Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8913593 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13640 on: April 15, 2015, 08:47:02 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Late night bowling, and after Monday's not so good sleep, I'm feeling tired.  I also have to go to a wake tonight, a friend of my father's passed away recently, and I'm friends with his kids on Facebook.  They made a point of telling me about his passing and the arragements, so I can't miss it.

I won't stay long, but at least they'll know I came.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13641 on: April 15, 2015, 08:48:41 am »
Hope everything goes well for your brother!

Mike's surgery went well, thanks.  He's in some pain, but they gave him meds for that.  He should be released in about 2 days or so.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13642 on: April 16, 2015, 08:56:37 am »

Not much longer to go, and on top of that, Friday is payday for me, which I am grateful for!!!

I found 2 more of the Madonna albums I've been looking for (in vinyl format) so once I have them, I only need one more to make the collection complete.  Of course, the one I'm trying to find is apparently hard to get, and expensive.

::) ::)

I also found frames for the albums, so I can hang them on the wall of the living room once I have them all, ready to go.

Have a great day everyone!!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13643 on: April 16, 2015, 05:45:12 pm »
I know what you mean, but that's not what you said!  ;)  :-*

>:(

Hahahaha - whoops!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13644 on: April 17, 2015, 08:32:00 am »

TGIF!

Friday and pay day are always a good combination.  ;D

One of the guys I report to (Dennis) is leaving the bank, today is his last day, so we're taking him out to lunch at a local pub for food and drinks.

After work, I may do some shopping.  I usually save that for Saturday, but I'd like to have a day this weekend to do nothing, so  shopping will  be on the agenda tonight.

Nothing is pressing or on the agenda for the weekend, so I should be able to relax and get some stuff done around the apartment.

:)

Anyone have definite plans?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13645 on: April 20, 2015, 12:13:26 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

Lil' Pound Cake gives Monday the finger!!

I found the frames I've been looking for, on ebay, and for about $40.00 less than what the store would charge!

;D

It is pouring here, hope  others have sunshine!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13646 on: April 22, 2015, 08:47:25 am »

happy hump day Bettermost!

Hoping for a quiet day at work, it was somewhere between yesterday, not quite slow, but  not quite busy.

My supervisor is out of the office today, so I could get caught up on stuff today, if all works out!  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13647 on: April 23, 2015, 09:26:14 am »

Hope everyone is doing well!  ;D

Yesterday was a slow day at work, and I managed to get caught up on a bunch of stuff, and for that I'm grateful! 

I'm expecting a package today when I get home, I'm hoping the UPS man will leave it outside the apartment without a signature.   They are the frames for my record albums.  I want to put all my Madonna albums on the wall as 'art', and I need about 24 frames.    WalMart was selling them in lots of 6, for $40.00, not counting shipping and handling, so we're probably talking close to $200.00.

I found someone selling a lot of 24 frames on ebay for $140.00, no shipping and handling charges, so I've saved myself about $60.00.   :)

Here's what the  living room should look like.  LOL   Funny thing is, they used Madonna's debut cd for the ad.

Of course, I'll have about 20 or so albums to put up.   Ugh!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13648 on: April 24, 2015, 08:35:33 am »

TGIF Bettermosters!

;D

The frames did arrive yesterday!  Damn, the project sure to longer than I expected.  :laugh:   But I'm happy with the results.

Traffic didn't let me get home until 5:15, run to the store to get the 3M fasterners to attach the frames to the wall, back by 5:45, had dinner, was done by 6:30.  That's when I started working on the project, and I finished just about 10:00.

:o

Of course, by that time, I was wired and couldn't sleep, so I went online for a bit.

Here is the living room before.....

and here is the living room now.

Yup, 20 Madonna LPs on display in frames.

The 3 white squares represent the three LPs  i'm missing;  Music, GHV2 (greatest hits vol. 2) and Celebration.   I have two of the LPs on order,  and should arrive soon.  After that, all I  need is Celebration.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13649 on: April 24, 2015, 10:49:27 am »