Author Topic: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...  (Read 345726 times)

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
Re: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« Reply #270 on: April 02, 2008, 11:28:48 am »
The Perfect Prayer works again....

Engineer my circumstances, Lord, according to your will.
Engineer my circumstances, Lord, according to your will.
Engineer my circumstances, Lord, according to your will, but please... do it quickly.

I think I have learned to let go of my circumstances, over the years, even if I didn't know precisely that's what I was doing, and not try to cling to them because that is the way they have always been done. I have always been one in favor of self-improvement, through whatever means... usually through the adventures of life, and our interactions with other persons, and embracing adventure means letting go of the safe and familiar.  Letting Go and Letting God has helped me in other occasions as well, so why not here?  And knowing the way this works now, since it has happened twice now, leaves me to believe that my life has a plan of some sort, in the works, even if I'm not entirely certain what it is.

Love and light,
Daniel.

Remember that I told you that your life would be "reversed engineered" to prepare you for this.  To me, you just dotted the "i" and crossed the "t's"~! 

Another thing about you that comes out prominently in your Aurora Phantasy.  You definitely have some of what I have begun to call "the Divine" in you.  I know two other people that have it too.  It's a special quality that shares much with our Creator.  The other two people are an old couple from church that are so in love with each other that it makes me speechless.   Your intellect 'spills and overflows' from your words in exactly the same kind of way. 

Be grateful.  You ARE blessed..  but you knew that already, didn't you?   And what plans there are for you!  (I can say this from experience~!)

Light & Love

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #271 on: April 03, 2008, 01:16:24 am »
Hey Br. P.

Checking in to say howdy and see how you're doing, bud.  :)

Hugs your way,
~M

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #272 on: April 03, 2008, 09:44:47 am »
Hey Br. P.

Checking in to say howdy and see how you're doing, bud.  :)

Hugs your way,
~M

I'm having a better one now that I got your message.   I really miss you around here..  Up for more DVDs?

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #273 on: April 07, 2008, 01:57:22 pm »
I'm having a better one now that I got your message.   I really miss you around here.. Up for more DVDs?

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

More DVDs..?
Sounds kool!  ;)
Which new movies have you been enjoying lately?

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2008, 12:42:03 am »
Which new movies have you been enjoying lately?

A great sad little film called "johns" and Canada's own "k.d. lang - Live By Request."  I'll PM you..

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2008, 01:53:04 pm »
Hey there, Brother Patrick!  I received the kd lang CD and Johns - Thank you!!!  I saved the movie for this week.   ;)

If you're around for a chat tomorrow (Wednesday, around 5 Pacific/7 Central) I'd love to see you!  Otherwise, PM me a good time for you.  We need to catch up.  I'm missing you.

:-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #276 on: April 23, 2008, 07:04:29 pm »
Hey P!

I just wanted to let you know that...
I got them!!

Can't wait to pop them in & check 'em out.

Many thanks to ya bud.  :-*
Hugs,
~M

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2008, 12:24:52 pm »
Hey P!

I just wanted to let you know that...
I got them!!

You know there is this long history of monks and hermits and copying things.  We wouldn't have the wisdom of the ancients; Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, etc., if it were not for monks back in those dark ages when very few people could even read.  And the workmanship they put into their work is instantly noticeable.  They would illustrate their pages with elaborate artwork., something you might want to check out.

Here is an old 'woodcut' of a monk copying  -  one hand traces and the other hand copies.   (Most couldn't read what they were copying~!)

{{{Cyberhugs}}}   :-*

br. p

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2008, 12:24:39 am »
I clicked on this thread by accident,except I suspect it probably was anything but.
There is an immense amount of information to read and process.  I now need to go away and mull it over.
I was baptised a Catholic, and though have never had a conscious near death experience,both myself and eldest son were very close to death,when he was born,by emergency section.An event which was precipitated by another non coincidence.So I do feel we were both saved.
Yet I also know beyond any shadow of doubt,that I have been in the presence of evil.This event preceeded the "saved" experience.
I had to drive as if my wheels were on fire,until I reached a church,which I knew inctively would be the only place I would be safe.(odd as I had not set foot in a church in years)
As soon as I hurled myself into the grounds,literally,I relaxed and the terror left me.
I certainly never,ever want to have that terror again,and it was, complete undiluted terror.I was sober and to this day,I can hardly  bear to recall it.
I discussed the incident with a priest, who shed some light on the matter.I was concerned that it was something within me,but the explanation he gave was more plausible.
I have to really think now,how I am going to process all this information, and how it fits into my life.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #279 on: May 30, 2008, 01:19:09 am »
I clicked on this thread by accident,except I suspect it probably was anything but.
There is an immense amount of information to read and process.  I now need to go away and mull it over.
I was baptised a Catholic, and though have never had a conscious near death experience,both myself and eldest son were very close to death,when he was born,by emergency section.An event which was precipitated by another non coincidence.So I do feel we were both saved.
Yet I also know beyond any shadow of doubt,that I have been in the presence of evil.This event preceeded the "saved" experience.
I had to drive as if my wheels were on fire,until I reached a church,which I knew inctively would be the only place I would be safe.(odd as I had not set foot in a church in years)
As soon as I hurled myself into the grounds,literally,I relaxed and the terror left me.
I certainly never,ever want to have that terror again,and it was, complete undiluted terror.I was sober and to this day,I can hardly  bear to recall it.
I discussed the incident with a priest, who shed some light on the matter.I was concerned that it was something within me,but the explanation he gave was more plausible.
I have to really think now,how I am going to process all this information, and how it fits into my life.

Welcome!  And feel free to comment on anything.   I too have been in the presense of Evil.  Spiritually, I call the 'small' ones 'unfriendly's' and I utterly ignore them because they have no power over me and they know it.   There is so much more going on around us than we perceive with our senses.   I can perceive the spiritual realm, which is both a blessing and a curse.  If I sense an 'unfriendly' I do a 'Glinda' on them..  "you have no power here!  Begone! before someone drops a house on you too!"  And they split - pronto.  But it sounds like you are talking about a REALLY unfriendly.

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 04:43:35 am by Br. Patrick »