Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8866980 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14280 on: February 15, 2016, 05:47:04 pm »
I don't know what your eye is made of, but it closes right up afterward. It's like putting a spoon in applesauce and pulling it out again.

The skin-cancer surgery was far more traumatic -- blood, stitches, aftercare. But frankly that's really not that big a deal either.

Now I want to know what the eyeball is made up of.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14281 on: February 16, 2016, 01:37:20 am »
Now I want to know what the eyeball is made up of.  LOL

Here you go:

From Wikipedia:
The vitreous humor contains no blood vessels, and 98-99% of its volume is water (as opposed to only 75% in the cornea). In addition to water, the vitreous consists of salts, sugars, vitrosin (a type of collagen), a network of collagen type II fibrils with glycosaminoglycan, hyaluronan, opticin, and a wide array of proteins. Despite having little solid matter, the fluid is substantial enough to fill the eye and give it its spherical shape. The lens, on the other hand, is tightly packed with cells.[2] The vitreous humour has a viscosity two to four times that of water, giving it a gelatinous consistency.

It's practically jelly ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14282 on: February 16, 2016, 09:31:01 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

I hope that everyone is relaxing and enjoying a three-day weekend!

had to do some scraping this morning, but it wasn't too bad.  Travel to work was the usual time and then I have bowlling tonight.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14283 on: February 16, 2016, 09:33:49 am »
Here you go:

From Wikipedia:
The vitreous humor contains no blood vessels, and 98-99% of its volume is water (as opposed to only 75% in the cornea). In addition to water, the vitreous consists of salts, sugars, vitrosin (a type of collagen), a network of collagen type II fibrils with glycosaminoglycan, hyaluronan, opticin, and a wide array of proteins. Despite having little solid matter, the fluid is substantial enough to fill the eye and give it its spherical shape. The lens, on the other hand, is tightly packed with cells.[2] The vitreous humour has a viscosity two to four times that of water, giving it a gelatinous consistency.

Well, thanks!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14284 on: February 16, 2016, 09:51:58 am »
They they roll you into the OR, give you some relaxing medication intravenously, and put something on your eye to hold it open.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14285 on: February 17, 2016, 10:26:54 am »
Here you go:

From Wikipedia:

Hunh. You must have one of those fancy internet gadgets I've heard so much talk about.  ;D

I wondered myself, but somehow it was one of the few things that's ever crossed my mind in the last decade or so where I got curious but didn't think to look it up.

But if I'm watching a movie and the actor playing the janitor looks vaguely familiar and I wonder where else I've seen him, I'm right on it!  :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14286 on: February 17, 2016, 10:28:55 am »

Yes, and then they made me watch really violent movies while also taking a drug that made me sick, and now I've totally lost the urge to beat people up.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14287 on: February 17, 2016, 10:50:21 am »
But if I'm watching a movie and the actor playing the janitor looks vaguely familiar and I wonder where else I've seen him, I'm right on it!  :laugh:

Heh. Movies or TV shows. They never show credits like they used to. Even if the actor playing the janitor doesn't look vaguely familiar--maybe he's just cute and you want to know who he is--thank Heaven for the Internet, Wikipedia, and IMDb!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14288 on: February 17, 2016, 05:11:26 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Family drama can keep life entertaining, can't it?

I won't get into  it, but you haven't seen a wake/funeral until you've gone to an Italian wake/funeral.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14289 on: February 17, 2016, 05:25:23 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Family drama can keep life entertaining, can't it?

I won't get into  it, but you haven't seen a wake/funeral until you've gone to an Italian wake/funeral.

Somebody died?  :o  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.