Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8883201 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14540 on: June 20, 2016, 02:50:00 pm »
Well, it wasn't his awkwardness or young age I was referring to in my OP, rather his sudden and surprising appearance in someone's home.

Chuck, I promise I'll find a more fitting guy for you next time you sneak out of work!  :D

I'd rather the bearded blonde, thanks!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14541 on: June 20, 2016, 03:01:06 pm »
Winter solstice here (apparently in about 4 hours) but much of the country is having the warmest temperatures on record for this date. May was warmer than January?? Yesterday was cold here in Dunedin, it did not go above 8'C all day. However my elderly group still walked in the drizzle then went for coffee. It rained heavier as we were driving home.
Today is suppose to be 14'C and the morning will be fine for my younger hiking group (more my age). Being winter, we will finish by lunchtime and most of us will go somewhere for lunch.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14542 on: June 21, 2016, 11:03:32 am »
That is a really good question.  Are you friends with Dave Cullen on FB?  Perhaps you should post it to his wall.  He may have an answer.

Maybe I will. We're FB friends, but we're not friends-friends, so I'm a little uncomfortable asking him such a big question.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14543 on: June 21, 2016, 11:21:36 am »
I'd rather the bearded blonde, thanks!

Blonde is the spelling for a female. A guy is blond.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14544 on: June 21, 2016, 08:07:20 pm »
Blonde is the spelling for a female. A guy is blond.

I never heard that.  I always wondered why one had an  'e'.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14545 on: June 22, 2016, 03:42:13 pm »

I'm sorry if that sounds coldhearted. I think it's more like desensitized, unfortunately.  :-\  :'(

You're not the only one, Chuck.  I stopped reading the headlines years ago right after the Aurora, CO "Dark Knight" tragedy.  I don't want to know anymore.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14546 on: June 22, 2016, 07:12:13 pm »
You're not the only one, Chuck.  I stopped reading the headlines years ago right after the Aurora, CO "Dark Knight" tragedy.  I don't want to know anymore.

I'm not Chuck, but that's OK.  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14547 on: June 22, 2016, 07:22:43 pm »
I never heard that.  I always wondered why one had an  'e'.

It's like fiancé and fiancée. The former is for a man, the latter for a woman. When I first moved to New Orleans, I didn't realize this -- I thought the extra e was just to indicate the pronunciation -- and I applied for a bunch of jobs saying I had just moved there with my fiancée. No wonder I didn't get the jobs back in them days -- homophobes! (Either that, or they preferred hiring a writer who knew how to spell.)

Jeff, is a man with dark hair a brunette?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14548 on: June 22, 2016, 09:21:41 pm »
It's like fiancé and fiancée. The former is for a man, the latter for a woman. When I first moved to New Orleans, I didn't realize this -- I thought the extra e was just to indicate the pronunciation -- and I applied for a bunch of jobs saying I had just moved there with my fiancée. No wonder I didn't get the jobs back in them days -- homophobes! (Either that, or they preferred hiring a writer who knew how to spell.)

Jeff, is a man with dark hair a brunette?

You're a writer and an editor; you should know--especially after living in New Orleans.  ;D

I would use brunet for a man. That's what I get for seven years of French classes in school.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14549 on: June 25, 2016, 03:44:45 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

Well, so far, a productive day.

Woke about 10, did some cleaning, changed the bedding, went grocery shopping, put the food away, continued cleaning, and now, I think it's time for a nap.

When I wake, I'll continue with the cleaning.  :)  The past few weekends I've been doing light cleanings.  This weekend, I'm taking things off of shelves so I can dust the shelves and items.

It's overdue, and needed to be done.