Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 2821557 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15530 on: April 15, 2018, 05:35:33 am »
That  was Chrissi......I remember that being in the poem I wrote at the event.

"Chrissi being scared of psycho-children in the woods"

OMG, that's so long ago now :o
I remember children jumping out of the woods, seemingly coming from nowhere while the music of Psycho (the movie) played in the car. Thus Psycho children. A little bit creepy.
But what really had me scared was you, Chuckie! You made me laugh so hard I was scared I might pee my pants any second and all I could do was to whimper Stop it! with tears of laughter running down my face. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, and then the Yellowstone Ghost stories at Goff Creek! Idiot me asked why you're reading ghost stories from Yellowstone (of all places) while we're basically still in Yellowstone. You showed me the cover and the book's title was Yellowstone Ghost Stories. That was the whole point of it! We had a good laugh about that, too. :laugh: O0
Looking back it was some high-class entertainment to read out stories to a group at night! People should do that more often.

It's possible I was freaked out by the dog,  but I just don't remember.  :laugh:  After a while, all these  trips blend into each other!  LOL

I think it was Henry who was freaked out by the three legged dog.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15531 on: April 15, 2018, 10:24:35 am »
That  was Chrissi......I remember that being in the poem I wrote at the event.

"Chrissi being scared of psycho-children in the woods"

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15532 on: April 15, 2018, 10:30:58 am »
OMG, that's so long ago now :o

I remember children jumping out of the woods, seemingly coming from nowhere while the music of Psycho (the movie) played in the car. Thus Psycho children. A little bit creepy.

But what really had me scared was you, Chuckie! You made me laugh so hard I was scared I might pee my pants any second and all I could do was to whimper Stop it! with tears of laughter running down my face. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, and then the Yellowstone Ghost stories at Goff Creek! Idiot me asked why you're reading ghost stories from Yellowstone (of all places) while we're basically still in Yellowstone. You showed me the cover and the book's title was Yellowstone Ghost Stories. That was the whole point of it! We had a good laugh about that, too. :laugh: O0  Looking back it was some high-class entertainment to read out stories to a group at night! People should do that more often.

I think it was Henry who was freaked out by the three legged dog.

Oh yes, that was the story of the Psycho Children!  :laugh:  Thanks for refreshing my memory!

I do recall the ghost story night, we laughed so hard over the title.   I can still remember that.  I started to read a story, and you suddenly said, "Oh, do you have to read one of the stories from this area?  Can't you pick a different story?"  I remember looking at the cover of the book, showing it to everyone, and saying:  "Ummm......it's called "Yellowstone Ghost Stories".  and we all just burst into laughter!

One very vivid memory was when I gave you the Skittles!  BEST REACTION EVER!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15533 on: April 19, 2018, 10:10:02 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

;D

Have today off work, mom has a doctor's appointment today (nothing serious) and the only available time was when my dad was on his post, so I offered to take time off and take her.

Cold and grey out today, but tomorrow the sun is supposed to come out, and a warming trend is hitting.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brian

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15534 on: April 19, 2018, 02:54:38 pm »
In Australia (not sure about NZ) you can have family leave. Women with children make a lot of use of it. I always knew when one woman was going to take it because she would book all her classes for that day into the library. It made me furious as I looked after the class while the relief teacher read the newspaper.
When my mother moved house about 7 years before her death, my sister wanted me to help, so I took family leave for the only time in my career.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15535 on: April 20, 2018, 09:32:48 am »
We have that, but it generally involves tending to a sick family member and there's no guarantee of pay.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15536 on: April 20, 2018, 10:22:05 am »
We have that, but it generally involves tending to a sick family member and there's no guarantee of pay.

I'm blessed and I know it. My employer offers up to 10 days of Family and Medical Leave Act time off at full pay.

I've used 4 so far this year because of my dad, and I'll use another May 4 to go with him to an appointment with he gastroenterologist.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brian

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15537 on: April 20, 2018, 03:14:32 pm »
There is a limit but it did not concern me and has possibly changed. It wil be 16 years in October since I gave up permanent employment and almost 9 years since I did a day of paid (casual) employment ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15538 on: April 20, 2018, 06:54:12 pm »

Hello Bettermost Friends!

;D

TGIF!

Does anyone have good plans for the weekend?   I will be going to a friend's birthday party tomorrow evening.  Sunday is the usual, lunch with the family and laundry.

:)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15539 on: April 20, 2018, 06:59:52 pm »
In Australia (not sure about NZ) you can have family leave. Women with children make a lot of use of it. I always knew when one woman was going to take it because she would book all her classes for that day into the library.  It made me furious as I looked after the class while the relief teacher read the newspaper.   When my mother moved house about 7 years before her death, my sister wanted me to help, so I took family leave for the only time in my career.

I'm blessed and I know it. My employer offers up to 10 days of Family and Medical Leave Act time off at full pay.

I've used 4 so far this year because of my dad, and I'll use another May 4 to go with him to an appointment with he gastroenterologist.

There is a limit but it did not concern me and has possibly changed. It wil be 16 years in October since I gave up permanent employment and almost 9 years since I did a day of aid (casual) employment ;D

I think it varies from company to company.

It's my understanding that my company doesn't fire you if you take an extended leave, however, your position is not guaranteed.   Example, if I were to take an extended family leave, when it was over, I'd still have a job at the bank, but my old position may be filled, and I'd be  put in a new  position.