Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8681466 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15830 on: November 13, 2018, 05:18:57 pm »
He can be surprising like that.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #15831 on: November 13, 2018, 10:21:48 pm »
You forgot chives!

[*slaps forehead*]

Actually one of my easiest yet well-performing appetizers combines those ingredients, except that instead of bagels (sorry, Chuck and NYC) I use tortilla wraps and cut them into those little spiral disk things. Dill instead of chives, but chives would be good, or even finely chopped red onion. And I've never used chopped eggs in these, but who knows -- that might work.

EDelMar and I were only in New Jersey for a bit on my last trip but he insisted on dropping by a local bakery and picking up some cupcakes. I thought it strange because he had never expressed an interest in cupcakes before. I got a red velvet one. It was delicious.

I've gathered that in recent years cupcakes became kind of a trend in NY, and so probably also in NJ, and a little bit even here in MN. Maybe EDM was aware of their fashionablity.

This video is actually five years old. But I bet it was great for the Magnolia Bakery!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRhTeaa_B98[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15832 on: November 14, 2018, 05:19:18 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day!

;D

I just got back from my trip to Rhode Island.   The meetings went really well, and we got some interesting things in our goodie bage.

The people from Pennsylvania gave us all a small bag of pretzels from Synders of Hanover, and Hersehey's chocolate.  Both of those companies are based in Pa.   People from Boston gave us some gummy lobster-shaped candy and small bags of "wicked" almonds.  People from Connecticut gave us Pez dispensers and candy because Pez has their headquarters there.  People from NY gave us mini snow globes with the NY Skyline in it.  The Rhode Island people gave us charm bracelets from Alex and Ani, as that's where their headquarters are.

We spent the two days discussing policies, procedures, changes to come, and brainstorming.

and, of course, getting to know each other.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15833 on: November 14, 2018, 05:20:45 pm »
He can be surprising like that.

Well, look who it is!

:-*

Hiya BBT!   How are you?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15834 on: November 14, 2018, 05:23:55 pm »
Bagged bagels in the grocery store dairy case are specifically labeled "egg" as opposed to plain, so I assume the plain ones don't have egg. I prefer the egg ones, myself.

With cream cheese and lox. And maybe some capers, a squeeze of lemon and chopped hard-boiled egg.

I got a bag of bagels once, never again.  They weren't the same or as good as ones from a bagel store.  You are correct, the egg bagels have an egg in them, which gives them their yellow tint.

You forgot chives!

EDelMar and I were only in New Jersey for a bit on my last trip but he insisted on dropping by a local bakery and picking up some cupcakes. I thought it strange because he had never expressed an interest in cupcakes before. I got a red velvet one. It was delicious.

We do have a few good bakeries in NJ.  I go to a local one whenever I need a dessert for a party, and everyone raves about the cake.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15835 on: November 14, 2018, 05:49:03 pm »
I'm partial to whole wheat bagels with vegetable cream cheese myself.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15836 on: November 17, 2018, 08:41:24 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Last weekend before Thanksgiving!  I'll be at my brother's place for that meal, and I still have't picked up what I need to bring to the gathering.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15837 on: November 22, 2018, 12:54:48 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone  who celebrates has a great holiday!

It turns out, I am not making anything for Thanksgiving!   Michelle has everything covered, and mom and dad got a try of Italian food for the meal as well, and there will be enough dessert.

My contribution is I'm bringing a bunch of take-out containers for leftovers, in case people want to take stuff home.

Yesterday was a crazy day at work!  I got there at 8:00 and it was non-stop until about 2:30.  Thankfully, it didn't pick back up, and I was able to leave at 3:00 instead of at 4:30 or 5:00.   I'm hoping that Friday is a dead day, and that I can leave early tomorrow as well.  ;D   Aside from it being (hopefully) a slow day, and (hopefully) leaving early, it's also payday, which is greatly needed now!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15838 on: November 23, 2018, 11:09:17 am »
Hi Chuck! So how was your Turkey and Pasta Day?  :)

Mine was nice. Went to my ex-husband's sister's house, where I know and like everyone. Everybody made their usual or something close to it. I brought my sweet-potato-bourbon pie, which I make every year wherever I go and everybody loves. Also, fresh whipped cream to accompany somebody else's Reddi-Wip (sp?).

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15839 on: November 25, 2018, 07:05:23 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Weekends always seem to pass so quickly, don't they?   >:(

Oh well, a new week about to start, and Thanksgiving is done, and now we move to Christmas.

Hi Chuck! So how was your Turkey and Pasta Day?  :)

Mine was nice. Went to my ex-husband's sister's house, where I know and like everyone. Everybody made their usual or something close to it. I brought my sweet-potato-bourbon pie, which I make every year wherever I go and everybody loves. Also, fresh whipped cream to accompany somebody else's Reddi-Wip (sp?).

Hiya Katy!

Thanksgiving was nice, but NO PASTA!   :o :laugh:

I was told not to bring anything, as there would be enough food to eat.  We had turkey and stuffing, corn casserole, green bean salad, fresh rolls, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and mom & dad got a pan of Chicken Contadina.   Dessert was pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, and chocolate chip cookies.

The chocolate cake was for Trent, as his birthday is the 30th, so we just celebrated his special day then.  He got to open his gifts too, so he was a very happy camper.  LOL

It was a bit of a crush trying to leave work early on Wednesday, but we managed to leave at 3:00.  Thankfully, Friday was slow and we were able to leave at 3:00 as well!  Saturday I got my grocery shopping done, and did my first official Christmas prep, I went to the post office and got my holiday stamps so I can mail out my cards soon.