Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8905701 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17880 on: August 21, 2023, 03:29:31 pm »
Ooops!  Sorry Lee!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17881 on: September 04, 2023, 03:04:13 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend!

;D

This weekend has been an isolated one, by choice.  LOL

I went to mom and dad's place on Monday, and at 11:00 mom left to go to school, and help the teachers set up for the new school year.   I left for the apartment before she got back home.  Then, on Tuesday, mom said she felt 'off'.  Wednesday she started to feel a little worse, and then she got a call from one of the teachers that was there on Monday, she had just tested positive for Covid.

Mom did a home test that came back negative, and she called me to tell me not to come over for the rest of the week, just to be safe.

She went to an Urgent Care center on Thursday to have a test there as well, and they told her the results would be given to her the next day (Friday).   Mom ended up going to a second Urgent Care for a rapid test, because she wasn't sure what time of day the results from the first Urgent Care would be given to her.  If she was positive, she wanted to get a prescription for Paxlovid, but you need to get the prescription within 5 days of showing symptoms.  Her rapid test at the second Urgent Care turned out negative, and then she got the results from the first Urgent Care, and that was negative as well.

So just by coincidence she managed to catch some sort of bug, and not Covid.  However, I didn't want to catch her bug, so I worked from the apartment Thursday and Friday, and I didn't go to visit on Saturday or Sunday.   However, she called me on Sunday evening and she sounded much better, and invited me to go out to lunch with them on Monday to a BBQ joint.

My brother got a rack of ribs, but gave mom, dad and I some of the ribs.  I got a hot dog and sweet potato fries.  Mom got a Italian chicken panino, and Dad got a hot roast beef and cheese sandwich.

So today was the "unofficial" end of summer, but from the temps you would never know.   It's supposed to be in the 90s all week, breaking on Friday with some thunderstorms.  At least it will be a short work week.

Next day off from work is Columbus Day, and I took that week off of work for another staycation.  After that, I have one last week to take, and I am taking the week before Christmas.

;D

Hope everyone is ready for the coming autumn!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17882 on: September 06, 2023, 11:14:44 am »
So today was the "unofficial" end of summer, but from the temps you would never know.   It's supposed to be in the 90s all week, breaking on Friday with some thunderstorms. ... Hope everyone is ready for the coming autumn!

I am *not* ready for the coming autumn. I never am! There's been highs in the 90s here for the past few days, which is a little too hot, even for me. But starting today it will be in the 70s into the foreseeable future. It always happens so suddenly, right after Labor Day!

Yesterday at one point I looked at my phone and saw it was now predicting highs in the 90s for the next three days. I momentarily rejoiced -- then noticed I was looking at the forecast for New York, not Minneapolis.

This past spring it went from temps im the 50s to the 80s in one week, with no segue through the 60s and 70s. Now it's doing something similar in reverse.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17883 on: September 06, 2023, 02:43:30 pm »
I am *not* ready for the coming autumn. I never am! There's been highs in the 90s here for the past few days, which is a little too hot, even for me. But starting today it will be in the 70s into the foreseeable future. It always happens so suddenly, right after Labor Day!

Oh, send it this way, please!  LOL

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17884 on: September 06, 2023, 03:02:11 pm »
What autumn? Last year it wasn't anything like it used to be.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17885 on: September 23, 2023, 02:58:10 pm »

First weekend of autumn is a rainy one here in NJ.  I don't mind though, sometimes a grey day is a good thing.  This past week was the first week that I had the blinds open to let the sun in.  All summer, doing that makes it too hot in the place.

The only plans to leave the apartment today were for getting the groceries, and that is done already.  The rest of the day can be spent relaxing, although I do still need to put the laundry away from yesterday.

Friday after work I went to the CVS and got the flu vaccine.  No after-effects today, other than some soreness and a bump at the injection site, which is the same thing that happened last year.

Next week is the last day of September, so I will go out shopping and get some Halloween stuff for the apartment.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17886 on: September 24, 2023, 11:54:00 am »
Blessing to you too, Chuck! The only sign of fall is that it's getting cold in the nights, like down to the upper 40s. A few leaves are starting to change here and there.

Before my trip to Europe I got a COVID shot, but I came down with some kind of other bug on the last day or so of the trip. Just a cold I guess but it seems to be hanging on a long time. I'm ready to break down and take some medicine for it.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17887 on: September 24, 2023, 12:09:45 pm »
Mostly rainy weekend here, too. Highs around 70 at best. Looks like this will continue for a couple more days after this, but later in the week looks sunnier and warmer -- partly cloudy, highs in the upper 70s.

Some friends are planning to celebrate my birthday next weekend (it's actually in two weeks, but next weekend worked out better with people's schedules). If all goes well, we'll gather on the rooftop patio of my building and hopefully have it to ourselves -- when I go up with neighbors we're often the only people there, and aside from July 4, when you can see fireworks from all over, I've never seen more than a handful up there at the same time. Anyway, the good news is that the forecast for next Saturday calls for partly cloudy, 81 degrees!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17888 on: October 01, 2023, 02:25:24 pm »

Welcome to October!

;D

After many days of rain, we have sun now.

I was busy this weekend.  On Saturday, I met up with my friend, Tina, and we went shopping.   I wanted to get some decorations to put out around the apartment for Halloween, and she needed to get some home goods stuff, so we hit Burlington.  She went to the home section, and I found some Halloween stuff there.   The next stop was Khols, she needed to get new sleep pants for her husband, and then the final stop was Spirit Halloween.   When I got home, I spent time cleaning the apartment, so that when I was ready to decorate on Sunday, everything would be clear and ready.

I slept in today, and then got to decorating the apartment with my new purchases.

I posted pics in the Celebrating Halloween thread.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17889 on: October 01, 2023, 07:23:47 pm »
Re: Burlington?

Once upon a time Burlington had a really nice store in an in-town shopping mall known as The Gallery that we had here. They had good stuff! I got lots of good dress-clothes-type things there. Hell, I got myself a Ralph Lauren suit there!

But then the store was moved to a different location in the mall, and the merchandise they began stocking in the local store is ... to put it both mildly and bluntly ... crap. I will not even set foot in the store.

Frankly, I am suspicious that the company deliberately dumps the shit-merchandise here because it's a center-city location and because of prejudice against the expected nature of the people who will shop there: lower income minorities.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.