Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8901609 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14590 on: July 26, 2016, 11:01:44 am »
But then I am addicted to my computer, this morning I turned it on and it wanted to update the system which took about 20 minutes while I drank my coffee and drummed my fingers
 ;D

been there, done that!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14591 on: July 27, 2016, 10:51:29 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

^^^^^^^^^^

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now there's a scary thought........the other person in the dark room thinking....."What the hell is that?"

Happy Hump Day everyone!

I'm going out to lunch with my supervisor (Minh) as we need to get a few small gifts and decorations.  Three people in our office were let go, their positions were considered "redundant".

However, the good news is that two are at retirement age, and have been debating leaving anyway.  The third person was ready for a change, and working on her resumé.

We are all meeting at a local Charlie Brown's for happy hour at 4:30 today.  I'll leave a bit earlier to put out gifts and decor.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14592 on: August 02, 2016, 08:56:39 am »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nothing better than being miserable together, huh?

Well, I can't say I'm feeling miserable, because today I'm actually feeling positive.  :)

Hoping that today I can get my cubicle a little cleaned up today.  LOL

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14593 on: August 03, 2016, 09:06:32 am »

Made it to mid-Week!  :)

Hope that everyone has been having  a great week so far!  Olympics start this Friday!!!   :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14594 on: August 04, 2016, 01:50:14 am »
Olympics start this Friday!!!   :)

Our family vacation starts this Friday! Two weeks Scotland and Wales; trying to meet up with Kelda and family. :)
First time we're only three for the family vacation; oldest daughter has to work and middle child is on her own trip in Japan.  *sigh* they grow up way too fast.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14595 on: August 04, 2016, 08:50:58 am »

Our family vacation starts this Friday! Two weeks Scotland and Wales; trying to meet up with Kelda and family. :)
First time we're only three for the family vacation; oldest daughter has to work and middle child is on her own trip in Japan.  *sigh* they grow up way too fast.

Didn't you just get back from a vacation? And I don't even mean the American one, but one that, as I recall, included the Black Forest?

How old are your kids? I agree that they grow up too fast. Although judging from the condition of my house this summer with my sons home from college, you'd think sometimes they don't grow up at all.

I read something by the writer Gretchen Rubin (or at least she quoted it) that I think really captures it: The days are slow, but the years are fast.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14596 on: August 04, 2016, 10:47:44 am »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I swear, some of these pages kill me!

How is everyone doing?  I'm finding myself on a positive track this week, and I'm grateful for that.  Taking steps to make sure it continues to be positive.

The two guys I report to are taking time off this month, so I assume that I'll be slower than usual, which works for me!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14597 on: August 04, 2016, 10:48:45 am »

Oh, have a great time, Chrissi!!!  we'll be here  waiting here for ya!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14598 on: August 04, 2016, 10:50:09 am »
How old are your kids? I agree that they grow up too fast. Although judging from the condition of my house this summer with my sons home from college, you'd think sometimes they don't grow up at all.

LOL  :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14599 on: August 04, 2016, 11:29:56 am »
Didn't you just get back from a vacation? And I don't even mean the American one, but one that, as I recall, included the Black Forest?

Yep, that was two weeks ago and it was only a long weekend in Vosges, Alsace and Black Forest. France is only an hour from where I live.

How old are your kids? I agree that they grow up too fast.

20, 17 (going on 18) and short of 13.
The day after her 18th birthday my middle child (yep, the Japan one) wants to go on her first trip without an adult. She and her friend (same age) want to go to Amsterdam. I'm not happy about two very young girls alone in a huge city. Trying to persuade them on Berlin instead of Amsterdam. Would at least be the same country. But I do know where my kids got their travel bug from.... :-X :laugh:

Although judging from the condition of my house this summer with my sons home from college, you'd think sometimes they don't grow up at all.

Lol. Not hard to imagine. :laugh:

I read something by the writer Gretchen Rubin (or at least she quoted it) that I think really captures it: The days are slow, but the years are fast.

Yeah, the years seem to go by faster and faster as you grow older, kids or no kids.
But in your kids it's especially evident. Parents have 20 years or so to have them under their wings, which is not a long period in your life, considering people nowadays live around 80 years.
But one day there'll be grandchildren! 8)