Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8680755 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15760 on: September 29, 2018, 01:46:40 pm »
Hiya Bettermost Friends!

I hope that everyone is good today!  ;D

I got up earlier than usual for a weekend, and already went out and got the shopping done and put away.   Had some lunch (pulled pork sandwich and a side of mashed cauliflower), did some light cleaning in the apartment, and will be going out for a walk, and then to pick some stuff at the drug store.

Then, it's time to clean the blinds and windows.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15761 on: September 30, 2018, 06:55:03 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Busy but good weekend.

I did some light cleaning, got the windows done,  bills paid, put up my Halloween decorations, did the laundry and grocery shopping. 

I already have shopping I need to do next weekend.  ::)   My microwave broke today, so I need a new one, but can't get it until next Saturday.  I would get rid of the old one now, just to have it out of the apartment, but the time still works on it, so I'm using that when I cook.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15762 on: October 01, 2018, 09:53:35 pm »

It was a busy day today at work.   Conference calls and meetings from 8:00am to noon,  then client requests, emails, phone calls, and general work, but managed to get it done and leave work on time.

Then a walk in the park after work.

Catching up online now, and made meals ahead of time to take for lunch during the week, so I don't have to spend money.

Speaking of not spending money, the microwave that I spoke about yesterday that was broken, is now working again.

??? ??? ???

Not sure what happened, but either way, less to spend this weekend.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15763 on: October 02, 2018, 06:19:23 pm »

Another busy day at work.  I have one client who is causing me fits right now.  LOL   Hopefully, I'll have what I need to finish their request.

Bowling night tonight.  Fingers crossed for strikes!  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15764 on: October 05, 2018, 06:32:57 pm »
TGIF Bettermost friends!

;D

Does anyone have good plans for the weekend?

We were told that we could leave early today, so I got to shut down and leave at 3:00 today.  I met up with my friend Tina, and we went for a walk through the park after work.

Time for some dinner, and then relaxing.

Tomorrow my town is having their annual Harvest Fest, I may drop by and walk around, perhaps take a few pics.  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15765 on: October 05, 2018, 09:23:00 pm »
I'm sorry, I should know this, Chuck, but what is your town again?

For some reason I keep picturing you living in a more urban area than in a town that would have a Harvest Fest. That sounds fun, though! Especially if it's nice out.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15766 on: October 06, 2018, 11:38:27 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Long weekend has finally arrived!  ;D   

Just did some light cleaning in the apartment, and then I need to run to the bank, and then if I can, I will go to the Harvest Fest in town.   It's a bit of a dreary day here, grey skies and maybe a drizzle.  I'm not sure of that, but I think I saw cars using their wipers.  If it is drizzling, that's too bad.  It will probably keep people away from the fest, and the town only has it for one day.

Sunday will be the usual laundry day, and then Monday shall be relaxing!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15767 on: October 06, 2018, 11:45:48 am »
I'm sorry, I should know this, Chuck, but what is your town again?

For some reason I keep picturing you living in a more urban area than in a town that would have a Harvest Fest. That sounds fun, though! Especially if it's nice out.

Hiya Katy!  I do live in a more urban area, I'm only about 45 minutes away from NYC.  I joke each year, wondering why the town has a "Harvest Fest" when we don't harvest anything.

:laugh:

If it's similar to prior fests, there will be carnival rides for kids, some booths that sell autumn and Halloween decorations and arts and crafts,  carnival food like hot dogs, hamburgers, funnel cakes and deep fried oreos,  face painting for kids, and then further down the local restaurants will have tables outside for people to sit and eat and drink, and a stage will be set up for live music.

If I go, I'll take some pics and post them.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15768 on: October 06, 2018, 03:44:11 pm »

If it's similar to prior fests, there will be carnival rides for kids, some booths that sell autumn and Halloween decorations and arts and crafts,  carnival food like hot dogs, hamburgers, funnel cakes and deep fried oreos,  face painting for kids, and then further down the local restaurants will have tables outside for people to sit and eat and drink, and a stage will be set up for live music.

If I go, I'll take some pics and post them.

Pix would be good!

So is your town a particular community in an area consisting of urban communities that sort of merged together into one big urban area? My experience of NJ is pretty much limited to the bus ride from NYC to the Newark airport, and once a drive through rural NJ, which I assume is where the Garden State moniker came from.

Sort of the way Los Angeles has Santa Monica and Burbank and Hollywood and Laurel Canyon and so on -- separate communities that make up a whole?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15769 on: October 06, 2018, 06:10:50 pm »
I'm  not sure about that.   The area I live in are a bunch of unrelated towns, that are pretty urban do to their proximity to NYC and Newark airport.

Although there is a section of Bloomfield that calls themselves "Brookdale", but it's the same zip code as Bloomfield.