Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 830119 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1410 on: January 24, 2009, 03:54:31 am »
I'm not trying to change the subject here, but did you ever watch Mamma Mia Jack?

I have been waiting a MONTH to hear your review of the movie. Please don't tell me you haven't watched it yet! >:(

Jack!!

Have you watched it  yet?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1411 on: January 24, 2009, 03:58:25 am »
Heya Jack

Did you say party??

[youtube=425,350]http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=9vbV5WSkr54&feature=related[/youtube]
I am sure you either have a cd or heard of this guy Alejandro Sanz.  Latin music is unfortunately not too popular down this neck of the woods, so  my first introduction to this genre of music was when I visited naturally enough Latin America. I first heard the Sanz in a small restaurant in a town called Flores in Guatemala. Flores is a small island in a lake, its has cobbled stone streets and brightly coloured buidlings. I  stayed there as its a jumping off point to visit the Mayan ruins of Tikal

Tikal:

Recognise this from Star Wars

I remember when I purchased the cd in Canada and I asked the guy if he knew of Alejandro Sanz he gave me the look as if "are you kidding me"  ;D. Oh and by the way I like Tequilla minus the worm ;)

Thanks Matt......no actually I have never heard of Alejandro Sanz, but I like this song very much. I am going to have to find a cd by him. This is a great song. Thanks for posting it. That must have been wonderful in Flores and seeing the Mayan ruins. I hope I get to do that one day. The cobbled stone streets and brightly colored buildings sound so wonderful. I would have my camera out constantly cause I love taking photographs and I love places like that. Yes, I do recognize that from Star Wars!!! Latin music is not really popular here either, but I love it along with many other kinds of music as you can probably see from my blog. Music has always been an important part of my life even when it was before I remembered it. My sister is almost 11 years older than me so I heard the music she even played and she gave me her old 45 rpm records and albums too. I have a very large collection of music.

Yeah I can do without the worm too in tequila. It is funny cause Patrone does not have a worm in it. I did try half a worm one time........I know that is gross, but I can say I did it...lol. I could be on one of the reality shows and actually I want to be......either the Amazing Race or Big Brother, maybe Survivor, but I don't think Survivor is for me. Course you never know. I like challenges and overcoming obstacles I may have.

Offline ZK

« Reply #1412 on: January 24, 2009, 04:34:24 am »
Thanks Matt......no actually I have never heard of Alejandro Sanz, but I like this song very much. I am going to have to find a cd by him. This is a great song. Thanks for posting it. That must have been wonderful in Flores and seeing the Mayan ruins. I hope I get to do that one day. The cobbled stone streets and brightly colored buildings sound so wonderful. I would have my camera out constantly cause I love taking photographs and I love places like that. Yes, I do recognize that from Star Wars!!!

Taking pictures? I took 30 rolls 36 exposures in less than 3 weeks LOL and ya know what they are still not in albums. Thank God for digital age now eh.  Star Wars is still one of my favourite movies too.

Latin music is not really popular here either, but I love it along with many other kinds of music as you can probably see from my blog. Music has always been an important part of my life even when it was before I remembered it. My sister is almost 11 years older than me so I heard the music she even played and she gave me her old 45 rpm records and albums too. I have a very large collection of music.
I haven't had a good look through your blog yet, but I love music as well. I have two brothers one is 10 years older than me and the other 8. I can still remember some of the songs the younger of the two was listening to in his teens ie Billy Don't be a Hero etc etc. Hey that was really nice of your sister to give your 45's and albums too. Sounds like you have a really impressive music collection there.

Yeah I can do without the worm too in tequila. It is funny cause Patrone does not have a worm in it. I did try half a worm one time........I know that is gross, but I can say I did it...lol. I could be on one of the reality shows and actually I want to be......either the Amazing Race or Big Brother, maybe Survivor, but I don't think Survivor is for me. Course you never know. I like challenges and overcoming obstacles I may have.

Eat a worm? you're a braver man than me. Mind you I have eaten roast guinea pig, alligator, ostrich, snails and so forth. Next time I go to Hong Kong snake will definetely be on the menu (told ya I am a carnivore eh). Challenges are great - Amazing Race I could cope with, but  Big Brother or Survivor mmmmm not me. Hey but good for you wanting to be in it and for overcoming  obstacles.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1413 on: January 24, 2009, 04:44:07 am »
Taking pictures? I took 30 rolls 36 exposures in less than 3 weeks LOL and ya know what they are still not in albums. Thank God for digital age now eh.  Star Wars is still one of my favourite movies too.
I haven't had a good look through your blog yet, but I love music as well. I have two brothers one is 10 years older than me and the other 8. I can still remember some of the songs the younger of the two was listening to in his teens ie Billy Don't be a Hero etc etc. Hey that was really nice of your sister to give your 45's and albums too. Sounds like you have a really impressive music collection there.
Eat a worm? you're a braver man than me. Mind you I have eaten roast guinea pig, alligator, ostrich, snails and so forth. Next time I go to Hong Kong snake will definetely be on the menu (told ya I am a carnivore eh). Challenges are great - Amazing Race I could cope with, but  Big Brother or Survivor mmmmm not me. Hey but good for you wanting to be in it and for overcoming  obstacles.

On my first trip to NYC I took over 1000 photos believe it or not. Yes Star Wars is a movie I saw I don't know how many times. Oh yeah Billy Don't Be a Hero..........I rememberr that.  I think from what I know that I am about 5 years older than you so my sister being that much older than me, 11 years, was into the motown and 60s era so I know all that music too and I have it. Then my parents had her when very young so that means they went back into the 50s with elvis and all. So music has always been one of my big things.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1414 on: January 24, 2009, 05:41:53 am »
To Bill Stockton from Cincinnati, Ohio..............I have never forgotten you and I never will. You got stuck in the elevator at the Yachtsman at Myrtle Beach and after you got out we had a wonderful time at the Pavilion. I never got to say goodbye to you. I never was so sad to leave the beach. You remain in my mind until this day and I guess you always will. This is the song that will always remind me of you and that summer. I wish I could have just said goodbye to you and I never got the chance cause my parents had to leave before you got up the day we left:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1415 on: January 24, 2009, 03:13:43 pm »
I need to be looking in my own back yard it seems  ;D

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rlRJCubYy8[/youtube]

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1416 on: January 25, 2009, 11:27:03 am »
{{{Jack}}}

Regrets hurt like hell, don't they.

They sure do Gary, but that is just part of life. Although I have no regrets that he is still in my mind and heart and apparently always will be. There are other people like that and I guess that is again just the way it was meant to be. In a lot of cases I suppose it is chances that were never taken.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1417 on: January 25, 2009, 01:05:18 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out the affect that "Prayers for Bobby" had on me. In some ways it makes me question some of the thoughts I have had. Answers are just not an easy thing.

injest

« Reply #1418 on: January 25, 2009, 01:08:47 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out the affect that "Prayers for Bobby" had on me. In some ways it makes me question some of the thoughts I have had. Answers are just not an easy thing.

like what question for example?

tell us more (if you want to..no pressure)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1419 on: January 25, 2009, 04:12:18 pm »
like what question for example?

tell us more (if you want to..no pressure)

I'm not completely sure, but one question would be: Are gay people different in more ways than just their sexual orientation? There seemed to be a bit of that theme in the movie. You know I have always been more on the side that having a different sexual orientation is just a trait such as having brown eyes or blue eyes. It's certainly a part of you that you cannot change, but how deep does it go? Does it mean that other traits are supposed to be different too?