Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680252 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15600 on: June 16, 2018, 01:01:20 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Blue skies and mild temps here in NJ today, so I have my windows open and letting fresh air into the place.

Feels good!

Just got back from grocery shopping, and will  be  having lunch in about 30 minutes.

Found a great website!

I like two colognes, "Signature" and "Homme", both by David Beckham. I know he has other scents, but I can never find them. I went to the store that I always get my colognes from, but they were not stocking them anymore.

A quick google search lead me to FragranceNet. When I searched their site, they had ALL of Beckham's scents, and I got 5 full size bottles of various scents, for the same price of the two bottles I would get at the store. They are fresh, smell great, and are NOT imposters, but the true brand colognes.

I ordered them at the end of last week, and they arrived today, earlier than suggested by the site.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15601 on: June 16, 2018, 01:16:25 pm »
I like two colognes, "Signature" and "Homme", both by David Beckham. I know he has other scents,

No doubt Eau de Sweat is one of them!  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15602 on: June 18, 2018, 09:34:07 am »
No doubt Eau de Sweat is one of them!  :laugh:

Becks? Mmm ... tasty!

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15603 on: June 18, 2018, 06:57:08 pm »
Sweaty Beck?  I'd kick him out of bed, and help him with a shower.  ;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15604 on: June 19, 2018, 07:18:06 pm »
Hiya Bettermost friends.

Ended the work day in a good way.  My former supervisor (but still works on my team) has decided that she and her family will move down to Florida, to be closer to her mother, as she is starting to go downhill health-wise.

Nothing major yet, but she wants to be there for her mom when needed.

Side benefit for her is she hates winter, and will now not have to deal with snow.

Her last day isn't for another month or so, but we took her out after work today for a happy-hour good-bye party.  We all had drinks and snacks, and just hung out and talked and laughed.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15605 on: June 20, 2018, 10:39:57 am »
Hiya Bettermost friends.

Ended the work day in a good way.  My former supervisor (but still works on my team) has decided that she and her family will move down to Florida, to be closer to her mother, as she is starting to go downhill health-wise.

Nothing major yet, but she wants to be there for her mom when needed.

Side benefit for her is she hates winter, and will now not have to deal with snow.

Her last day isn't for another month or so, but we took her out after work today for a happy-hour good-bye party.  We all had drinks and snacks, and just hung out and talked and laughed.

Sounds like a nice time! I love coworker happy hours. We used to do them a lot at my old job. The best part was how my boss would set the example: ordering a Grey Goose martini up, extra olives, and then at least one of pretty much every appetizer on the menu. At the end, she would whip out her company American Express card, and I -- a contract worker paid by the hour -- would bill the company for my time. Also, I liked almost all of my coworkers (except this one unfriendly woman, who I always wound up sitting next to for some reason).

It's nice that your friend can spend the time with her parents. I hope she'll be OK financially, that she and/or her spouse can get jobs  or afford to take some time off. I've written about people who really suffered financially because of family caregiving.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15606 on: June 20, 2018, 05:34:51 pm »
It's nice that your friend can spend the time with her parents. I hope she'll be OK financially, that she and/or her spouse can get jobs  or afford to take some time off. I've written about people who really suffered financially because of family caregiving.

Her husband has a job waiting for him down there already.  She's got three interview lined up already, so things should be ok for her and the family.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15607 on: June 21, 2018, 09:43:39 am »
Her husband has a job waiting for him down there already.  She's got three interview lined up already, so things should be ok for her and the family.

Well, that's good! Sounds like they're set. The big problem with family caregiving is when the ill person's needs become so time consuming that their caregivers can't also work full time, so they wind up giving up jobs or going part time. I've talked to people who were driven to financial disaster because of this. One went from a $60k/year job to working from home for half that pay and facing potential homelessness if she put her mother in assisted living. Another woman who had been poor in the first place, a former clerk in a convenience store, had to give up that job and spoke to me from a homeless shelter. Another was still financially secure -- she and her husband were childless, well paid and good savers -- but she estimated that caring for her parents had cost them $80,000.

And those are only the three I talked to. When I put out a request to a source looking for caregivers who'd suffered financially, he put it in a newsletter and I was so deluged with replies I couldn't even answer them all.

I was lucky; first I and then my brother were my mom's caregivers, but she had this fantastic long-term care insurance policy of the kind no longer available.

In any case, it sounds like your colleague's parents probably aren't at that point in their health, and that her family is planning ahead and will do all right. So best wishes for her!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15608 on: June 21, 2018, 06:07:16 pm »
To be honest, my colleague didn't go into specifics on her mom's health. 

If her new position is like the one she has now, she'll be able to work from home from time to time, so that will be a help as well.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15609 on: June 24, 2018, 05:20:49 pm »
A few pics from Trent's "Moving Up" ceremony at Pre-School.

Here he is onstage with some classmates.