven by a sense of adventure that pulls us out of the humdrum of daily existence. I find that I am tearing myself up over whether or not I should call around regarding this new job that I have been thinking about. Part of me is excited about it, and feels that I am ready for this. Another part of me realizes that I could very well not like this job and could easily have my romantic viewpoints quickly torn asunder.

I shall continue to pray the Perfect Prayer. And perhaps it will ease this tension in me, where I have a feeling that "something" is about to happen. I wonder if it is something that I am supposed to be doing, or if it is something that is about to happen to me.

-Daniel
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2008, 06:39:37 am »

I've been working on this Railroad
all the live long day~!

Engineered by the One Who Is
so I know I'll be Okay~!

Bringing all my friends along with me
even those not Gay~!

If we don't know where we're going
Perfect Prayer will show the way~!

Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2008, 06:44:46 am »

I have a feeling that "something" is about to happen. I wonder if it is something that I am supposed to be doing, or if it is something that is about to happen to me.

-Daniel

Daniel, Lynne, and ALL my dear friends,

SEE ABOVE~!

{{{Cyberhugs}}}  ::)

br. p

P.S.,
"Engineer All Of Our Circumstances, O Lord, According To Your Will"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2008, 06:59:00 am »

You are getting more and more creative Bro Patrick..That is lovely...

Hoping you are well.  Happy and fulfilled...        cyber hugs right back to you...........((((hugs++)))))            :)

Beautiful mind

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2008, 07:06:33 am »

You are getting more and more creative Bro Patrick..That is lovely...

That is because of YOU~!    Ever since you GIFTED me with Rufus Wainwright's "Hallelujah" EVERYTHING is happening to me MUSICALLY~!

{{{{{{{      :-*     }}}}}}}

br. p

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2008, 07:14:47 am »

Oh my goodness.  Thank you for telling me that..It makes my heart soar.... :-* :-*

Beautiful mind

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2008, 10:34:07 pm »
...Then I remembered what I've been calling your 'Engineering' prayer.  If it is meant to be, it will be (and vice versa).  I've done what is in my power, and it is out of my hands now.

Thank you, Brother Patrick.

Love,
Lynne

I shall continue to pray the Perfect Prayer. And perhaps it will ease this tension in me, where I have a feeling that "something" is about to happen. I wonder if it is something that I am supposed to be doing, or if it is something that is about to happen to me.

-Daniel

My Dear Friends Lynne, Daniel,
Believe me when I say that I understand the angst that you both express in one way or another.  It really wouldn't be 'normal' for those beginning the Perfect Prayer and relying on the One Who Is not to feel very confused at times.  I mean, you both have been leading your lives so far 'seemingly' without needing Divine Intervention, Right?   BUT, I know from experience that the "Perfect Prayer" unknowingly has reverse Engineered the life you have led along with the point you are at in your lives at this "moment in the everlasting now."

From experience, I can assure you that all will work out just fine (and really easy) if you 'cooperate' with the Benefits of the Perfect Prayer.  In a nutshell, this means learning (or reLearning) your Sixth Sense, your Intuition so that you may easily cooperate with the circumstances occurring to you.

I call these things "blocks" or "Road Signs" as your life enfolds around you, moment by moment.  Being genuinely sincere with the Perfect Prayer will help develop this sense of discernment.   For example, if you are really 'thinking' that you should be following a particular Life Plan and you keep running into walls and barriers, these are the signs that what you have conjectured isn't the correct way for you.  Divine Providence has decreed a better, perfectly suited direction for your lives to follow.  Praying the Perfect Prayer will present the perfect life plan for you.  It is perfectly normal to feel confused and even overwhelmed when there seems like so many possibilities for your lives to proceed.  As you become more familiar with running into 'walls' of misdirection, you will indeed find the exact plan that has been layed out for you AND as Daniel has mentioned, has ALREADY been there when you see things in retrospect.

By and by, as you merge your own free will with the Will of the One Who Is, you will just know what to do next as your life enfolds in front of you.

