Author Topic: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...  (Read 345622 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2008, 10:08:41 pm »
Can't seem to find anywhere I stored it if you posted it.  Must bear repeating or you wouldn't have mentioned it.  It's wierd because I had been researching the broadcast spectrum when you posted it.  EVERYTHING is Vibrations... i.e., energy...

{{{Cyberhugs and a Great 2008}}}

br. p

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5933.msg125104.html#msg125104
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2008, 11:00:41 pm »
Alright, I will freely admit to being in a very depressed mood right now. And I'm not really certain why...

Right now I just want to curl up and go to sleep... for days if I can. And that makes me very upset with myself, because I realize that is not the healthiest thing in the world to do. I am also becoming angry with myself, though I am trying to pray the Perfect Prayer and bring some semblance of patience and appreciation back into my life. It just doesn't seem to be working. I keep thinking that I've messed up... or that I will need to do something very soon, but I'm not certain what it is, because I'm waiting for a sign that I'm moving in the right direction.

I keep reaching out to other people for support in my latest mental venture... and its just not there. Which makes me think that its not the right direction and there is a part of me that just really really wishes it were. Well, let me modify that. There are a number of people that have been very supportive.... but sometimes you need support from a physical person... and that's what I'm craving right now. I imagine that the midst of January's winter blues might have something to do with this feeling, but how much of it is genuine depression and how much of it is seasonal depression I am hard pressed to reply to.

The sad thing is... that after Christmas is over, I generally have very few things to look forward to. I've tried to look forward to each and every day, but sometimes that does not work out.

Anyway, please advise...

Thanks everyone, Daniel.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2008, 12:43:41 am »
To let everyone in on the butterfly's...

Janice & I both have major problems with unresolved grief.  We have been helping each other, wow, it must be a couple of years by now.  I just shared with her easily the best (poorly made) film on dealing with one's grief that I have ever seen.   The script is so convoluted that it takes several viewings to really get the best out of it.  The butterfly theme is about how we help each other deal with grief by becoming connected with our lost loved ones.  The movie also has made me an absolute fanatic about the star, Sean Patrick Flanery.  The Movie is called "In The Fire" and was made in 2005.   (2005 was a banner year for healing films~!)  amazon.com sells it for 9.95 and it's worth it if anyone following along has unresolved grief issues.  I will close with Pics of the star.  Lord, he is gorgeous~!

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2008, 01:08:08 am »
Alright, I will freely admit to being in a very depressed mood right now. And I'm not really certain why...

There are a number of people that have been very supportive.... but sometimes you need support from a physical person... and that's what I'm craving right now. I imagine that the midst of January's winter blues might have something to do with this feeling, but how much of it is genuine depression and how much of it is seasonal depression I am hard pressed to reply to.

The sad thing is... that after Christmas is over, I generally have very few things to look forward to. I've tried to look forward to each and every day, but sometimes that does not work out.

Anyway, please advise...

Thanks everyone, Daniel.

Daniel~!

Seasonal Affective Disorder
(depression due to reduced levels of natural light) is a Medical Condition.   It can be treated with antidepressant medications and/or a  Broad Spectrum Light Box (you can make your own if you are up to it or they are available commercially).  Somehow I feel the physical person that you need to see right now is either an experienced family doctor familiar with antidepressants and SAD, or any psychiatrist.  I know people with this disorder and have seen the improvement with the proper treatment.

Your story of the Blue Star is incredibly similar in many ways to what I have and continue to experience and makes me intuit that LIGHT is what you need right now.

Hope this helps..

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

p.s., when I was 8 or 9 my friend and I were sleeping outside in the countryside in sleeping bags.  I looked up into the sky at the countless stars and could NOT close my eyes either.  I experienced INFINITY and I will never forget it.  It was 'one' of my many Peak Spiritual Experiences and my second 'connection' with the One Who Is..   The first one happened before I was 3 I think..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 08:45:13 am by Br. Patrick »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2008, 01:38:04 pm »
Thank you for that advice... I think I will try to stay away from anti-depressants though... I've taken them before, and they're... emotionally numbing. They seem to cut off all of my emotional feelings, not just the very bad ones.  I think there's a holistic healer in the area with a full spectrum light box, though.

Either way, I'm feeling much better today. Have worked some more on the ideas and principles that define my inner views which I call the Prismatic Path. That is beautiful unto itself.

Anyway, I will continue to pray the Perfect Prayer until this sense of confusion and missed opportunity completely fades away.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2008, 03:04:05 pm »

Anyway, I will continue to pray the Perfect Prayer until this sense of confusion and missed opportunity completely fades away.

THAT, my dear friend will happen, I mean there isn't any way that i can't!   Agree about drugs dulling the mind - and your mind deservedly requires all of its immense resources that are at your disposal ~ in a whim~!

{{{Cyberhugs}}} and the more physical exercise you can handle will increase your endorphin levels in order to lead your cognition into realms mere mortals rarely occupy..   ::) :P :-*

br. p

Confusion and seemingly missed opportunities are necessary at the stage you're at.  You are developing in ways that we'll both laugh about some day.. if nothing else, simply for the obviousness~!

moremojo

« Reply #206 on: January 14, 2008, 06:46:40 pm »
Daniel, you speak of the perception of needing physical comfort, and I know exactly what you're describing. This kind of physical comfort doesn't need to be sexual (though it can include that) but is rather more fundamental, a simple yet profound reassurance that you're here and you matter...LITERALLY. I remember last summer, when I was seriously contemplating suicide, and my friend Steve sought me out and would stay with me for a spell, just listening to what I had to say. I remember hugging him and feeling the wonderful reassurance of his physical presence, the warmth of his body and the tender reality of the sweat on his clothes. I felt connected to the universe through him, and felt a sense of worth and belonging. That sense helped me get through that time, and helps me today.

I was lucky enough to have a Steve in my life at that moment, but not all fraught moments are endowed with such blessings. What do we do when we have no one but ourselves to love us and reassure us? It may be "second best", but we can do something to remind ourselves that we are loved. Eat a little comfort food--give your feet a well-earned massage--wear soft, cozy clothes--regard yourself in a mirror and recognize the vulnerability and goodness that is you.  And hopefully, while ever being mindful of your own presence and worth, another will come along and freely give evidence of their keen admiration for the You that is you.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2008, 01:32:52 pm »

Bro Patrick

Here are two wonderful videos,   One from my blog,, and one from Scotts.   Placed there by Truman.
                     http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16075.new.html#new

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5546.new.html#new 

enjoy..........friend

Beautiful mind

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2008, 06:15:42 am »

enjoy..........friend

Janice, my sweet Butterfly~!

I thank you most humbly with gratitude.   But you are Much more than a ..friend.. to me~!

{{{{{{{     Janice    }}}}}}}   :-*

br.  p

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »

Bro Patrick:
           heres a song i like,,,,and its title is very fitting to  BBM, and your situation ........... Hope you
like progressive jazz. It's gonna be alright    360 Blue

[youtube=425,350]
[/youtube]

Beautiful mind