Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8904517 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #14600 on: August 05, 2016, 09:29:17 am »

Hello Bettermost Friends!

So, who has plans for the weekend?

Tonight I'll be cleaning the apartment a bit.

Saturday I have a "good-bye" party for a cousin who is moving away.

Sunday will be laundry and family day. 

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14601 on: August 06, 2016, 10:28:43 am »
The day after her 18th birthday my middle child (yep, the Japan one) wants to go on her first trip without an adult. She and her friend (same age) want to go to Amsterdam. I'm not happy about two very young girls alone in a huge city. Trying to persuade them on Berlin instead of Amsterdam. Would at least be the same country. But I do know where my kids got their travel bug from.... :-X :laugh:

I know, I worry when my kids go anywhere. Like my younger son, 20, is driving to Chicago today for a couple of days to look for a new apartment to live in during the school year. He'll be fine -- he still has his old apartment in Chicago, so he has a place to stay -- but still I'm somewhat worried because that's just me. I'll want him to call me when he gets there, plus other times during his stay. If I have something short to say, I can text him.

Then I think of how I moved out west when I was 19. I drove out with my friend Karen, in a little car she'd bought from her mother for $1 that had a hole in the floor through which you could see the highway. We had a few hundred dollars apiece but didn't know where we were going to work or live once we arrived. We got to Aspen, CO, our original destination, then decided to leave because it was expensive and the drinking age was 21 (at the time, it was 18 in many states) and we wanted not only to be able to drink but to wait tables in restaurants that served alcohol, so at the last minute we went to Sun Valley, ID, instead. Found an apartment, jobs, etc. Had a great time. I returned to Minnesota in the fall but went back to Sun Valley again the next summer.

My parents let me do it and I don't even remember them seeming that worried! And they couldn't keep in touch with us by cell phone -- even a landline call in those days was expensive "long distance," so we weren't in frequent contact. Were parents just less nervous back then, or what?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14602 on: August 08, 2016, 10:24:49 am »

I did leave the apartment, so there!

The family reunion/good-bye party for Scotty jr. was a lot of fun!  Saw a bunch of my cousins again, and had some laughs and drinks!

Sunday was the usual.....laundry and dinner with the family.

and now......back in my cubicle.

:)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14603 on: August 09, 2016, 10:43:07 am »

LMAO!  Talk about confused priorities!

Anyway, how is everyone?

Sunny and hot here today, but not as humid as it has been, so that's a blessing.

I can't believe that in less than a month, it will be Labor Day.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14604 on: August 10, 2016, 10:00:40 am »

Happy hump day!

Hope that everyone's doing well!   The positivity I found myself in not long ago continues to surround me, so I'm feeling good! 

No plans for the weekend yet, which is fine, considering last weekend was a bunch of traveling for me.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14605 on: August 11, 2016, 09:20:50 am »

Getting closer to the weekend!

Hope everyone  has some cool stuff planned to do, if that's what they want.  LOL  I'm thinking I'll  have a quiet weekend, and that suits me just fine for now!  Weather is calling for hot and muggy, so I'd rather stay at home anyway.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14606 on: August 12, 2016, 09:10:20 am »

Good morning!

Here in my cubicle, getting ready for the start of the day!  It's quiet, and someone decided to bring in some warm bagels.  Very nice!

My coworker and supervisor are both coming here later today, so I'm by myself.  :)

Thunderstorms are predicted here for today, tomorrow and Sunday.   Sounds like it will be an indoor weekend.                                                                                         

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14607 on: August 12, 2016, 07:09:56 pm »
I hope  you have a wonderful weekend, Chuck!

Me, I'm looking forward to some solitude on Saturday, a rare weekend day when I don't have a million things scheduled. Sunday will be busy with mom and grandkids.

I felt like I had won the lottery yesterday. There was a lovely downpour in the evening but it was clear for the Perseid Meteor Shower in the very early morning.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14608 on: August 12, 2016, 09:03:25 pm »
It was clear for the Perseid Meteor Shower in the very early morning.

How nice!  :D  You can never see it around here.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #14609 on: August 15, 2016, 03:41:01 pm »

If you have to question whether or not today's pic is about you, it probably is.

;D

I'm just taking some time to be introspective.  I may not have the nicest place to live, or car to drive, but ya know what?  I'm happy, and that's all I care about.

Anyway, on to important stuff......How is everyone today?  Work is quiet, so I'm getting caught up on some stuff, and keeping busy in general.

Had some extra cash this week after everything was said and done, so I went on a shopping spree for a charitable cause.  The United Way is running an event called "Stuff the Bus", it's a charity drive where you buy school supplies, and they're donated to kids whose parents can't afford to buy them.  I went to a place called "Five Below"  (all stock is below $5.00) and for $100.00 managed to get 5 sets of the following items:  Backpack, pencil case, three ring binder, composition book, pencils, pencil sharpeners, pens, glue, crayons, spiral notebook, 3 hole-punched lined paper, folders. 

Five young students will be supplied for school with all those items.  :)

My mom and dad even did shopping over the weekend and gave me a bunch of supplies when I saw them on Sunday, because they wanted to contribute too.