Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8681458 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15780 on: October 07, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »
Thanks for posting those, Chuck! Now I have a better idea of your community. I think equivalent Midwestern festivals have many of those same attractions, but usually in a less urban setting.

Can you walk to do all your regular errands?

No,  unfortunately.  I don't have a grocery store within walking distance.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15781 on: October 08, 2018, 04:20:41 pm »
Happy Columbus Day, Chuck! Banker's holiday!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15782 on: October 08, 2018, 04:26:06 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Bank holiday for me, so I spent the day at home relaxing.  ;D

It's a cloudy day today, with some rain going on, so it's a good day to stay home.

Having today off also means it's a short work week.  That's always a bonus!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15783 on: October 11, 2018, 05:56:09 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It has been raining here  all day!  Damn!

Tomorrow is my pay day, which is good, as I have shopping I need to do!  :laugh:

Time to start dinner, hope everyone is doing well!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15784 on: October 13, 2018, 10:14:47 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yesterday was a bit of an odd day at work.  I got there at the usual time (8:00) and thankfully finished with all my time-sensitive stuff by 9:00 because at about 9:15 the power suddenly went out.  We lost everything:  access to our server, our shared drives, the intranet and internet, our email and phones.  Power was not successfully restored until 11:30.

Once power was restored, I was able to get back to work, and thankfully it was a slow day, so I didn't have a lot of requests waiting for me to complete. 

Nothing special last night, but I have to go out and get some shopping done.  I need to pick up my groceries, get to Omaha Steak store, check out the Halloween store, and then off to shop for a suit jacket.  I have a wedding to attend on the 20th, and then a work function in November that I can wear it to.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15785 on: October 13, 2018, 10:51:58 am »
Nothing special last night, but I have to go out and get some shopping done.  I need to pick up my groceries, get to Omaha Steak store, check out the Halloween store, and then off to shop for a suit jacket.  I have a wedding to attend on the 20th, and then a work function in November that I can wear it to.

Don't you have enough Halloween decor already?  ???

I have a box of the same stuff I've used for 20 years. It includes at least one or two ghosts my kids made by drawing faces with Sharpies on a piece of white sheet and wrapping it around a Styrofoam ball. It includes a McDonald's french fries costume my younger son wore when he was two, when it went to his ankles. We sometimes still wear it, though now it fits more like a collar.

I usually put a few things up at about 5 p.m. on Halloween: one of the ghosts, a blinking plastic jack-o-lantern, a light-up white plastic skeleton. Voila!

I haven't carved a pumpkin for a few years, though I usually at least get a pumpkin and set it on the porch. Come to think of it, I was invited to an event today where I could get a free pumpkin.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15786 on: October 13, 2018, 02:46:39 pm »
Oh, I have plenty of Halloween stuff.  I needed stuff for a costume for two parties I'm going to, as well as my bowling league's Halloween party.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15787 on: October 13, 2018, 04:59:03 pm »
Oh, I have plenty of Halloween stuff.  I needed stuff for a costume for two parties I'm going to, as well as my bowling league's Halloween party.

So what are you thinking?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15788 on: October 14, 2018, 05:44:58 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's definitely October here.  Very cool and grey today.  It just barely got over 61 today, and I actually had the heat on for a bit, just to take the chill out of the apartment.

Go the laundry done, and now it's time to get some cooking done for dinner and lunches during the week.  ;D

I got a Lakeside Collection catalog in the mail this weekend, and I found some stuff for Trenton for his birthday and Christmas.  ;D   I also got ideas for my niece, Shana and her boyfriend, Derek. ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15789 on: October 14, 2018, 05:47:08 pm »
So what are you thinking?

it had to be something relatively cheap and easy, as I'll be wearing it bowling, so I wanted something that I wouldn't care if it got ruined or stained.

I'm going to get an over-sized T-shirt that should go down to my knees, and cut the sleeves off, so it looks like a tunic of sorts.   I got brown cuffs for my wrists, and a gold rope for a belt.  The topper is a hat to put on that looks like snakes, so I will be "Mandusa".

:laugh: