Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8745883 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14550 on: June 27, 2016, 09:38:24 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

actually, I record nothing, and I don't "binge watch" things either.

:laugh:

Very productive weekend for me, and now, I'm back at work, feeling tired.   LOL

That's ok, next week is July 4th, and I took the whole week off for vacation.  I'll be rested :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14551 on: June 27, 2016, 12:47:27 pm »
With all that cleaning, you'll soon wear holes in the floor and walls, Chuck!

You'd better be careful before you suddenly fall through the floor and end up on top of your neighbour!!!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14552 on: June 28, 2016, 09:03:24 am »

Thankfully, no cold here!  ;D

I just realized I'm going on vacation next week.  I really need to get this cubicle clean this week!  :laugh:

Time to stop putzing around and do it!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14553 on: June 29, 2016, 09:08:05 am »

Some crazy excitement at the office today.

Apparently, the thunderstorms we had last night knocked out power to our office building.  Today about 75% of the people here don't have phones or internet/email access.

I'm one of the few who do.  Fun!!

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14554 on: June 29, 2016, 10:56:53 am »
I wish I had as much fun as married people imagine I have had through the years! :D
Like when someone asks if I'm staying out of trouble,,,,,at my age it's pretty hard to GET in trouble! :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14555 on: June 29, 2016, 11:04:58 am »
Like when someone asks if I'm staying out of trouble,,,,,at my age it's pretty hard to GET in trouble! :laugh:

LOL

People will say to me "stay out of trouble" and I'll always answer "Do I have to?" and then think to myself, "Oh, who am I kidding?"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14556 on: June 29, 2016, 11:47:44 am »
LOL

People will say to me "stay out of trouble" and I'll always answer "Do I have to?" and then think to myself, "Oh, who am I kidding?"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14557 on: June 30, 2016, 09:44:28 am »

I soooooooooo agree with this card...why do we have to be he 8 hours?  slash it to four!!D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14558 on: June 30, 2016, 10:03:25 am »
For a long time economists predicted that increased automation and productivity would allow people to work fewer hours, that by the 21st century we would all be working four hours a day or maybe less. Instead, as a population we work more hours than before. The explanation, I guess, is that we feel we need increasing amounts of fancy stuff and have to work to pay for it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14559 on: June 30, 2016, 11:01:36 am »
For a long time economists predicted that increased automation and productivity would allow people to work fewer hours, that by the 21st century we would all be working four hours a day or maybe less. Instead, as a population we work more hours than before. The explanation, I guess, is that we feel we need increasing amounts of fancy stuff and have to work to pay for it.

There is a famous sequence in the wonderful old movie Dinner at Eight, where Jean Harlow tells Marie Dressler that she's been reading a funny sort of book where the author says that eventually machines will be doing everything for us, and Dressler responds that that isn't anything Harlow will have to worry about. ...

We do need to pay for our fancy stuff, but I think perhaps the main reason why so many people are working even more than before is fear--fear that somebody else will get ahead of us, fear that we'll lose our jobs if we don't appear to be working enough.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.