Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8681387 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15250 on: December 17, 2017, 03:23:33 pm »
Was a busy weekend.

I spent Friday making dough for Christmas cookies, and Saturday doing laundry and baking cookies.  I started at 10 and was done by 4.  Then I went home (the baking was done at my parents' place), made two strombolis and then went to a Christmas party at my friends' house.

On top of that, my coworker was  on vacation this week, so I stayed late every night, and was doing my job and hers, so I was very tired by Saturday night.  I went to bed at midnight, and slept until 10am today.

:o

I have some shopping to do today, but other than that,  I can spend it relaxing.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15251 on: December 18, 2017, 11:20:23 pm »
Enjoyed having today off work.  I have tomorrow off as well.

:)

I had the Verizon Fios guy here today.   Earlier this month I went to a Verizon store, to get a cord for my phone, to connect it to my radio, and play Christmas music.   I was determined not to fall for any new products.

After the salesman at the store pulled up my account, he made a few adjustments that would lower my monthly bill.   Then he talked to me about my cable/internet connection, which was through Comcast/Xfinity.  Turns out that Verizon/Fios could get me the same package I had with Comcast, for $100.00 less a month.

My connection was set up today, and it was a bit of a mess!   LOL   At first, we couldn't find the box that the tech needed to set up the connection, and it turned out it was set up in my closet, so I had to empty everything out for him to set it up.  It was done quickly after that, but then I had to straighten up everything that was now spread out all over my bed, and put it back into the closet.

::)  :laugh:

Nothing is ever easy, but at least I'm up and running, and now saving money!  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15252 on: December 19, 2017, 12:37:20 am »
, for $100.00 less a month.
???? My internet and landline phone package is just $90 a month. I pay another $16 per month for my cell phone( calls are expensive but I rarely make any, only possess a cell phone for emergencies.). I plan to look for a cheaper deal in January because Vodafone (my current provider) stopped providing email on November 30.
I only watch free to air TV.

Offline Corax

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #15253 on: December 19, 2017, 06:21:17 am »
Oh, that's still very expensive! I have to pay about 70 Euros per month for internet access (fiber optic cable), cellphone and my daughter's cellphone. My friends always try to make me change my provider, because in their opinion it's too expensive.  :o

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15254 on: December 19, 2017, 10:35:28 am »
???? My internet and landline phone package is just $90 a month. I pay another $16 per month for my cell phone( calls are expensive but I rarely make any, only possess a cell phone for emergencies.). I plan to look for a cheaper deal in January because Vodafone (my current provider) stopped providing email on November 30.
I only watch free to air TV.

The service I had was an expanded package that had some premium channels and access to additional channels not on a basic package, as well as my internet access.  The cost was $249.00 per month.   The new package I have gives me all the channels I had before, and the internet access, for $149.00.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15255 on: December 19, 2017, 10:37:41 am »
Oh, that's still very expensive! I have to pay about 70 Euros per month for internet access (fiber optic cable), cellphone and my daughter's cellphone. My friends always try to make me change my provider, because in their opinion it's too expensive.  :o

Verizon/ Fios has a basic package that includes internet, tv and phone for $79.99 a month, but I wanted access to certain channels that were not on the basic package.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15256 on: December 19, 2017, 10:52:43 am »
Chuck, I was at a brunch on Sunday with about eight people, and I mentioned Coke Life. Nobody had heard of it.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15257 on: December 19, 2017, 02:46:38 pm »
We have Sky TV by satellite. (I have a dish connected to my house but have never used it) but they still have adverts and I hate adverts. I rarely watch the TV for more than 2 to 3 hours each night and mostly that is news. When I had cable installed 2 years ago and had it put behind the TV but have not learnt how to connect it yet.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15258 on: December 20, 2017, 12:34:22 am »
Chuck, I was at a brunch on Sunday with about eight people, and I mentioned Coke Life. Nobody had heard of it.

Now I want  you to find it and taste it.  LOL

Offline Corax

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #15259 on: December 20, 2017, 06:55:12 am »

Now I want  you to find it and taste it.  LOL

coke life is the green one with stevia instead of sugar or aspartame. It was sold for a couple of months in my city, and I tasted it once. Didn't taste good, kind of a bitter tart.  I still prefer the original coke.