Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8681440 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15740 on: September 22, 2018, 05:09:40 pm »
hello Bettermost Friends!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

I had plans to get stuff done today, but I lost a chunk of the day.  My mom invited some cousins over for lunch, and I had planned on not attending, but mom called, and they were asking for me, so I quick got dressed presentably and went over.  I was there from 1:00 to 4:30.

I did manage to get some cleaning done today, and now that I'm home, I'll finish it up tonight.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15741 on: September 23, 2018, 09:45:38 am »
I had plans to get stuff done today, but I lost a chunk of the day.  My mom invited some cousins over for lunch, and I had planned on not attending, but mom called, and they were asking for me, so I quick got dressed presentably and went over.  I was there from 1:00 to 4:30.

I did manage to get some cleaning done today, and now that I'm home, I'll finish it up tonight.

I suppose it depends on how you feel about your cousins, but lunch with family sounds a lot more fun than cleaning!  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15742 on: September 23, 2018, 05:18:59 pm »
Hiya Bettermost friends!

;D

Grey day today, but I'm ok with that.  It kinda gives me an "autumn" feeling  now.  Next weekend I'll be taking out my Halloween decorations, and putting them up on my windows.

I suppose it depends on how you feel about your cousins, but lunch with family sounds a lot more fun than cleaning!  :laugh:

Oh,  I like my cousins, and I had a good time.  I'm glad I went, but it was a last minute thing I didn't  plan for, so it threw off most of my plans.

I did manage to get my cleaning, shopping and laundry done, so I'm good now.  ;D

I also managed to get the washed dishes put away, and do some extra cleaning in the bathroom.   On Tuesday the super and maintenance company will be here, doing an inspection of the place, and making sure that the heating is working for the coming winter.   All I need to do tomorrow is some dusting, and everything will be done for when they come to inspect.

;D

The last few times he's come in, the super has commented on how clean my place is, and that he could eat off the floor.  I'm glad that he notes I'm keeping the place clean,  but a part of me thinks if that's what he thinks about my place, what do my neighbors' places look like?

???   LOL
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:42:58 pm by CellarDweller »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15743 on: September 24, 2018, 09:33:46 am »
if that's what he thinks about my place, what do my neighbors' places look like?

Probably a lot like mine did before I put it up for sale.  :laugh:

I hired a cleaning lady (actually a wife and husband) to do a deep cleaning of my whole house in preparation to sell. She was very nice and said she was "impressed" by how dusty it was under my bed!  :laugh: They got it cleaner than I've ever been able to do. Now I keep it clean enough at all times that if there's a showing (as there is this afternoon) I just have to quickly do some finishing touches and it's ready to go. (Part of the problem is that my son is living here, and he's even more of a slob than I am, but he's been pretty good about keeping things under control since I listed the house.)

The realtor at the open house yesterday seemed amazed at how clean my house was. I thought they had to be super clean for open houses!  He said, "Oh, you should see some of the places I've been to." I said, "Great, I won't work as hard next time!"  :laugh: But he assured me that cleaner houses sell faster, which of course makes sense.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15744 on: September 24, 2018, 02:35:29 pm »
I remember how horrible it was keeping my house tidy when I sold it. Thankfully it was only about 3 weeks and that was nearly 9 years ago now. I am glad no-one is going to inspect my house. I put in an effort if I have visitors but that is only a few times each year. My suitcase is still lying on the floor of my bedroom and I have been home a week. I took out everything that needed washing but only did a little bit of ironing so a lot of clothes are lying on the beds in the spare room. I did work in the garden as it was lovely weather over the weekend but it turned cold and wet on Sunday afternoon and they forecast snow for yesterday (did not eventuate). I planned to do some ironing yesterday but none happened. I did go to the movies on Sunday afternoon and to a piano recital last night. I have a piano and violin recital tonight and am going walking with my group who I have not seen for over 8 weeks this morning. It seems to be fine but bitterly cold. Perhaps tomorrow. I wipe down the kitchen and bathroom sink areas but see little point in doing much else. Fortunately there does not seem to be as much dust here as in Australia, I guess it is the milder, wetter climate.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15745 on: September 24, 2018, 04:01:29 pm »
Fortunately there does not seem to be as much dust here as in Australia, I guess it is the milder, wetter climate.

That could be. I should add, though, that I hadn't swept under my bed for about eight years.  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15746 on: September 24, 2018, 06:58:05 pm »
Hiya Bettermost Friends!

Well, we made it through Monday!  ;D

Home later than usual, but I'm here now, and dinner is in the oven.  ;D

I remember how horrible it was keeping my house tidy when I sold it. Thankfully it was only about 3 weeks and that was nearly 9 years ago now. I am glad no-one is going to inspect my house. I put in an effort if I have visitors but that is only a few times each year. My suitcase is still lying on the floor of my bedroom and I have been home a week. I took out everything that needed washing but only did a little bit of ironing so a lot of clothes are lying on the beds in the spare room. I did work in the garden as it was lovely weather over the weekend but it turned cold and wet on Sunday afternoon and they forecast snow for yesterday (did not eventuate). I planned to do some ironing yesterday but none happened. I did go to the movies on Sunday afternoon and to a piano recital last night. I have a piano and violin recital tonight and am going walking with my group who I have not seen for over 8 weeks this morning. It seems to be fine but bitterly cold. Perhaps tomorrow. I wipe down the kitchen and bathroom sink areas but see little point in doing much else. Fortunately there does not seem to be as much dust here as in Australia, I guess it is the milder, wetter climate.

I usually don't get company often, so there are times that the apartment can get very cluttered.  Then I reach a point where I say "I can't take it anymore!"   and I go on a cleaning frenzy.   I'm very happy with the way the place looks now, I"m gonna have to work harder to keep it this way.

That could be. I should add, though, that I hadn't swept under my bed for about eight years.  :laugh:

I don't vacuum under the bed, I have stuff stored there.  :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15747 on: September 25, 2018, 09:33:57 am »
I don't vacuum under the bed, I have stuff stored there.  :laugh:

I do too, although dust still gets down there. Also, a friend told me that putting stuff under your bed is bad feng shui.

:o  ::)  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15748 on: September 25, 2018, 06:01:36 pm »
I do too, although dust still gets down there. Also, a friend told me that putting stuff under your bed is bad feng shui.

:o  ::)  :laugh:

:laugh:   When you have limited space, you make do!  LOL

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #15749 on: September 26, 2018, 03:26:26 pm »

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre