Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 2716531 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #15860 on: November 25, 2018, 07:05:23 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Weekends always seem to pass so quickly, don't they?   >:(

Oh well, a new week about to start, and Thanksgiving is done, and now we move to Christmas.

Hi Chuck! So how was your Turkey and Pasta Day?  :)

Mine was nice. Went to my ex-husband's sister's house, where I know and like everyone. Everybody made their usual or something close to it. I brought my sweet-potato-bourbon pie, which I make every year wherever I go and everybody loves. Also, fresh whipped cream to accompany somebody else's Reddi-Wip (sp?).

Hiya Katy!

Thanksgiving was nice, but NO PASTA!   :o :laugh:

I was told not to bring anything, as there would be enough food to eat.  We had turkey and stuffing, corn casserole, green bean salad, fresh rolls, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and mom & dad got a pan of Chicken Contadina.   Dessert was pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, and chocolate chip cookies.

The chocolate cake was for Trent, as his birthday is the 30th, so we just celebrated his special day then.  He got to open his gifts too, so he was a very happy camper.  LOL

It was a bit of a crush trying to leave work early on Wednesday, but we managed to leave at 3:00.  Thankfully, Friday was slow and we were able to leave at 3:00 as well!  Saturday I got my grocery shopping done, and did my first official Christmas prep, I went to the post office and got my holiday stamps so I can mail out my cards soon.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15861 on: November 26, 2018, 10:29:42 am »
Well, at least the Chicken Contadina gave the meal an Italian touch!  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15862 on: November 26, 2018, 09:27:13 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone is doing well!

My coworker got back from vacation today, so now she can handle her clients again, and I can take it a little easier.

;D

We have a visitor from Boston coming in for work, so we'll be in meetings tomorrow, and then having a lunch.  He'll be leaving after lunch, because he has meetings in NYC.

spent some time doing some cooking today, so I have some meals for work for the week, so that will save some cash.  :)   Extra cash is good at this time of year!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15863 on: November 26, 2018, 09:28:38 pm »
Well, at least the Chicken Contadina gave the meal an Italian touch!  :)

Yes, it sure did.  It was spicy too, which is just what I like!

;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15864 on: November 27, 2018, 09:40:23 am »
Yeah, my Midwestern family Thanksgiving dinners aren't known for their spiciness. That's OK, though, they're bland in a good way.

My ex-sister-in-law and her husband hosted me along with about 12 other family members. They stick to the basics, but they like to experiment a bit. So the turkey was smoked and the dressing had mushrooms.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15865 on: November 28, 2018, 12:27:53 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone is doing well!

It was a little bit busy today at work, but I manged to get everything done, and leave on time again!  Always a bonus!  ;D

I had a meeting to attend in the morning, and it was decided on that lunch would be provided later.  There was enough left over that I was able to wrap some up and take it home for dinner, so I didn't need to cook.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15866 on: November 28, 2018, 12:28:36 am »
Yeah, my Midwestern family Thanksgiving dinners aren't known for their spiciness. That's OK, though, they're bland in a good way.

My ex-sister-in-law and her husband hosted me along with about 12 other family members. They stick to the basics, but they like to experiment a bit. So the turkey was smoked and the dressing had mushrooms.

sounds like a good meal!  No more Thanksgiving leftovers here, so now on to Christmas!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15867 on: November 28, 2018, 09:24:01 am »
There was enough left over that I was able to wrap some up and take it home for dinner, so I didn't need to cook.

I love it when that happens. Or the other way around -- you eat a nice dinner somewhere and have enough left over for lunch (or breakfast!) the next day.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #15868 on: November 28, 2018, 09:46:45 pm »
I love it when that happens. Or the other way around -- you eat a nice dinner somewhere and have enough left over for lunch (or breakfast!) the next day.

Oh yeah, it's always a good thing when that happens!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • I'm marching for her!
« Reply #15869 on: November 28, 2018, 11:01:48 pm »
They say 40% of "doggy bag" meals are never eaten. In my house, 100% are eaten!!
May 2019 be better for us all.