Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8867311 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14290 on: February 18, 2016, 09:30:32 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Happy Thursday everyone!

No plans for the weekend here, I'm hoping for a nice, quiet two days.  The only thing I need to do is some light cleaning around the aparatment, and take down the Valentine's Day stuff.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14291 on: February 18, 2016, 09:31:17 am »
Yes, and then they made me watch really violent movies while also taking a drug that made me sick, and now I've totally lost the urge to beat people up.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14292 on: February 18, 2016, 09:35:55 am »
Somebody died?  :o  ???

Well, without putting too much family business out there.....

I have a cousin who is living with his girlfriend, they had twins less than two years ago.  During the weeked we got word that one of the twins had died, unknown causes.

Wake was on Tuesday, we got word on Monday the cause was SIDS.

Apparently some people in the family were not happy with how the news was spread, things were taken personally, and someone decided that the appropriate time to bring this up with my cousin was during the wake.

::)

Things have smoothed over now, but causing a scene at the wake of a child was uncalled for.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14293 on: February 18, 2016, 10:15:45 am »
My family is so devoid of drama, both nuclear family of origin and extended. We never have big conflicts over anything. Not even little conflicts, not since I was 20 or so (over stuff like grades or, let's say, my youthful adventures). Everybody just politely gets along. Which is good, I guess, if a little boring.

Now the part of my family that includes me, my ex and my kids, that's another story ...  ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14294 on: February 18, 2016, 10:24:22 am »
I'm very sorry to hear about the death of the baby. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like for a parent.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14295 on: February 18, 2016, 11:47:32 am »
This reminds me of the story of Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt. Don't ever read that unless you like really sad stories.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14296 on: February 18, 2016, 02:09:47 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear about the death of the baby. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like for a parent.  :(

I can't imagine either, and I didn't even get to say anything to my cousin, the drama happened soon after I got there,  and I was one of the people who stayed outside to make sure that the person causing the drama couldn't get back into the funeral home once he was outside.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14297 on: February 18, 2016, 03:18:26 pm »
I was one of the people who stayed outside to make sure that the person causing the drama couldn't get back into the funeral home once he was outside.

Good for you!  :-*

This all just reminds me of the first funeral I attended, for my uncle, my mother's oldest brother. Mother was one of eight children. After the funeral, we all went back to the home of one of my aunts, one of my mother's older sisters, and all they did was argue about things that had happened 30 and 40 years previously.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14298 on: February 18, 2016, 09:49:32 pm »
death brings out the  strange in  some people.

I remember going to a funeral when I was very young, maybe single digits....some relative in Pennsylvania had passed, and we had to trek there and show our respects.

It was the first time I saw people wailing at a funeral, and passing out.   While  people were trying to help her, I could hear my grandmother's shrill voice saying:  "Slap her, someone just slap her!"

:laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14299 on: February 18, 2016, 11:11:40 pm »
death brings out the  strange in  some people.

I remember going to a funeral when I was very young, maybe single digits....some relative in Pennsylvania had passed, and we had to trek there and show our respects.

It was the first time I saw people wailing at a funeral, and passing out.   While  people were trying to help her, I could hear my grandmother's shrill voice saying:  "Slap her, someone just slap her!"

"Half of Chinquapin Parish would give their eye teeth to take a whack at Ouiser!"