Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8905343 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17900 on: October 10, 2023, 03:37:13 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe we should resurrect some of those stupid moments of Frump's although they didn't seem to faze his admirers the first time around.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17901 on: October 10, 2023, 04:21:09 pm »
Maybe we should resurrect some of those stupid moments of Frump's although they didn't seem to faze his admirers the first time around.

That's because his admirers figure that if Trump said it, it must be a real word.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17902 on: October 14, 2023, 01:20:31 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is well!

;D

Stay-cation is over, back to work on Monday.   I didn't plan on giving the apartment a cleaning this week, however, got late notice that on Wednesday building management was doing the annual heating inspection, so I wanted to make sure everything was presentable for that, so I did a quick touch up around the place.

Thursday I got my Covid booster.  No major reactions.  On Friday I did have some chills and felt a little run down, but by today that was gone and all is fine.  So now I've had the flu and Covid boosters, I'm ready for the winter.

After a week of sunny days, we have rain today, so I'm spending the day indoors, just relaxing and watching scary movies.  ;D

What is everyone else up to?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #17903 on: October 14, 2023, 03:30:49 pm »
Just noticed that in my last post I wrote "COFID." Sorry, I actually meant COVFEFE.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17904 on: October 18, 2023, 04:01:50 pm »
On Saturday I was with a handful of friends in New Mexico, watching the eclipse. It was really magical. EDelMar joined us briefly but decided the eclipse could be more perfect 80 miles south in Albuquerque so he zipped off. The rest of us cooked a breakfast feast over a cedar campfire, stuck our boots in the fire and turned our dark glassed eyes to the sun. The moon crept steadily over its face and then hung there, triumphant, for it seemed like the longest time while we were suspended in its force field. When it finally slipped away, we packed up at a leisurely pace, smudged each other, and headed off to home. The aspen trees were flaming gold and russet as I crossed over a pass at the border as the road weaved around the Cumbres and Toltec narrow gauge railroad.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17905 on: October 18, 2023, 08:57:29 pm »
On Saturday I was with a handful of friends in New Mexico, watching the eclipse. It was really magical. EDelMar joined us briefly but decided the eclipse could be more perfect 80 miles south in Albuquerque so he zipped off. The rest of us cooked a breakfast feast over a cedar campfire, stuck our boots in the fire and turned our dark glassed eyes to the sun. The moon crept steadily over its face and then hung there, triumphant, for it seemed like the longest time while we were suspended in its force field. When it finally slipped away, we packed up at a leisurely pace, smudged each other, and headed off to home. The aspen trees were flaming gold and russet as I crossed over a pass at the border as the road weaved around the Cumbres and Toltec narrow gauge railroad.

If it isn't too late in the season, you should have combined a ride on that railroad with your trip. The scenery is spectacular, especially with the aspens in their fall glory. OCD and I rode that railroad in a long-ago autumn. It was an experience never to be forgotten.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17906 on: October 20, 2023, 11:27:55 am »
Yes, I've been on that trip long ago. It was so interesting to be traveling in the landscape with no road going right through the middle of your view.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17907 on: October 31, 2023, 07:21:59 pm »

Happy Halloween!

the past few weeks have been really busy with work.  I've had to put in a few late nights, getting extra crap done, but I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, which is encouraging.

Last weekend I had two Halloween parties to attend, one from a long-time friend, and another with people from the bowling league I'm a member of.  They were both fun, but needless to say, Sunday morning I was beat, even after a night's sleep.

I can't party like I used to.

:laugh:

After a few warm days, the temps are starting to drop again, and the leaves are all turning colors, it really feels like fall now.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17908 on: October 31, 2023, 08:38:05 pm »
Parties, parties, parties. So exhausting. Makes me almost respect the socialites.  :laugh:

Lately, I've been able to beg off by saying my daughter's really pregnant and needs babysitting help. Works pretty well.

However, I'm planning to go to an escape room, an opera, and an English Speaking Union meeting next week so I'll definitely be in the social whirl.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17909 on: November 23, 2023, 01:29:40 pm »

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I will be going over to my parents' place for lunch at 1:00.  We're doing a combo of traditional, and Italian for our Thanksgiving meal.   I was asked to bring a dessert, but not a pumpkin or pecan pie.  I had wanted to get a pumpkin roll, but was unable to find one, so I went with a chocolate roll instead.

Exciting news for me on the vacation front.  ;D   

As you all know, I love to watch the sport of figure skating.  Each year there is a World Figure Skating Championships.  It's usually overseas, or in Canada, so travel can be expensive.  I'm a member of a figure skating forum, and it was announced there not long ago that in 2025, the WFSC will be held in Boston.  For me, a driveable distance, which would mean no airfare, and no rental car costs.

I found out where to purchase tickets, and had to wait until last Wednesday.   I took the money I would've spent on the airfare/car rental costs, and put it towards tickets, getting tickets for every event.  I got confirmation at the beginning of the week that I got the tickets I wanted, aisle seat, 3 row from the ice!

;D