Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8860354 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14080 on: November 09, 2015, 04:20:11 pm »
No, we never get another day instead.  >:(

A holiday on a weekend is a wasted holiday, so to speak.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14081 on: November 10, 2015, 01:45:38 am »
Happy that Christmas falls on a Friday this year.....

And there I was, thinking "Whut? - It's on Thursday this year!"  ??? :laugh:
Of course it's on Thursday for us, since Christmas Eve is the main day of Christmas. So we have at least two of the three free days, since the second holiday (on a Saturday) is wasted in the same way as it is for Sonja.
Last year was great, holiday-wise. Five free days in a row without needing a vacation day: Christmas Eve on Wednesday (which isn't a holiday, but most people get a free day), then the two holidays on Thu and Fri, followed by a regular weekend. Best possible combination. 8)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14082 on: November 10, 2015, 10:24:51 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hopefully, it will be a very quiet day today!  Nearly the entire team is out in NYC for a day-long event, it's just Pamela and I in the office for our team.   And since we sit in different areas, I have my corner here all to myself!

:)

So if the clients/customers can just take care of themselves today, I may have a free day today.

Tomorrow's off, due to Veteran's Day.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14083 on: November 10, 2015, 10:28:10 am »
they don't give you another day?   For us, if a holiday falls on a Sunday, everything is closed on Monday.

No, we never get another day instead.  >:(

A holiday on a weekend is a wasted holiday, so to speak.

And there I was, thinking "Whut? - It's on Thursday this year!"  ??? :laugh:

Of course it's on Thursday for us, since Christmas Eve is the main day of Christmas. So we have at least two of the three free days, since the second holiday (on a Saturday) is wasted in the same way as it is for Sonja.

Last year was great, holiday-wise. Five free days in a row without needing a vacation day: Christmas Eve on Wednesday (which isn't a holiday, but most people get a free day), then the two holidays on Thu and Fri, followed by a regular weekend. Best possible combination. 8)

Sorry that you guys lose Boxing Day this year, but we don't celebrate it, so we get the best possible combination this year.

1/2 day on Thursday, off Friday, and the usual weekend off, so 3 1/2 mini-vacation, and then it will repeat the following week for New Year's Eve.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14084 on: November 11, 2015, 03:19:14 pm »
In Australia the Boxing day holiday is moved to Monday 28th. In NZ if the employee usually works on a Saturday then it is the 26th, if not then it is the 28th. In NZ the day after New Years day is also a public holiday so the same arrangement.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14085 on: November 11, 2015, 05:03:07 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Hope that everyone is doing well today.  slept in, had some lunch, watched some trashy TV, took a nap.

all in all, a restful day.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14086 on: November 11, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »
In Australia the Boxing day holiday is moved to Monday 28th. In NZ if the employee usually works on a Saturday then it is the 26th, if not then it is the 28th. In NZ the day after New Years day is also a public holiday so the same arrangement.

So you guys do it the same way that wee do, the holiday will be moved to Monday.

The only time I 'lose' is if the holiday falls on a Saturday.  My position doesn't work on Saturday, but the branches are open, so the branches will close, but I would've been closed anyway.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14087 on: November 12, 2015, 09:57:08 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

We'll keep the vets around for another day.

Was a bit of a busy day today (which is why I'm here so late) but things seemed to go pretty well.  I got most of what I needed to accomplished, and hope to be able to do the same tomorrow.

No big plans for the weekend, but plans are being made for Thanksgiving already.  :)  Looks like we'll be gathering at my parents' place for the day.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14088 on: November 12, 2015, 10:32:04 pm »
I was surprised at how many places were closed yesterday! I tried to do some banking and insurance work...no luck!

You're lucky to have family to go to for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday! But I have to celebrate on Wednesday because my family's all booked up the rest of the week!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14089 on: November 14, 2015, 03:13:23 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

Really not much to say.....my heart goes out to everyone who is affected by what happened in Paris.  All those people, just going about their lives, enjoying the start of the weekend, and now they're all dead.

God help them all.