Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8881719 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14440 on: April 13, 2016, 09:02:05 pm »

I've been told I should do this, but I wonder if it would make the dreams even more intense.  LOL   Some nights I feel like I got no sleep as it is, trying to delve into them even more could be a disaster.  LOL

The author Graham Greene apparently did this, and says it invigorated his writing.

http://www.amazon.com/World-My-Own-Dream-Diary/dp/0670852791

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14441 on: April 14, 2016, 09:16:42 am »
The author Graham Greene apparently did this, and says it invigorated his writing.

http://www.amazon.com/World-My-Own-Dream-Diary/dp/0670852791

hmmmmmm - I may have to give it a try.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14442 on: April 14, 2016, 09:26:43 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

I can't remember the last time I did something 'cultural'......I'm just a slug!  :laugh:

I have to do some re-arranging this weekend, there is some sort of bowling brunch event on Sunday, when is when I do  my laundry, so I'm thinking of making Saturday a full on - chore day, get the laundry, shopping and cleaning done, and then Sunday is free for the brunch, and anything else I may want to do.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14443 on: April 14, 2016, 01:05:49 pm »
Well, after getting the laundry, shopping and cleaning done, probably all you may want to do is slouch on the couch   :D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14444 on: April 14, 2016, 03:20:22 pm »
Tsk Tsk
I have had a practice this week for my week in Vienna
Last Saturday night I went to the Dunedin Symphony Orchestra, They had their 50th anniversary. Kept talking about February 1966 which made me feel strange as I began teaching on Feb 1, 1966.
Anyway it was wonderful combining with the Dunedin City Choir (who also sung with them at their first performance in 1966). They performed Beethovens 9th symphony in the 2nd half. The first half was a mixture of choir, solos and duets. The four soloists were all Kiwis, 2 from Dunedin although now singing worldwide. I had never heard the tenor before. His singing was great and very easy on the eye as well  ;D
The Town Hall was packed.

Monday night was the NZ Chamber Music to which I have also subscribed this year. A French Quartet (Harpsichord, Viola da Gamba and 2 violins) called Les Talens Lyriques. They played French Baroque music, pleasant but a taste I need to develop.

Then last night was the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra with Brahms Concerto for Violin and Cello and then more Beethoven Symphony number 5
My week in Vienna in May will include 3 operas, 2 operettas and 2 symphony concerts.
My house is even clean for once as my sister and brother-in-law spent the day on a cruise ship in Dunedin last Monday. I scrubbed and cleaned the week before and they were in the house just on an hour for afternoon tea. I drove well over 100km though. My sister visits every year but my BiL had not been here since 2010.

You can clean, Chuck. I will do the culture.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:32:00 pm by brian »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14445 on: April 15, 2016, 08:51:46 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

I may still be single, but at least I'm not living with the parents!  :laugh:

Friday and pay day today, that's always a good thing!  plan to relax a bit today, spend Saturday cleaning, shopping and laundry.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:27:20 pm by CellarDweller »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14446 on: April 15, 2016, 08:52:50 am »
You can clean, Chuck. I will do the culture.  ;D

sounds like a plan to me!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14447 on: April 16, 2016, 10:51:46 am »
slept really poorly last night.  I had a nightmare about a little girl with a possessed doll, who killed her entire family, and then burned the house down.  I hadn't watch any kind of movie like that, so I don't know what made me think of that.    Anyway, it woke me at 4am, and I tried to get back to sleep, but the nightmare kept coming back,  so I  moved to  the couch  with a blanket,  and slept on and  off until I had to get  up for work.

Apparently you're not alone in having some really odd dreams. I had one last night. It wasn't a nightmare, but I dreamed I was escaping the Nazis with Julie Andrews and the rest of the Von Trappe family!  :laugh:

I think I know where that dream came from, too. I had Nazis on the brain. I hesitate to write this, because I don't want to offend, but last evening I was thinking about FR babysitting for her daughter while daughter runs the Donald Trump event. I thought to myself, "How can Daughter support that fascist (Trump)?" and I felt sorry for FR. Then I thought to myself, Well, I called Trump a fascist, not a Nazi, so that rule about bringing Nazis into an argument doesn't really apply.  ;D  So that was how I had Nazis on the brain last night, and went to bed to dream I was in The Sound of Music!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:13:45 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14448 on: April 16, 2016, 02:20:05 pm »
lol  :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKDSziSWwI[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14449 on: April 16, 2016, 02:31:00 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

So far, so good on this Saturday....slept in, did some shopping, and he laundry is going now.  Once the laundry is done, I have to put stuff away, get dinner and file away some CDs in the apartment.