I guess a helpful hint would be something that I learned a long time ago.   If I 'think' that I am 'supposed' to do something and I just keep running into barriers; by the third time that these obstacles occur I realize that I am 'outside of my LIFE-PLAN and it's time to discern something else.

The REALLY neat thing is how automatic this becomes once you get used to cooperating with the Engineer.  I will repeat what I said in response to Daniel's wonderful words to me as this new year began...

This morning before prayer I was 'told' that nothing will happen to me from now on by.. accident.  I warmly smiled and gratefully acknowledged this gift.  It's like the same as usual but now I feel like it has been given to me "gift wrapped"~! 

I hope all of this is making sense.  Another way of approaching the Perfect Prayer is to see it as a process through which your lives will unfold before you in a way that is custom tailored for your many gifts and talents.  It is perfectly normal in the beginning to find it uncomfortable to 'trust' something outside of you.  But here again, as Daniel has so wisely said, "What we lack, most often, is the vision to see it occur when it comes to pass. It is so often only in hindsight that we can see the miraculous gifts that are given to us."

I couldn't say that any better than what has been so wisely discerned by our Resident Sage here at BetterMost.

To me the absolute BEST part of the Perfect Prayer is that I get not only exactly what I need, I also find that I am always given everything that I merely want.  To give you an example, I have had my eye on a Terabyte (1000 Gigabytes) Hard Disk ever since they have come on the market.   Now I am a stickler for backing up my data and I have a 400 GB External Hard Disk with which I use to back up everything important to me on my 500 GB Hard Disk in my Media Center computer.  Well I had 62 Hours of Movies, Documentaries, etc., stored on that hard drive in a folder called "..\Recorded TV."  'Loggerheads' is in there along with 'Coffee Date' - files that I have shared with you both.  Wednesday, as I was about to backup a newly recorded movie in this External Hard Disk, the folder "..\Recorded TV" was GONE~!  To say the least, I FREAKED OUT~!   40 minutes later I was back in my apartment with a new Western Digital Internal SATA 1 Terabyte Hard Disk.  By then it was only a couple of hours until bedtime so I used that time to see what I could at least salvage from my old 'broken' 400GB External Hard Disk.  I ran every diagnostic program that I had on the drive and they all returned messages saying the Hard Disk was 'healthy' and there were NO PROBLEMS.  At that point I was very confused and THEN I realized that the free space on that External Hard Drive was 69GB~!  Now I KNEW that is how much space there had been left with my 62 hours of backed up video.  SO, I did a search.  DUH~!  I had somehow accidentally MOVED the "..\Recorded TV" folder INSIDE OF ANOTHER FOLDER~!  All my files were there and there was NO PROBLEM with this External Hard Disk.

But WOW, I now owned my Coveted 1 Terabyte Hard Drive which I installed the next day.

The point, as I am sure that you can see is that, I had not only what I needed, I now owned something that I had merely WANTED~!   I was/am So Grateful for this gratuitous gift~!  And I love it~!!!!!!

Bottom line, and I'll shut up, is the Perfect Prayer means not exactly giving up our own Free Will, but simply merging it with that of the One Who Is..   Hope this has helped!

{{{Cyberhugs & Whew, I think this is the longest post I have ever made~!}}}  :) :P ::) :-*

br. p

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2008, 03:08:47 am »
I had saved that very same image as my desktop background not too long ago. I changed it recently, but I still have that image.

Thank you for those kind words, Brother Patrick, and for a better understanding of how the Perfect Prayer manifests our true needs and desires in life.

Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2008, 06:29:19 am »

Thank you for those kind words, Brother Patrick, and for a better understanding of how the Perfect Prayer manifests our true needs and desires in life.

Daniel, my friend,

Do YOU have any idea what it feels like to hear these sage words?   I mean, you are easily the most intelligent human being I have ever encountered in my entire life~! {on This planet.. }

On my own I think I have about 40-54 brain cells still working...  ;)

I am totally humbled and again, 'just one of the Conduits of the One Who Is'~!

{{{CyberGratitude}}}   ::)

br. p
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 12:48:26 am by Br. Patrick »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2008, 05:46:04 pm »

THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!         :-*

I cried because i was so
                                                                                                touched

Beautiful mind