Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680795 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15390 on: February 20, 2018, 10:40:39 am »
Have been doing some online "window shopping", found some new end tables I want, and the counter top dishwasher I've been looking for.  I'm thinking I will order them next weekend, and then pick them up at the store when they arrive.

Good plan! I'm curious about the countertop dishwasher -- I'm not familiar with those. Are they big? Expensive?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15391 on: February 20, 2018, 07:54:49 pm »
Good plan! I'm curious about the countertop dishwasher -- I'm not familiar with those. Are they big? Expensive?

They are about the size of a large microwave,  and can hold a setting of 6.   I've seen them for between $200.00 - $300.00.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15392 on: February 21, 2018, 07:53:11 pm »
My review went well, and if all goes according to plan, I will be getting a raise and bonus soon.  ;D   I think I'll use some of my bonus money to get the counter top dishwasher I've been thinking about.

I've found out that I'm getting a 2.5% increase to my hourly rate, so that means an extra $0.70 an hour.   Doesn't seem like much, but it will add up.

I'm also getting my bonus tomorrow.  ;D  I'm looking forward to seeing that in my account.  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15393 on: February 21, 2018, 09:59:45 pm »

I've found out that I'm getting a 2.5% increase to my hourly rate, so that means an extra $0.70 an hour.   Doesn't seem like much, but it will add up.

I'm also getting my bonus tomorrow.  ;D  I'm looking forward to seeing that in my account.  :)

Wow, those are great, Chuck! What a nice company. Now I have two reasons to get a job there! :laugh: Tell me if they're looking for a copywriter or PR person.  ;)

What are you going to do -- save? splurge? a little of both?

(Sorry, I just realized that over on Lee's thread we were discussing the propriety of telling people financial stuff, so I certainly didn't mean to be too nosy about your finances. Just curious. Windfalls are fun!)

Of course, the advice I always hear is that when you get a raise you should just put that much more into savings. You won't miss it because you weren't living on it before, and it will add up. But the bonus, on the other hand -- maybe that could be your Fun Fund!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15394 on: February 21, 2018, 11:12:53 pm »
But the bonus, on the other hand -- maybe that could be your Fun Fund!

If it's a nice piece of change, you could also put it aside for travel--sort of delaying the fun a bit.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15395 on: February 22, 2018, 07:11:05 pm »
If it's a nice piece of change, you could also put it aside for travel--sort of delaying the fun a bit.

No traveling for the near future.....I'm enjoying staying close  to home at the moment.  I'm sure the urge to go somewhere different will strike at one point.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15396 on: February 22, 2018, 07:29:55 pm »
Wow, those are great, Chuck! What a nice company. Now I have two reasons to get a job there! :laugh: Tell me if they're looking for a copywriter or PR person.  ;)

What are you going to do -- save? splurge? a little of both?

Some will go into savings, some for new clothes, and some for the counter top dishwasher, and two new end tables with storage.

Measures: 21.65L x 19.69W x 17.24H in.  Can hold a 6 settings

20L x 20W x 23.5H inches -  slightly  bigger than  the end tables I have now, which have no storage capabilities.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15397 on: February 23, 2018, 09:41:09 am »
Nice! Is the countertop dishwasher hooked into you apartment's water supply like a regular dishwasher would be?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15398 on: February 23, 2018, 10:08:18 am »
I've seen tiny portable apartment-size washing machines that are on wheels for storage, and when you want to use it, you hook the hose to the kitchen faucet.

I've never seen how the water is emptied, however. Maybe there's a second hose that you put in the kitchen sink.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15399 on: February 23, 2018, 07:04:04 pm »
Nice! Is the countertop dishwasher hooked into you apartment's water supply like a regular dishwasher would be?

It hooks up to your kitchen faucet, and then there is a drainage hose that goes to the sink, like Jeff said.