Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8883596 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14320 on: February 26, 2016, 10:32:57 am »

My boss here at work is talking about getting everyone out for an afternoon of bowling!  I think it would be fun!

We switched around teams a few times. In the last round, people with roughly equivalent skills were teamed together. I was on the loser team, along with my boss. We joked that our special team signature was that we'd all throw one gutter ball in every turn.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14321 on: February 26, 2016, 01:27:41 pm »

My boss here at work is talking about getting everyone out for an afternoon of bowling!  I think it would be fun!

Our holiday bowling expedition was on company time, as are all the holiday parties. Otherwise, nobody would attend!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14322 on: February 27, 2016, 12:42:08 pm »
We switched around teams a few times. In the last round, people with roughly equivalent skills were teamed together. I was on the loser team, along with my boss. We joked that our special team signature was that we'd all throw one gutter ball in every turn.

:laugh:

My team on the league isn't much better.  Our team name is "Bearly Bowling".  lol

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14323 on: February 27, 2016, 12:43:01 pm »
Our holiday bowling expedition was on company time, as are all the holiday parties. Otherwise, nobody would attend!  :laugh:

Well, I think it would start off on company time, and then end up on personal  time. we'd have to see about that.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14324 on: February 29, 2016, 01:10:52 pm »

Since I'm a contract worker, I always count company parties as billable working hours. But they're fun enough that I'd almost go anyway. They always feature free food, open bars and interesting venues. And I like most of my coworkers.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14325 on: February 29, 2016, 01:41:03 pm »
Since I'm a contract worker, I always count company parties as billable working hours. But they're fun enough that I'd almost go anyway. They always feature free food, open bars and interesting venues. And I like most of my coworkers.

Wow! They let you bill them for time spent attending a party?

Our parties have been mixed bags over the years. There is always free food, rarely free liquor, sometimes interesting venues. But we all do generally get along well.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14326 on: February 29, 2016, 04:40:08 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Took today off as I was out late last night for the Oscar party, it was a lot of fun.

:)

Doing laundry now, and I feel like I could take a nap.  lol

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14327 on: March 02, 2016, 09:52:32 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

LOL, well,  with as little as I drink lately, if that's all it takes to have an intervention, a lot more people would be having them.

:laugh:

Happy hump day everyone!  Hope that the rest of the week goes by quickly, and we slide our way to the weekend!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14328 on: March 02, 2016, 02:07:57 pm »
What is an intervention?

I want to tell you that yesterday I went to our Town Hall and swore allegiance to New Zealand.
I am now proud to be a Kiwi.
I took 4 friends to lunch beforehand. My sister sent me the money for the lunch. I know she would have liked to come but it would have been a waste of money to fly so far when she was here last October and she and her husband are coming to NZ on a cruise and (weather gods permitting) the ship will spend a day in Dunedin on April 11.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14329 on: March 02, 2016, 09:12:01 pm »
Wow! They let you bill them for time spent attending a party?

Well, it's on the honor system, so I guess it's my decision when I add up my hours to invoice. But I think it seems reasonable. The parties are explicitly organized as team-bonding events. The free food and drinks and interesting venues are nice, but I can't say I'd necessarily attend them if I didn't work there. It's similar to having dinner with a potential client.

Besides, it's a global Fortune 500 corporation; as a contract worker I don't get health insurance, PTO or any other benefits, so I figure they can pay me for a couple of hours of partying now and then.

Justifying, much?  ::)

Recently the boss sent out a message saying she'd be hosting a happy hour that very evening to introduce someone from another office. I asked a coworker if she was planning to go. "I don't think we have a choice," she said. (That seemed a little extreme, but still.)